Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum   
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Archives » Why weren't Montana and Bradshaw honored?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why weren't Montana and Bradshaw honored?
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's up with that? They honored all the MVP's, and the only ones absent were Joe Cool, Terry Bradshaw and the MVP from Superbowl 7. what gives???

Thanks, all ye who would enlighten me.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a boring game

for every 10 seconds of action you get 2 minutes of waiting

how can you watch this?
two hours ago i saw a game from the argentinian soccer league. That was a game

wow, finally there is a touchdown, somthing happned, oh wait there is no touchdown there was a foul...

[ February 05, 2006, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Hannibal ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a pretty bad game. It's been several years since both teams played so poorly in the Superbowl.

But hey, far be it from me to force anything on you. If you don't like it, don't watch.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vulture
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for Bradshaw and Montana: Bradshaw wanted to stay at home with his family. Montana didn't turn up because he wanted a $100,000 appearance fee which the NFL declined to pay.

Two other MVPs were absent incidentally: Jake Scott (travelling in Australia) and Harvey Martin (died in 2001).

All useful information garnered from Newsday.com

Very short article - basically says almost nothing more than I say here.

Posts: 1768 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Thanks, vulture. Montana is a dick. He was a god, but only within a greater pantheon. As for Terry - he already made peace with the Steelers. so for him not to be on hand when they play the big one is very odd. Oh well.
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda having less respect for Bradshaw the player after seeing replays of Lynn Swann's Super Bowl performances. Anyone could throw to that.

But he didn't do that every play, so probably don't discount Bradshaw too much.

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bradshaw gave his reasoning on Leno the other night -- doesn't like Super Bowls (only goes if he has to, in other words, when Fox is broadcasting) and wanted to spend time with family. Apparently called Rooney ahead of time and told him he wasn't going.

I thought I saw family stuff for Montana as well....here's a blog link on Joe.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Y'know, Irish, I'm shocked - shocked! - to see you finding a defense for a ND alum [Big Grin]

(just messin' with ya)

IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowden
Member # 407

- posted      Profile for Snowden   Email Snowden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In his four Super Bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes, for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns with an impressive zero interceptions, earning him a quarterback rating of 127.8.
Yeah, I'm impressed.
Posts: 971 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page