Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » World Watch » Allegations of massive fraud in Alaska

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allegations of massive fraud in Alaska
Duke Leto
Member # 6226

- posted      Profile for Duke Leto         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://stopalaskavoterfraud.blogspot.com/

This guy says that Palin and the Alaska GOP are up to some nasty tricks in the Great White North...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool handle!

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, alaska is missing about 100,000 votes. Its no good.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duke Leto
Member # 6226

- posted      Profile for Duke Leto         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cool handle!

Interestingly, I've been cast as Menelaus in a production of "The Trojan Women" so I'll get to say I may not be an Atreides, but I play one on stage.

[ November 06, 2008, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Duke Leto ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100 thousand votes? That's, um, about 14 percent of the entire population, so that would be... half the votes? A third?
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see if I can find an update on this.

In 2004, Alaska cast 313000 votes.

There appears to be about 290k votes that will be counted, plus a few tossed out. So maybe 300k votes cast in alaska. I didn't know some of these existed at my earlier post, so maybe only 20-40k missing votes

[ November 08, 2008, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Everard ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see the figures, but I would expect the total number of votes in 2008 to differ from 2004. Question is, which way? Alaska Republicans should have turned out to vote for Sarah Palin, but they knew the election was lost before they finished voting. Maybe they did not want to vote for Senator Stevens, a convicted felon. Probably they had some opinion on Obama as the first black candidate, but who knows what it was?
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the most likely explanation is that the adjustments that polling companies made for voter composition didn't apply in Alaska.

Our self identified percentage of Republicans didn't change as it did with the rest of the US, so when pollsters more heavily weighted independents for polls it resulted in substantial underweighting of the Republican voters.

LetterRip

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't say I'm surprised

and nice to meet you, Duke Leto.

[ November 08, 2008, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page