Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » World Watch » hate-filled lies of the Left

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hate-filled lies of the Left
Star Pilot 111
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Star Pilot 111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Orson Scott Card August 15, 2004

Extremism and Ben Stein; Trial Lawyers as Candidates

I was reading this article, once again, and learned something I didn't know before.

I didn’t know, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, and Sean Hannity, were Left.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, just John Kerry and John Edwards and Franken and .......
Posts: 1683 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily Rush, Bill and Sean are not running for president. I wonder what the lefts excuse is. [Wink]
Posts: 1683 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctbzzz
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The left has accused George W Bush of conspiring with the 9/11 terrorists to hijack planes and crash them into buildings: possibly his own home, prominent buildings in New York, and his own military headquarters so that an oil company his Vice President used to be in charge of can overcharge by a few dollars.

As a critical thinking exercise, consider the following:

Even if W wanted to do such an evil thing I think it would be very hard for him to pull it off without the military and intelligence agencies knowing about it, and I am sure more than a few of them had friends and relatives who work in the pentagon.

If you believe the above paragraph is possible in the real world then you need some sort of medication and therapy to deal with your irrational mind.

I know that there is one Democrat running for Congress that believes this garbage, and will state this garbage on more than one occasion when she is in front of the right audience.

That is the kind of stupid hate speech that comes from the minority party.

Both Parties have problems with stupid extremists, but the stupid extremists on the Democratic have abandoned all pretence of reality in their hatred of W.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Pilot 111
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Star Pilot 111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote Ron
Luckily Rush, Bill and Sean are not running for president.

I agree.
_________

Quote ctbzzz
The left has accused George W Bush of conspiring with the 9/11 terrorists to hijack planes and crash them into buildings: possibly his own home, prominent buildings in New York, and his own military headquarters so that an oil company his Vice President used to be in charge of can overcharge by a few dollars.

I agree it's a stupid accusation. Sometimes it looks to me that when these guys ( party extremists) get caught up in the election, they step out of reality and into some “Bizarre-o World”. That’s the thing that really upsets me most, in these political contests.

Plus, the media, press, TV, and whoever, reports the crap they spew, without any thought that voters might think these, obvious false statements, are true. For sure the party extremists are the culprits, but the media supports their wacko ideas, by repeating them.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctbzzz
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Star Pilot 111:
quote Ron
Plus, the media, press, TV, and whoever, reports the crap they spew, without any thought that voters might think these, obvious false statements, are true. For sure the party extremists are the culprits, but the media supports their wacko ideas, by repeating them.

So when the likely winner of a congressional seat from the Democratic Party repeats the lie that W was behind the 9/11 attacks it should be ignored by the press?
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's no more insane than those who claim that it is the goal of the left to "bring down america" or that homosexuals who wish to marry are trying to destroy familys.

Or that Clinton "murdered" 47..or 53..or 31..or however many people. Right, the special prosecuter took him over the coals for infedelity and let him off the hook for multiple murders.

Whack jobs exist on both ends of the political spectrum, and neither side has a lot of room for finger pointing.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Pilot 111
Member # 1972

ctbzzz quote

should be ignored by the press?

There used to be such a thing as investigative reporters, reporters who sifted through the things that were said, and if they weren't valid they would show the proof otherwise. those days are gone, Whaaaaa! Whaaaaa! [Frown]

Levin
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Levin   Email Levin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I share your misery in the decline of investigative reporting, Star Pilot. However, decline may not mean demise. For what I think are some tough questions about 9/11, many of which I suspect have not been answered, go to this link: Philly Daily News 9/11 Questions

I was fascinated by you comments, ctbzzz, about the allegations made by a Congressional candidate. These allegations seemed to tie the Bush administration to 9/11. This isn't the first time I've heard about someone making such an accusation. There is, as you no doubt know, a vibrant group of conspiracy theorists. While they are, to say the least, a bit overeager, isn't it worth a little time to investigate their claims? If we deflate them, we can give ourselves credit for dispelling nonsense.

And if there's something to them...

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeHaan
Member # 2008

- posted      Profile for DeHaan   Email DeHaan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want some "Investigative Reporting" try looking up "Iraqi Conspiracy and Oklahoma City Bombing". Enjoy what you find here. I'm not sure what to make of it myself, but it is quite intriguing.

here are some links if you're too lazy to do the search yourself.

This one provides a large summary of the coverup, including tons of links.
http://www.akdart.com/okc.html

this one is really good if you have the stamina to read the whole thing, at least read the first 10 points.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/794420/posts

Here, try this one. Prof form one of our own Brig. Generals(a demolitions expert) that more than just one bomb was used in the OKC bombing.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1995/vo11no16/vo11no16_partin.htm

This one is entirely shocking. Check the facts if you don't believe them, they're all true.
http://www.uhuh.com/reports/ocbomb/okcover.htm

I know this doesn't really go with the current forum theme, but I think everyone should read it. It provides a lot of insight that might be rather interesting to most of you. Especially those of you who think Iraq has nothing to do with terrorists.
And especially those of you who think the Media has all the answers, and shows all the facts.

Posts: 263 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

Let me think of some Right "hate speech" and some Left "hate speech"

Right: Gay marriage will destroy the family, and the Left wants to teach homosexuality to your kids in class.
Left: The Right wants to put pink triangles on homosexuals and rejoices in the torture death like that Pollack(?) fellow.

Right: The Left wants to take your money and spend it on brainwashing your kids and funding art like <urine> Christ and Marlthorpe.
Left: The Right wants to burn books, censor all ideas and give all the money to the rich plutocrats to oppress you.

Right: Kerry is a rich French wimp
Left: Bush is Hitler who rejoices in killing your sons and daughters for spare change for his couch and free oil.

I find the Left a little less believable, both from personal bias, and by the ferocity of their invective. They HATE in the way only a primeaval Repulican in '93 can.

Any others?

jouissance
Member # 784

- posted      Profile for jouissance   Email jouissance       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try

left: the right wants to keep children in gay families at a disadvantage and encourage bigotry against a minority of americans
right: the left spread the hate-filled lies of hitler and unnatural sex will lead to the end of our civilization

left: the right is not concerned about hampering free speech and continues to support policies that are dramatically increasing the income gap.
right: the left thinks that running into a crowed theatre or school and yelling ‘there’s a bomb’ is free speech and the government needs more money so it can waste it on programs that contribute nothing to society and would not pay for pants for our troops if they thought they could get away with it.

left: bush is setting a dangerous precedent which other nations will follow of ‘preemptive’ military action against those who they feel threatened by.
right: kerry shot himself to get out of combat, can’t make a decision to save his own life, and can’t wait to issue flip flops to our troops cause the savings in flip flops over boots will provide more money for wasteful programs

games games games…

i like the format though-

left, right, left, right, sounds like we are going off to war.

Posts: 359 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KenBean
Member # 603

- posted      Profile for KenBean   Email KenBean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Jouisance...the rest of us already went. [Smile]
KenBean

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jouissance
Member # 784

- posted      Profile for jouissance   Email jouissance       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] - glad i missed this one and i hope you make it back safe- the war of left vs right i mean.

deciding whether it is more or less believable that kerry shot himself in the leg with a banned assault rifle while in laos or bush was snorting coke in a fighter jet is not worth me going to war for.

not when we still have the war on poverty, the war on drugs...

Posts: 359 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page