Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » World Watch » Football!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Football!!
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TO ALL AT AMERICAN ORNERY!!!
Yes, thats right, im back!!! Aww did u guys miss me???
And before I go any further: to the person who sent me a little "threat" in an email: How petty!!
You have excelled yourself, to go to ALL that trouble to email me a threat without being traced is just.....sad.....very very sad.
Going to all that effort just to try and "scare" me?? I dont think so!!
Whoever you are you don't scare me, far from it. All you did was give me a good laugh..thanks [LOL]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

RickyB: I love you!! Its a bit of a shame you support the wrong team but I like a man who insults me about football!! makes me feel good!! :-)
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked you, scouser. I don't know what you did to annoy anyone; the only behavior that annoys me is acting like one is some sort of leader of the site.

[ January 31, 2007, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Omega M. ]

Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Eh??? Explain...
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say more without naming names.
Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Hmm...so ive been sent an insulting email, and your keeping names?? Hmm, thats making me think..
TheDeamon
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for TheDeamon   Email TheDeamon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more annoyed at checking the forums for new posts, and having to read the same exact post in 15 different threads.
Posts: 505 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big C
Member # 3404

- posted      Profile for Big C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scouser1:

I want you to have my babies!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!

Posts: 171 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

OK i'll have your babies..
Why, are you a man united fan too??
PLEASE GOD NO!!! [Big Grin] ENOUGH MAN UNITED FANS!!

If you have been bothered to read it you will see why....thats all i have to say, if you dont like it you know where the door on this thread is...

[ February 01, 2007, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

scouser1
unregistered

GOOD NEWS!!!
L.F.C. is about to be taken over by Americans!!
And if he does the same to us as Malcom Glazier did to Man United....we are totally SCREWED!! :-S

KnightEnder
unregistered

IT'S NOT FOOTBALL!!!
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you know who I support in the premiership, and frankly - I don't want to talk about it. The curse of picking a team when you're 11...
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJQuag
Member # 3582

- posted      Profile for DJQuag   Email DJQuag       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scouser, good to see another Reds fan around. And KE, damn right it's football. It involves kicking a ball, with your feet, for more then 1 percent of the game. AND it came first. So there.
Posts: 476 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Thank you DJ!!
My kinda guy!!!
Just because you already have a game thats already called football doesnt mean it is called something different! All around the world the word football is universal, except America that is... ;-)
Aww come on Ricky, dont feel bad that you picked the wrong team...Man United fans have to put up with that feeling all the time!!...oh and Everton beating us for years to come?? I dont think so!! Not while they have holes in their backsides my dear!! ;-)

scouser1
unregistered

Dj, r u from rainhill?
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just 4 the record, I'm rooting for Indianapolis.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it now the actuall game on ESPN ?

there was a nice pass to the touch down, but then an ignominous fumble with the extra point.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was a touchdown now
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

am i the only ornery american to watch this? and i am not even american
DJQuag
Member # 3582

- posted      Profile for DJQuag   Email DJQuag       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Rainhill hospital, Scouser, but moved to the states when I was eight. As for Everton, not in this lifetime, not ever. Man U came close to matching Liverpool's records, but their glory is gone. Such a shame.
Posts: 476 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody watched it, Hannibal; it just wasn't that great a game in the slippery rain. Let's put it this way, it was a lot of fumbles and, in the 2nd half, not a lot of suspense.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

when i went to sleep, it seemed like chicago were way better, its weird that they lost at the end.

at any rate, what bothers me the most in american football, is that the net time of play is less then 10% of the actuall time of the game, whats the point of 4 quarters of 15 minutes if the total time of play in each quarter is about 2 minutes at best.

scouser1
unregistered

Excuse me, this is about football?? OUR football, not yours!! your soccer is our football, and your football is kind of like our rugby!! confused?? but our rugby is waaaay better than your football any day of the week... :-P
That is cool dj, i wish my parent had emigrated when they were going to, not that i dont love this place, but its like the liverpool roots can never be removed ya know?? so i dont think i would have missed it all that much...
Plus man united?? they could have been great again. but now that the glazier empire has a strangle hold of them and while they still have fergie who has weeeeellll past his sell-by-date then no chance...
But LA Galaxy are finally getting David Beckham....yeah, anyway....good luck with that!! :-P

[ February 05, 2007, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

moodi
Member # 3020

- posted      Profile for moodi   Email moodi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the game sucked because of the rain. Da Bears were lucky that it wasn't a dry night because I really believe it would've been a 40-point game and a butt whipping.

Congrats to the Colts. They surely deserved it.

Posts: 134 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Thats cool...and if I knew what american football was all about I would probably love that too... [Smile]
Big C
Member # 3404

- posted      Profile for Big C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scouser1:

That's the nicest thing I've heard you say about America. Maybe there's hope for universal peace and understanding.

Thank you, whether you intended to be gracious, or not.

Posts: 171 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Don't get too excited!! I think its just the hormones and the early mornings [Frown]

[ February 05, 2007, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

scouser1
unregistered

Has anyone seen the Champions League Final of 2005? It was my fave team in the whole wide world Liverpool, against AC Milan. And for those who like football, please, take time to look it up, it was in my opinion, 1 of the best footballing comebacks in the history of football, I mean it was so amazing!! In fact, I think i'm going to get my DVD of the spectacular event out and watch it while eating some cookies [Big Grin]

Here is a little video clip for ya!
(our anthem is in it as well! Originally sung as a gospel song by none other than Elivis Presley!)
You gotta give us the best match in football history, RickyB! Even you gotta admit, we were good! We rocked Istanbul! And I was there! £350 quid for just my ticket, but it was worth every minute! [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_sx_sZtmA&mode=related&search=

"Walk on, walk on, with hope, in your heart!!!
And you'll never walk alone!
You'll never walk alone!"

[ February 05, 2007, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

Hannibal
Member # 1339

scouser you a Liverpool fan?
I am not an american, i was just intrigued and decided to watch the superball.

infact, do you remmember Maccabi Haifa? (the team that almost passed Liverpool on the way to the champions league) I am a fan of theirs.
(and unfortionatly things arent going good for them at the moment)

scouser1
unregistered

Yes, I am a red, through and through! As Stevie G says in his book,
"Cut me and I bleed Liverpool..."
And we think he is the most talented player in the world, but ya know, thats just Red fans!!!

Thats a shame, but teams do go through bouts of low points, including us.
I mean, look at Manchester United. They were once great, but now they are in a heap of debt, and its affecting how they perform on the pitch.
I doubt they will be coming back from that its sad to say [Frown]

And to cheer you all up, heres a few little Liverpool chants that I have also joined into on the Kop Stand [Big Grin]

Ste Gerrard, Gerrard (To the music of Que Sera Sera)

Ste Gerrard Gerrard
He'll pass the ball 40 yards
He's big and he's fu*king hard
Ste Gerrard Gerrard!

Rafa, Raphael, Rafa, Raphael, Rafa, Raphael, Raphael Benitez!

Oh when the Reds
Go marching in
Oh when the Reds go marching in
I want to be in that number
when the Reds go marching in!!!

Dedicated to the victims of the Hillsborough Disaster, especially Steven Gerrard's JohnPaul and to Peter we love you, not a day goes by that we dont think of you xXx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3rXSKh8BVc&mode=related&search=

"You'll never walk alone"

[ February 07, 2007, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

Hannibal
Member # 1339

If Haifa were "allowed" to host the game at home, it whould have been us in the champions league not Liverpool
scouser1
unregistered

I know, but theres no point in still being bitter, whats past is past.

At the end of the day it's only football, and when something as big as the Hillsborough Disater takes place, you realise that, and when you lose someone close to you whos only crime was to go to a football match and enjoy the glory of football, it really does hit home...these people didnt deserve to die, it was the actions of the police that led them to their deaths. They were the ones who murdered them, all we ever wanted was the truth.
So if we don't win a match, or we don't make the Champions League, then that's fine, just as long as the knowledge is there that nothing like that will ever happen in a game of football ever again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZ5BR2cHVs&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLGxFLFlHo&mode=related&search=

[ February 08, 2007, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Welcome to Ornery, DJ. You are sooo wrong. [Smile]

Souser, Real Football is like Rugby but it's more about killing each other (we hit harder) and less about rolling around in a scrum with other guys. [Smile]

Hannibal, that's exactly what happened to me. Fortunately I missed Prince's halftime show. Who is next years halftime perfomer, Billy Idol?

KE

scouser1
unregistered

Yeah, but our guys dont need protective clothing and helmets (except of course, to protect their crown jewels;)) if they get hit hard and they bleed, then thats the way it is, no protection, and there has been some haemmorages and anurisms because of the game in the past..

Edited to add: hey! dont knock Billy Idol! He was great back "in the day"! hehe [Big Grin]

[ February 08, 2007, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

Hannibal
Member # 1339

its enough to see what happned to peter chech and adwin van der sar.

boy that was scary, he looked like he gotten a KO

scouser1
unregistered

eww :-S yeah. Well, footballers unfortunately dont have any protection in that area, but it does remind me of Traore when he first started playing for our side. I dont know how he managed it, but as he was tackling, he managed to miss the ball, slide on his back, and bang right into the goalpost with a leg on either side. How the hell he managed that i dont know, but it didnt half look painful! It made me cringe and i dont even have any crown jewels! [Frown]
Hannibal
Member # 1339

I actually play as a goalkeeper at the hood, so far i managed to break several fingers and I've got to admit that it hurts.

also, several powerfull shots at the balls, now thats complete and immidiate incapacitaiton.

the most hurtfull though , was i had a one on one situation with an attacker, and he shot me on the nose, it rebounded right back to the attacking player and he vollied again - to my nose.

man, I tell you that hurt so much, i thought I'd pass out

(but there was no goal!!)

scouser1
unregistered

Wow! Saved from a goal by your nose! I'm impressed! It saves you doin a David James and bloody batting the ball and it going in anyway! Didnt anyone tell him it's a game of football and not tennis?? [DOH]
scouser1
unregistered

Well, its official, Liverpool F.C. has been taken over by Americans in a record £470 million takeover!! Bring on our Stanley Park, 60,000 seater stadium!!! No more talk of sharing with Everton, thank God!! [Big Grin]

[ February 09, 2007, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

Ron Weinberger
Member # 2570

- posted      Profile for Ron Weinberger   Email Ron Weinberger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, How old are you, scouser1?
Posts: 79 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page