Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » What did Rouse and Lewis have to do...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did Rouse and Lewis have to do...
philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to get kicked off the team at FSU?

This is from the coach who prays for misdemeanors when his boys get charged with felonies, and surprisingly often gets his prayers answered. So many FSU players get in trouble that cracksmoker.com actually had to add an index so you could find the player you were looking for easier. Bowden doesn't even do this for players convicted of assualt, what could they have possibly done to get kicked off the team?

ESPN

quote:
Florida State wide receiver Fred Rouse and offensive lineman Cornelius Lewis were kicked off the team Friday by coach Bobby Bowden.

"Both players are dismissed for conduct detrimental to the welfare of the football team," Bowden said in a brief statement that offered no additional explanation.

Both players had been disciplined by Bowden during the season. He suspended Rouse for one game after the freshman argued with coaches during the Seminoles' 26-21 loss to Virginia.

"I didn't like it a bit," Bowden said then. "It's one of those things that better not happen again."

Rouse was one of the most sought after recruits in the country last year.

Bowden also suspended Lewis, a redshirt freshman, for a game during the season for a violation of team rules.

Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the joys of pristine, amature sportsmanship...
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My preferred list of punishments...

Charges pending -- suspended until resolved.
Misdemeanor conviction -- 1 game suspension per
Felony conviction -- 1 year suspension per
Loss of eligibility: two+ instances of felonies or 3+ instances of midemeanors (no contest pleas == convictions here).

Going back to the original topic, I really don't know what you'd have to do to get kicked out from Free Shoe U

Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page