Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » FF team

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FF team
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else have a fantasy team? What is up with Culpepper?!? Good gosh he's killing me...And so much for the friggin Baltimore D...uuuggghhhhh
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Daunte's stinking badly. A friend of mine told me like 4 years ago that he's actually a very mediocre passer who gets by thanks to the "loft it up in Randy's general direction" factor. I didn't quite believe him, but he was apparently most correct.

Ravens D is a bad surprise, but I think that's due to the fact that they got no, and I mean no offense, which is kinda hurting me cause I took Derrick Mason. I read, in the eve of the season, someone somewhere who predicted that Jamal Lewis was gonna stink because of the jail time. The guy explained that due to the short sentence, he didn't get free access to weights, while the prison food played havoc with his physical condition. Again, that guy appears to have been on the money.

Who else you got? We start 8 and bench 3. I got
RB - Shaun Alexander
RB - Brian WEstbrook
WR - Derrick Mason
QB - Kerry Collins
WR - Keenan McCardel
TE - Jason Witten
K - Neil Rackers
DST - Jets
------
Drew Bennett
Kurt Warner (about to dump his ass, possibly for Braylon Edwards)
Reuben Droughns

[ September 19, 2005, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, you start a topic, have the courtesy to check if anyone replied. [Smile]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Ricky. No one ever wants to talk fantasy football around here, do they?
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

No. [Frown]
I'm obsessive... September through December, it's literally one of the major things in my life. I was a football freak before this, but now it's totally insane [Big Grin]

After each week, I write a 600 word or so piece about the fortunes of my team, combining biblical verse and hip-hop profanity [Smile]

thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never got into fantasy football. The most I do is a suicide pool, which I happened to lose in week 1 this year. Tell me, how did the Rams lose to the 49ers? That wiped out a quarter of the pool right there! [Roll Eyes]

[ September 21, 2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: thegreatgrundle ]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

I was surprised by that one too...but not as much as most. The Rams are a shell of their former selves. The O-Line is in shambles, the D has some terribly weak spots, Steve Jackson is no Marshall and Issac Bruce ain't gettin' any younger, though he's still a crafty pro. In addition, Mike Martz is one of the absolute worst coaches in the league. He loses more games all by himself than anyone I can think of. I understand he drove his D absolutely nuts with constant changes in that game.
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Santana Moss got me the win this week [Smile]

Though, I've got both brees and farve. Week one I started farve. After walker got hurt, I said "crap, time to start brees." So last week I started brees. If you go look at their week 1 and 2 stats... I did things exactly opposite of how I should.

Dillon needs to get better. I start Dillon and Tiki Barber (who's been on fire), with Duce Staley as my backup (when he starts playing, that'll be interesting...). My three starting wideouts are Santana Moss, Joe Horn, and Lee evans (who had a good week one, poor week two) with Brandon Stockley backing up.

I've got Ben Watson and Marcus Pollard for my tight ends. Basically a toss up which one to start.

I've got the Pats D which needs to firm up, and Longwell as my kicker.

[ September 22, 2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Everard ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

You should e-mail the Chargers and tell them to actually throw the ball to Tomlinson. If I'm not mistaken, they haven't thrown to him once all year. It's no wonder they haven't won.
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for not replying - been overworked on Katrina stuff, Robert's nomination, and economic reform.....ugh....So I apologize RickyB

Ok my lineup this week is:

Culpepper (QB)- hoping third time is the lucky charm
Lavernes Coles (WR) - looking for him start making some big plays
Houshmandzadeh (WR) - If Cinn keeps it up, he'll be solid
Fred Taylor (RB)
TJ Duckett (RB) - bigger guy so look to him to perform in the zone more
Tony Gonzalez(TE) - gotta perform well
Isaac Bruce (W/R) - shaky, but pretty solid
Janikowski (K) - Shankikowski better step up soon
Tampa Bay (D) - Glad I picked up these guys for the bye

I have the Baltimore Defense and the receiver, Mason, on the bench due to their bye week. One can only pray that they get some sense knocked into them. Especially their D - horrible start...

BUT CULPEPPER??? Let's just say I've got Dilfer waiting in the wings in case Mr. I-Can't-Throw-Without-Bosom-Buddy-Moss Culpepper mistakes the other team for his own again

[ September 22, 2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Quaestor ]

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

'sok, dude, if you're working on actual aid of any kind to Katrina victims, you have my blessing to start ten threads and not look them up again [Smile]

TB for the bye? Wouldn't they have been a better start both weeks so far? Maybe you should stick with them for week 4 as well, depneding on the matchup.

I dropped Warner, who is showing no signs of being good enough for anyone to offer any kind of value for him. So I picked up Terry Glenn who, if there is ANY kind of logic, should have lots of fun against SF.

I considered dropping Jason Witten for this Steve Heiden guy in Cleveland, whom Dilfer is apparently very comfy with. But in the end I went with the "gotta give your 5th round pick a little more chance than that".

But the guy's on notice. I watched the Cowboys-Deadskins game, and he just does not seem to be as big a part of the offense as he was the past two years. Drew Bledsoe hasn't made serious use of a TE since the good ole Ben Coates days. I don't think he has the rapport with Witten that Vinnie seemed to have. Had I picked him 3 rounds lower, I wouldn't have cared as much, but I spent a high pick to assure myself of a top 5 TE. Grrrrr.

[ September 22, 2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hah. Ben Coates. There's a name I haven't thought of in a while. Now, he was truly an amazing tight end for a few years there.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skycountry
Member # 2526

- posted      Profile for Skycountry         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got Manning. In pre-season, that was a good thing.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

LOL, don't worry, Sky. It will be again, but anyone with a clue knew that there won't be another 49 TD's. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page