Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Angels lose to bull**** call

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Angels lose to bull**** call
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else see that?!?

Bottom of the 9th tied 1 to 1, third strike the catcher catches the ball, game over, proven by slow-mo cameras, umpire makes a bad call, calls it as a dirt ball and the runner is safe, Angels lose game two 2 to 1. This controversy will go on!

Bull****.

[ October 12, 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Guilty ]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Man that was a bad call.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I think most people seem to agree that a veteran catcher makes the tag out of habit. It's a shame the game turned on that call, but that's why other catchers do that automatically. I would have been happier if the ump had made the call more clear, but I don't think it was THAT big a deal.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page