Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Fantasy Football is Hell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fantasy Football is Hell
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arrrgh! After starting 3-0, including an all time league record for points in a single game, I have lost 3 in a row (one was my own fault, but still).

Well, I can still win today, but I'll need like 5 tds and 120 yards from Shaun Alexander. I'm not holding my breath.

Damn you, Kerry Collins! And you, all my recievers!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unbefockinlievable. I needed 41 points from Shaun to tie. He gave me 38. This is sooooooooooo frustrating!
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skycountry
Member # 2526

- posted      Profile for Skycountry         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.......my team sucks. I had the first pick and took Peyton Manning.....turns out my backup, Mark Brunell is outperforming him. I lost yesterday by .02 points.....
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Ouch! What kinda system do you guys use, that you calculate fractions?

My story gets worse. Turns out my TE, Jason Witten, had a TD nullified because of someone else's penalty. That would have won me the game...

The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won 169-167 in my league this week, which elevates me to 5-1.

Fantasy football is *heaven* [Big Grin]

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

You just wait! <grumble, grumble>
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that the guy I traded Fred Taylor to is going to kill me. I got Anquan Boldin in return. [Smile]
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Oooh, wicked trade. I had Fred the year I went to the superbowl (two seasons ago), but then I had him again last year, when I posted a losing record. Fred's a great RB, but he doesn't get goal line carries and he has papier-mache knees. Anquan, on the other hand, I think the world of.

[ October 19, 2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

The Drake
Member # 2128

Fragile Freddy will never last a whole season, it's like an axiom. I picked him up in the draft to get me some good early-season wins, with every intention of trading him. I sent him away JUST in time. Honestly, I asked for Anquan, but would have been willing to take the #2 WR from the same guy.

But he was so desperate for a RB, he grabbed at it. I almost feel bad for him. [Wink]

The Drake
Member # 2128

Fantasy alert!

Miami is playing tonight! I almost missed it...

RickyB
Member # 1464

You got Randy?
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope nobody had Tomlinson today, lol! Game of the year!
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

My opponent in one league had Tomlinson today. [Big Grin]
RickyB
Member # 1464

Another lousy game by my guys. My top performer was Kerry Collins. I can still win, theoretically. I need the Jets D to give me 30 points (29 to tie, in which case I'll probably lose the tiebreaker). They'll probably give me 26 or something, and have another DTD overturned.

And to think I refrained from getting a team in a second league cause I wanted to concentrate on the one... Aghhhhhhh.

The Drake
Member # 2128

My hubris has destroyed me. I just lost to the weakest team in my league, dropping me to 5-2. [Mad]
graywolfe
Member # 739

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a nightmare year of nightmare years.

In one league, I drafted Manning 10th overall (and took a long time to justify that to myself, would never take him 1st), then wheeled and dealed my way into Brian Westbrook and Clinton Portis. Four weeks ago I traded virtually everyone away for potential keepers for next year.

In my other non-keeper league I drafted Kevin Jones and Tiki Barber, to go with Nate Burleson and DJack. Whoops.

My last team I lucked into the first pick, drafted LT2, then Lamont Jordan, then tried to trade down but couldn't find any takers, and took Javon Walker. Whoops. Traded up to get the last of the top 15 WR's available, Roy Williams. Whoops. Drafted Fraud Taylor in the fifth, whoops.

All three of these teams missed the playoffs, the latter two in single digit four point losses in the last weeks. I have more points than several of the teams that made the playoffs with both teams, so if you're wondering if I'm having a nervous breakdown, I am.

The most depressing thing is the only team that played up to its talent was my hatrack team, but who cares, there is no $$$ we're keeping for, and my hatrack teams have choked in the playoffs three years running, and my team just had it's second loss of the season this sunday so it appears "The Choking Paradigm," as I named them in a bit of foreshadowing, will live up to their name.

What a horrible year, going into this year, I'd run 27 teams from '98-'04, and missed the playoffs with only 3 of the teams. This year, I will miss the playoffs with four of my five private teams, and one of the two teams I run with my brother.

Posts: 91 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

Sorry to hear about your troubles, graywolfe. I'm in the playoffs with both of my teams this year.

I had Fragile Fred Taylor, and shipped him after a few weeks before he went down - getting Anquan Boldin in return.

Also, I shipped Aaron Brooks after the third week.

This has been my best year of getting rid of guys just in time.

I'm particularly pleased with my other team, which has locked up the division despite having to draft last due to winning the league championship last year.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page