Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Ornery Writers Workshop » "Brief" by HalfHaggis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Brief" by HalfHaggis
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread for the discussion and critique of HalfHaggis' "Brief". Deadline May 31.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

posted May 18, 2005 07:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Half-Haggis's 'Footprint' article: two-bedroom--flat-sized is an adjectival phrase that needs 'courtesy' hyphens. Otherwise, very good news knack. Rees and Wackernack or what their names were ought to be identified (and hectares to acres for American press release of course).

KnightEnder
unregistered

hywer
Member # 2046

posted May 18, 2005 10:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on Half-Haggis's article: Concise enough for a paper, I think, and well done. I would consider changing the story to second or third person, see how it sounds, and then decide between the choices--it makes it personal in the first person, but more comfortable in the third. Like I said, consider it but it's no rule or anything. I'd like to see it in my local paper, but that's waaay to much to ask.

halfhaggis
Member # 809

- posted      Profile for halfhaggis   Email halfhaggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments so far...

Richard: What do you mean by identifying Rees and Wackernagel? A description? Some sort of biography? What field they work in?

hywer: I'll consider your idea of changing tense, but I'm trying to get across that the problems I describe affect everyone on a person level. First person (I believe) does that better.

Mostly I'm looking for inspiration for a catchy title. Any ideas?

Posts: 101 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hywer
Member # 2046

- posted      Profile for hywer   Email hywer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrm... get back to you on that after I get back from Episode III

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

P.S.: Did you know there's a max number of graemlins you can put in a post? Interesting...

Posts: 205 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page