Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Superbowl Predictions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superbowl Predictions
TCB
Member # 1677

- posted      Profile for TCB         Edit/Delete Post 
Predictions for America's most hyped game:

1. The Steelers will go into halftime with a substantial lead by virtue of an aggressive defense and careful offense. The Seahawks defense will have more problems than expected against the run. Steelers, 27; Seahawks, 20.

2. Advertisers will once again over-estimate the persuasiveness of funny commercials. Not that I mind.

Posts: 824 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vulture
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. The commentators will spend more time talking about annoying inanities - how great it is for Jerome Bettis; will Favre retire; TO has done something predictably brainless; we'll show you that 50 yard TD run we just missed as soon as I finish my monologue - than they spend doing useful analysis of the game and the strategies.

2. The half-time show won't feature a 'wardrobe malfunction'.

3. Sideline reporters will continue to add nothing of value to the commentary.

4. 'Star' names will get disproportionate credit. Linemen will continue to do the hard work and make most of the important plays, while RBs and LBs get the praise.

5. The commentary will be infinitely more accurate and informative on the radio.

6. I might have stopped ranting about the low quality of the commentary by Sunday night.

Posts: 1768 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steelers 27, Seahawks 24.

I'll want to physically harm all announcers at some point during the game (why, oh why, do so many of them have to be idiots?)

Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Bill Simmons gambling manifesto. If you are having trouble picking a game, take the popular opinion and go the other way. Seahawks by 10.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Simmons is a writer on ESPN.com, not me. I wasn't trying to take credit for his work, but cited my work poorly. My professors would fail me for this, but I hope you are more understanding.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steelers by 7, because of Bill's Jaw.

Under 31.

One of the Rolling Stones will have a Cardiac problem and have to be airlifted out of the stadium.

Mick Jagger's mooseknuckle will figure prominently in the news for up to 10 days following the event, prompting an all-robot halftime show next year.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Compton
Member # 2660

- posted      Profile for Matthew Compton   Email Matthew Compton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seattle will win by 7.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page