Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » You people disappoint me...not one person

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You people disappoint me...not one person
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here felt the need to gush about the most unbefockinglievable playoff game of the last 15 years at least?

What a game! I've never seen a playoff game with so many subplots, background plots, twists an turns. Dungy's son, Harper getting stabbed by his wife, three 4th down plays in one quarter, the interception overturned, Manning sacked on 4th down, the fumble, the return (by Harper!) the desperate tackle by Rothlisberger... and of course, the shank. Unprecedented.

Dungy...Dungy is a poor bastard. He should have stayed with his family, I think. His game management was appalling, and he lost the team when Manning over-ruled him on that 4th and 2.

Manning - it was very small of him to blame his linemen. They sucked bad, but you still don't do it, especially when you yourself played one of least impressive games in at least a year.

Edge sucked. He ran very well when they ran him, but WTF happened to his blitz pickup? Same goes for Clark. Neither of them blocked worth a good goddamn, and they should be ashamed.

Harrison sucked. Manning has the "loser" monkey on his back, and rightly so, but when was the last time Harrison came up big in a pinch?

Big Ben is a god. Polamalu is the most dominant safety since Ronnie Lott. Heath Miller is gonna be an offensive force for years if he stays healthy.

Amazing game. Chicago-Carolina was "just" an awesome game. In any other year, it would have been the quality game of the round.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, I loved watching this game.

But...I was disappointed at how many of the exciting parts were due either to bad play or bad officiating. There wasn't a play where I thought, "Wow, that was a great play." It was always, "Wow, that was terrible," or "What a horrible call." I think it might have been one of the more exciting playoff games, especially this early in the playoffs, but it definitely wasn't one of the best played.

A few sidenotes:
1. I am officially eternally rooting against Manning after his post-game comments. I think I'll go ahead and plan on rooting against Eli too, just for consistency (and I'm an Eagles fan anyway).
2. Can we get a magic red button for when the refs are about to blow a whole game? I'd also like to add pass interference to the list of things that can be challenged. I was very upset with several calls, including the obvious interception call. Wow.
3. Can we start betting on whether Denver or Seattle has the worst weather for next week? Can we get 20 inches of accumulation between the two of them?

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. There were some awesome passes on both sides. Reggie Wayne's 2 point conversion was a clinic on how to get your foot down - they'll be using that footage for years. The defense on Manning's pass to Wayne in the end zone on the last drive was immaculate.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
An Eagles fan being upset for someone being insensetive? Or saying something stupid?

The C C game was really good.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, too true KE. But to be fair, TO was a mercenary. Manning is a real Colt. I'll be just as hard on McNabb if he blames his teammates for a defeat. I guarantee McNabb answers that question with a vague, but team-friendly answer like "We just didn't get it done." Like he did for four years when they lost in the big one. Always a good teammate about it. In fact, I'm not sure there's another quarterback in the league with the, um, guts to say something like Manning did.

Good point on that catch Ricky. It was a thing of beauty, and I'm sorry I overlooked it. If more WRs pull off toe-drags like that, replay officials will be out of business. That edges out Polamalu's interception as the catch of the game.

[ January 17, 2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: aupton15 ]

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

"If more WRs pull off toe-drags like that, replay officials will be out of business."

Ain't that the truth? [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page