Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Ornery Writers Workshop » Y'obituary Exercise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Y'obituary Exercise
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can't get published, you can always write obits for the local paper [Wink] .

Johnson, Marilyn, in The Dead Beat (2006) attended the Great Obituary Writers' International Conference in Las Vegas in 2004. She garnered a couple of cuties.

Tiny Tim, the American pop singer who has died aged sixty-two, specialized in horrendous falsetto vocalizations of sentimental songs, and cultivated an appearance of utter ghastliness to match.

Selma Koch, a Manhattan store owner who earned a national reputation by helping women find the right bra size, mostly through a discerning glance and never with a tape measure, died Thursday .... She was 95 and a 34B.

The 3rd Lord Moynihan, who has died in Manila, ae 55, provided, through his character and career, ample ammunition for critics of the hereditary principle.

As good exercise, kill somebody off and write a zinging paragraph on the late So-and-So ...:

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Dey, the eccentric, often outrageous, forum pundit died early this morning, April 1st. Mr.Dey succumbed to injuries sustained, allegedly, when he was beaten severely by a squad of humorless Green Berets in response to one of his acerbic posts. Mr. Dey was known for his flowery grandiose language, pointless diatribes, and endless championing of gay rights. He was also a well respected revisionist historian who credited homosexuals with every human advancement since, and including, the invention of the wheel. He leaves behind innumerable ornery friends, most of them Americans. He will be missed.

In lieu of flowers Mr. Dey's family asks that monetary contributions be sent to Knight Ender at The Ornery American Forum.

[ April 01, 2006, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely I'm not the only one who has died around here [Big Grin] . Sniff-sniff. Are there no other takers ...?
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livermeer kenmaile
Member # 2855

- posted      Profile for livermeer kenmaile   Email livermeer kenmaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Twain: Rumors of my death have been gratly exaggerated.

Kenmeer Livermaile: Rumors of my death have been grossly under-circulated.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to kill anyone off...except for the ones I DO want to kill off, and I don't trust myself to write about those ones. [Smile]
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livermeer kenmaile
Member # 2855

- posted      Profile for livermeer kenmaile   Email livermeer kenmaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ultimate damning obituary is a premature obituary that so convincingly damns the not yet dead that they commit suicide.
Posts: 1449 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many a man has wanted to commit suicide over a little death come prematurely.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

la petite mort type of prematuritiy, I presume [Wink] .
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Actually, KE, I think I did suggest that homosexual invented the wheel -- or so the Chinese have always claimed.

According to the scholar Ji Yun of the Qing Dynasty, Huang Di, the Yellow Emperor 2697-2597, inventor of acupuncture, the wheel, contracts (the foundation of law), and the magnet amongst other things, also standardized the tradition of taking male lovers. He is also, of course, a major figure in Daoism.

Of some interest to my way of thinking, this is hardly a century after the reign of Gilgamesh at Uruk.

http://www.mystae.com/streams/ufos/emperor.html
¶ Crompton, L.: H & Civilization; Harvard U Press (2003), p 214.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, for real fun in the form of attracting ridicule, let's wed the idea of homophilic history with the idea that aliens visited earth 4-6,000 years ago and passed the torch of technology to us.

Gilgamesh the gay alien god sort of thing.

It would make a great mini-eries, eh?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Yeah, but do you think the public will really go for gay aliens? like they aren't alien enough???
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll call 'em the G-rays.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cromemco
Member # 6122

- posted      Profile for Cromemco         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZARAHEMLA, 1830-1839. Killed by John Lloyd Stephens, Sylvanus Morely, Frederick Catherwood, Jacques Soustelle, John Hemming and W.H. Prescott, luminaries of early Mesoamerican archaeology, whose exhaustively catalogued reality everted every "prophetic" outline. Ignored to this day by the majority of starch-shirted boys and girls in their quest for new anointed saints.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Dey

Very late 1930's? - Possibly 2008 or?

"More...Weight"

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, the above was a reference to the last words of Giles Corey, as he was crushed to death in Salem.

I miss Richard. Me, I think that ought to be on his tombstone.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page