Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Yankees are out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yankees are out!
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just lost in game 5 to the Angels. I'm looking forward to seeing Championship Series and a World Series without the bulging salaries of New York and Boston...but the ratings will probably drop off.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Angels! I like seeing a payroll that's 1.65x the number 2 payroll in the league go down.
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kosmic_Fool
Member # 2076

- posted      Profile for Kosmic_Fool   Email Kosmic_Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! [Big Grin]
Posts: 177 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wooooooo!
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skycountry
Member # 2526

- posted      Profile for Skycountry         Edit/Delete Post 
Woot!
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skycountry
Member # 2526

- posted      Profile for Skycountry         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost as good as the Yankees choking last year...
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I kind of like having the Yankees in the playoffs. Not that I want them to win, but if it's Angels vs. White Sox, I don't really care. Outside of the Phillies, I'm not a huge baseball fan, but the Yanks are always a draw (the Red Sox aren't now that they've won, IMO) and they keep it interesting. I'm sure you could argue that this year's White Sox are last year's Red Sox, but I'm not buying.

Besides, wouldn't you rather see them make it all the way the World Series and then lose? You can't tell me that the memory of 2001 doesn't still bring a smile to your face [Wink]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my poor yankees
Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no guarantee that they don't win if they get to the big Series. I'm happiest if they don't make the playoffs at all...and this feeling will only intensify as they continue to try to buy the best free agents every winter. If another team suddenly gets rich and tries the same strategy, I'll go ahead and hate them too!
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page