Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Houston fans are ridiculous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Houston fans are ridiculous
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else agree with me that most Houston fans they run into are fanatical and delusional? I was told by five of them that St Loius was going down today, well it's 5 and 0 (St Louis) and I just don't see it happening. I think St Louis has the best pitcher in the game right now, so their pitching is grossly under-rated, but mor eimportant is their batting line-up. Sweet. Don't get me wrong the Astros are good but I am being told a big Texas fantasy about how the Astros have a better line-up and better pitching, which is just a big fat lie. After all everything's bigger in Texas.

Anyone else think this is insanity?

Well, if not ... then we can at least agree that we cannot argue with results, and St Louis is taking Houston down as I speak.

[ October 12, 2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Guilty ]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Loving your team is not ridiculous. I love them, but I don't think we can get past the Cards. On paper they are better than us. But so are a bunch of teams and we are still in it. And hey, I can dream, can't I?

KE

[ October 13, 2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're enthusiastic. And the new slogan for the team is something like "You have got to believe."

Don't confuse Houston with Texas. This town has a somewhat fragile ego for sports. But most people in Houston would agree that the Cards are a better team. In Texas (which is defined as everything outside the loop, sorry KE), not so much.

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm, yea, red feathers. [Razz]
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
touche

You know what would be a lame world series? Whitesox versus the Astros, if that happens ... I think I'll switch to hockey, j/k

[ October 15, 2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Guilty ]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

It would be the series of smallball. Not a bad thing, IMO.
KnightEnder
unregistered

It's going to be small ball no matter who gets there. The Angels aren't exactly the 27 Yanks.

Oh yeah, and the Stros are up 2-1. I think I'm falling in love with Burke.

KE

Zyne
Member # 117

3-1!
Aerto
Member # 2625

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the Astros blow it in the ninth. Now the Cards have to win the next two at home, just like they did last year. Of course, last year they were not facing Oswalt and Clemens and weren't nearly as beat up health-wise as they are now. Astros still win the series.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been a big believer in sports momentum, but if anything is going to turn a series around, that ninth inning would be it.
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Houston fans. I cannot root for Roger @#$% Clemens. Go Albert!
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

That game yesterday sucked. We usually lose in the 2nd inning, not the 9th. [Big Grin]
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That one's going to be difficult to recover from. Not that you need any additional reason to lose three straight to St. Louis...they're very good. But to lose a game that way has to be deflating to a team. Hopefully they all have short memories.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Stros win! Stros win! The Astros are in! World Series, baby! Oswalt was lights out, and Biggio is everything that is good about baseball. If anybody deserves to go, he does.

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Momentum is today's starting pitcher, and Oswalt was starting for us!

KE

thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really bad at predicting stuff, so I will compound my errors by making yet another prediction: White Sox in 6. In other words, congratulations Houston. I picked against you, therefore you'll win.
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guilty
Member # 2627

Ah but I too am bad at predictions apparently (having missed every single one so far) and I predicted in favor of Houstan ... so this could be interesting ...

American messups
I said Yankees over Angels -> Nope
I said Red Sox over White Sox -> Nope
I said Angels over White Sox -> Nope

National messup
I said Cardinals over Astros-> Nope

World Series messup
Cardinals over Angels -> obviously not

I am now saying Astros over White Sox ... so we'll see. But I really do want the National League to win this one!

[ October 20, 2005, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Guilty ]

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, congrats Houston. Y'all is nice people with a very nice team. Here's the deal: Y'all win the championship (infinitely better than Jerry Reinsdorf doing so), but Clemens gets absolutely hammered on both his starts, I mean humiliated, to the point where he loses his cool and earns the derision of millions. Y'all may then win the other 4 games.

Fair enough? [Big Grin]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

PROPS! To Tony Larussa! He came out and said that Biggion and Bagwell are everything that is good about baseball and he is "reluctantly, happy for them". Amen. That's a standup guy, who's been there, done that, and gives credit where credit is due! I didn't much like him before, but you gotta give the guy his props for being a stand up guy and telling it like it is! I'm not even going to make fun of his hair or glasses anymore. Scouts honor.

KE

(Hell no I wasn't a Scout. Do I seem like the kinda guy that would be a scout?)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page