Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Pickup of the week! (uh-huh) Pickup of the week! (lemme hear ya now)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pickup of the week! (uh-huh) Pickup of the week! (lemme hear ya now)
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ladies and Joims, your humble narrator did, on this very week 8, pick up both Marion Barber and the NYG Defense, who together gave him 54 very sweet points on the way to a nasty-4 game-losing-streak-breaking 123-55 victory.

And the people said: YEA!
And there was much rejoicing.

[ October 31, 2005, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! I'm currently up by 2 points, holding my breath in the 4th q of MNF. If Heath Miller catches a couple more passes, I'm done...
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a strike against my league that Heath Miller was still there 2 weeks ago for me to pick up. Now I shouldn't experience any dropoff while Witten rests - even a pickup, if Heath continues the way he's been.

Regular fantasy season is 5 more weeks. I need to win 3 to have any chance of making the post-season, 4 to be pretty much assured of a wild card berth and all 5 to have a realistic chance at the division title.

So, did you win?

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I survived! [Big Grin]

Now 6-2. 2.5 game lead in the division.

Miller's stats were crazy. 3 catches, 2 TD.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

If we both make our respective superbowls we can post our lineups and see who would have won a matchup [Smile]

Come to think of it, we can do it every week. We could have duplicates, tho.

What we should do is start an ornery league next year. The trash talk will be most bountiful [Big Grin]

The Drake
Member # 2128

In my other league I'm in a dead heat for the division, but still 6-2.

I'll post the lineup from my less exotic league for this week:

QB McNabb
RB Barlow
RB Barber
WR Porter
WR Taylor (MIN)
TE Crumpler
TE Miller
PK Tynes
DF Detroit

RickyB
Member # 1464

QB Collins
RB Shaun Alexander
RB Westbrook (give him the damn rock to run, you stupid fat fock)
WR McCardell
WR Laveraneus Coles
TE Heath Miller (We can do Crumpler Vs Miller, or simply disregard the TE position. Speaking of which, how the hell did you get both of those TE's???)
PK Neil Rackers
DST NYG

(My bench at the moment is hilarious - all Dallas: Marion Barber, She, and Jason Witten).

The Drake
Member # 2128

heh. Yes it was a good pickup.

Two reasons - Crumpler was a "keeper" so I didn't have to draft him.

The league has an insane rule that you can only pick up one player per week, so I didn't have much competition to get him from free agency.

Crumpler v Miller is fine, that'll keep things balanced. Do you have a scoring system in mind? I don't really care what it is, since this is for fun.

RickyB
Member # 1464

Then we'll use my league's system, if you don't mind:

25 yd passing: 1 point
10 yd receiving/rushing: 1 point
TD of any kind *: 6 points
lost fumble: -2 points
INT: -2 points

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points
DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points
Int - Interceptions 2 points
, Total Points Against 0 - 6 PA = 8 points
7 - 13 PA = 6 points
14 - 20 PA = 4 points
21 - 27 PA = 2 points
28 - 34 PA = 0 points
35 - 41 PA = -2 points
42 - 48 PA = -4 points
49 - 55 PA = -6 points

SACK - Sack 1 point
STY - Safety 2 points
YDS - Yards Allowed 0 - 49 YDSs = 12 points
50 - 99 YDSs = 10 points
100 - 149 YDSs = 8 points
150 - 199 YDSs = 6 points
200 - 249 YDSs = 4 points
250 - 299 YDSs = 2 points
300 - 349 YDSs = 0 points
350 - 399 YDSs = -2 points

* you get 6 points as well for TD's a WR you started, scores on special teams.
-----------------
Keeper league explains it. We don't do keeper n football (yet, anyway). We're in year 1 of a hoops keeper league. (year 2, actually. First time the keepers have carried over).

RickyB
Member # 1464

QB McNabb - 17
RB Barlow - 4
RB Barber - 10
WR Porter - 12
WR Taylor (MIN) - 2
TE Crumpler - 6
PK Tynes - 9
DF Detroit 9
-------------------
TOTAL - 69

QB Collins - 17
RB Shaun Alexander - 29
RB Westbrook - 7
WR McCardell - 2
WR Laveraneus Coles - 11
TE Heath Miller - 1
PK Neil Rackers - 13 (we give 5 points for 50+ yd fg's, but I didn't mention it)
DST NYG - 21
----------------------------
TOTAL - 101

Note: In r/l, I dropped Laveranues and started Greg Lewis, so in my league I scored 97 points.

I escaped a very depressing defeat in the last seconds of the Wash-Phi game. I entered that game 8 points up. I had Westbrook and Lewis, he had Reggie Brown. He came within 1 point at, um, one point. Had the tying TD pass to Brown been caught, I would have lost very annoyingly. Had I left Coles in place, I needn't have worried.

I'm 5-4 and need 3 of the next 4 to be pretty much assured of a playoff berth. I'm also 1 game out of first, but there's 2 teams there. It'll be tough for me to pass both. I hold the tiebreaker over one.

So, I lead 1-0 in the Ornery barnstorming league. Let's do it again next week [Smile]

The Drake
Member # 2128

Nice job, Ricky.

Good week for Alexander! I lost my real matchup in that league also. Luckily, everyone else in my division also lost, so I stay 2.5 games ahead with a 6-3 record.

RickyB
Member # 1464

Alexander always destroys against the red birds. Last game against them, a few weeks ago, he had 4 TD's.

The rest of your division sounds weak. Do y'all have bye weeks?

The Drake
Member # 2128

I do have a weak division. Playoffs are

4(2):4:2:1

So, there are 13 regular season games. If I can win in wk 15 & 16, I'll lock in super bowl loser money at least. Even with a relatively weak team I could get some help here and there.

Four games left, so two wins or two opponent losses clinch. The problem is getting the bye week in the playoffs. I have 6 wins, but the other current division leaders have 7 & 8. So I still have to get back up there.

Or they have to have an unfortunate accident [Smile]

The Drake
Member # 2128

Fantasy Face-off

This is my lineup this week, Ricky

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB
Barber, Tiki NYG RB
Barlow, Kevan SFO RB
Moulds, Eric BUF WR
Porter, Jerry OAK WR
Crumpler, Alge ATL TE
Tynes, Lawrence KCC PK
Lions, Detroit DET Def

RickyB
Member # 1464

Kerry Collins
Brian Westbrook
Shaun Alexander
Terry Glenn
Greg Lewis
Jason Witten
Neil Rackers
Giants D

I have four players left and have 77 points so far.

RickyB
Member # 1464

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB
Barber, Tiki NYG RB - 28 pts
Barlow, Kevan SFO RB - 6pts
Moulds, Eric BUF WR - 2 pts
Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 2 pts
Crumpler, Alge ATL TE - 4 pts
Tynes, Lawrence KCC PK - 3 pts (unless you dock for misses, like we do, and then it's 1 pt)
Lions, Detroit DET Def - 4 pts

Total: 48 points

The Drake
Member # 2128

Looks like you got me again [Smile]

I have to get 13 pts from Trotter, LB PHI, in my other league - which almost requires a sack, interception, or fumble recovery.

So GO PHILLY

RickyB
Member # 1464

My team's streaky. I actually already won my game this week, with only half the team playing so far. I don't think that ever happened in our league [Smile]
The Drake
Member # 2128

Well, I lost by THREE points, but won with McNabb in the other league.

That means I'm 3 games up in one league with 4 to go - nearly a lock.

Meanwhile, I'm a game behind in the other but still looking good for a wildcard.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page