Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Guilty is ridiculous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guilty is ridiculous
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ok, I admit it I underestimated the Astros. As much as I like the Cards and wanted them to win, and enjoyed Monday's game, I have to admit that the Astros have a very good team with very good pitching, and they're going to win the world series.

Prediction right here!

Astros over the White Sox in 6!

Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But we love you, anyway.

Especially when you predict for the Good Guys.

I think White Sox in 5.

But, GO ASTROS!

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guilty
Member # 2627

- posted      Profile for Guilty   Email Guilty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(lol) thank you,

but no, my very last remaining predicition I made before the playoffs started was that the National League would take this one, so even though they beat my Cards I still want a National League win, so go Astros! Wow I never thought I'd say that ...

Posts: 50 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I pull for the National league when the Stros aren't in it. Which means every year I've been alive BUT NOT THIS ONE!

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone let me know when the "Boys of Summer" who now find it necessary to start playing baseball in January and insist on playing until Halloween finally end their season.
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, hello Georgia. In your neck, they've ended it a while ago now. No need to stop to advocate for NASCAR and friends. Your loop-de-loop is as sound as baseball's.
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're still playing baseball? [Smile]
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
zyne

i loath nascar even more than baseball

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, that was kinda similar to what I had in mind. Now, for his second start of the series, I need mr. pocket-rocket to give up like ten runs in the first, then cuss out his catcher, argue a ball with the ump, get tossed and shove the guy to the ground.

And I'm sticking to reasonable scenarios here. [Razz]

If that happens, Houston may win all other games. However, if clemens starts game 4 with ths Sox up 3-0, Reinsdorf and the strange Mr. Guillen can have the damn thing. Guy's gotta have his priorities.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dramatic late inning come back by the Astros ruined by a home run against Lidge? Where have I seen this before?
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I still think we are going to take it in 7.

KE

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fine. Then you must win games 3, 5, 6 and 7. Game 4 is going to the Sox, painfully. [Big Grin]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Red,

Pray tell why you loath America's Pastime?

KE

Guilty
Member # 2627

I think I am going to forever quit on being a successful sports predictor.
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the team, just not the games. This thing is ending in Houston.
Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

I take it no one needs an explanation why I care so much about Clemens suffering? [Big Grin]
RickyB
Member # 1464

Hey, I wuz robbed! Who the hell is Brandon Blacke? (goes to show how sporadically I follow Baseball....)
KnightEnder
unregistered

Little late, but Brandon Blacke was an outfielder in the minors with a canon for an arm and a decent but not major league stick. He also has a hear of gold as big as Texas and gives it everything he's got everytime he steps on the mound.

Kind of like a pitching version of Craid Biggio, the best thing about baseball.

KE

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page