Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » World Watch » Is there a reason this forum exists...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a reason this forum exists...?
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the site. This specific forum. It's got all the arguments that the primary forum has, with the added "benefit" of having to reiterate something that's been said eight or nine times before.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a reason this post exists? [Razz]
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Tom (although your position was phrased in the form of a question).

It sorta made sense during the invasion of Iraq (when it was still "War Watch") but now, the only purpose it seems to serve is a jumping off point for all the "Can you believe what OSC said this time" threads.

As such, it does tend to keep most of the OSC bashing out of "site", but aside from that, I don't see much value in it.

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. No value. Just one more place to check. Especially since there is no more war, and we discuss terrorism on the main site. It should at least be renamed "OSC Article Comments" or something.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say: Kill it. (Fold into general, or rename.)
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page