Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » A Fantasy Orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Fantasy Orgasm
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was playing this guy I seriously detest. Grudge Match doesn't even begin to do it justice. So I guess my boys took my emotions to heart. Here's what they did for me:

Kerry Collins: 25 points
Brian Westbrook: 32 points
Shaun Alexander: 38 points
Keenan McCardell: 20 points
She (Terry Glenn): 13 points
Jason Witten: 14 points (Welcome to 2005, yo)
Neil Rackers: 16 points (We give 5 points for fg's over 50 yards)
Jets DST: 16 points

Total: 174 points (all time league record, is all, breaking the previous record by 21)

The other guy got a usually not at all bad 96. The margin of victory is also a league record.

It's just one win, but ye gods, this one was sweet. I humbly thank my players and the Football Gods.

[ September 26, 2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry Collins has had two pretty sick fantasy games in losses the past two weeks. I underestimated what a pickup he would be in fantasy terms, because I would so rarely bet on his real team actually winning.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weeks 1 and 3. Week 2 he gave me 15 or 16 points, which is ok but not spectacular.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice play RickyB! On my end, Culpepper FINALLY came through. Deep breath. Exhale. Come off the ledge. But then I checked my stats this morning - ALL 3 of my recievers only scored 1 point. 1 point. In fact, all 3 were listed as NFL WR Duds of the week by Sports Illustrated:

WR
Isaac Bruce, Rams: 1 catch, 11 yards
Laveranues Coles, Jets: 4 catches, 17 yards
Lee Evans, Bills: 2 catches, 7 yards
Joe Horn, Saints: 1 catch, 11 yards
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals: 2 catches, 13 yards
Eric Moulds, Bills: 3 catches, 18 yards
Donte Stallworth, Saints: 0 catches, 0 yards
Brandon Stokley, Colts: 1 catch, 9 yards

but there is a silver lining to my dark cloud - Housh had 2 touchdowns called back due to penalties - so he's still going to get some love on in my ff team. Coles? Bench time, baby...

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job RickyB!

Q: Don't feel badly, I got clobbered by the Stallworth Donut also. I sat Chambers (MIA) [Mad]

I made a trade this week for Takeo Spikes (LB) who made one tackle and then got injured for the rest of the season. Luckily, the guy I shipped was Aaron Brooks (QB) who scored -4 points for the guy who started him.

So, do I call this a good move or a bad one?

My dynasty team is 3-0 for the Season. My keeper team will be 2-1 if Elam can eke out 3 points.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post 
wow Drake, your system goes as deep as LBs? What about FBs and CBs? That's taken the game to the max!
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digger
Member # 2341

- posted      Profile for Digger   Email Digger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's just one win, but ye gods, this one was sweet."

Well done Ricky. [Smile]

I haven't played FF in years, but with my pessimistic outlook on all things FF related, I probably would have savored that win for 7 nanoseconds, and then my next thought would have been, "My guys used up all their scoring power in that one game! I'm doomed!"

Not that this in any way is likely to happen to you. [Wink]

Drake: Is Elam still considered one of the top kickers in the league? I have a soft spot for him - he went to high school with my brother.

Posts: 1317 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

"Not that this in any way is likely to happen to you."

Are you kidding? That was my first thought... [Smile]

aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody pick up Brooks Bollinger for the Jets this week? I think the third string quarterback is going to have a huge game [Razz]
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Yeah, right [Frown] . The Jets signed Vinny Green Eggs again, but it won't matter. If the guy doesn't yeild negative fantasy pointage, it'll be a minor miracle. The damn Ravens, all rested, are gonna come out with a blood lust.

[ September 27, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quaestor:
wow Drake, your system goes as deep as LBs? What about FBs and CBs? That's taken the game to the max!

We have a 16 man lineup in a 26 man roster x 12 teams - dynasty auction league!! Free agents are acquired from waivers via blind bid, subject to the team salary cap. At the end of the year, every player can be retained for +20% salary hike. This is a new experiment for some of us who have been playing for about 10 years in various leagues together. We spent a month auctioning every player to get started (that's 312 players, for those keeping score).

Our lineup is:

8 offense

QB, 1-3 RB, 1-4 WR, 1-3 TE, K

8 defense

2-4 DT/DE, 2-4 LB, 2-4 CB/S

The only guys we don't have are the offensive linemen, and we'd probably do them also if they had any stats.

This is the league page

My team is the flying pigs. My best financial move was Carson Palmer, #1 in points @13.25 (Compared to #2 McNabb @61.50 and #3 Tomlinson @76.00)

Although, for sheer value the best so far is Trent Dilfer, #11 in points which one team is paying the league minimum of $1.

The salary aspect combined with individual defensive players adds such complexity that it makes my other league seem dull.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

quote:
Originally posted by Digger:
Drake: Is Elam still considered one of the top kickers in the league? I have a soft spot for him - he went to high school with my brother.

Elam is still very good. He kicks in the thin air of Denver, which helps, and he has a rock solid offense to give him opportunities.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page