Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Ornery Writers Workshop » Could I say something?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I say something?
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize that everybody thinks I just stormed out in annoyance. Well, yes and no. What happened was that I had a stroke which left me blind and unable to communicate. It's taken me some time to accustom myself to my new circumstances, and to adopt and adapt to alternatives. I was in the middle of a paper by Oz which I have been trying to make sense of for some time ... and would like to pick up where he left off. Does he need a copy? Sky.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my knew email is Dey400@gmail.com
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thereby hangs a tale that we should not ask to be privy to, but welcome back! The rumors of your demise were way exaggerated to all our great relief. In honor of your return, you're not "Wrong!" for a day. Enjoy it!
Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, sorry to hear about the health problems, glad they aren't keeping you out of circulation [Smile]
Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I didn't expect this. [Smile] Welcome back.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dey!

You have no idea how much I missed you.

Please drop me a note before I get exiled.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. It's taken me a day to soak this in.

I didn't think you'd stormed out in annoyance, except perhaps as dying could be a form of storming out of life cuz one is sick of that old age decrepitude stuff.

Words struggle to express my delight at your reappearance. For now I'll just say 'huzzah!' and let that ring a bit.

le Dey!!!!

I want to hear all about your cyber-sight biofeedback rig or whatever it is by which you communicate through blindness.

le Dey!!!

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took me a minute to remember who 'Oz' is.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimskater
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for jimskater   Email jimskater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back--to both Richard & Ken.

<---returning to lurking.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - both Richard and Ken. I didn't realize you were still lurking, Ken.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Richard, and I hope you continue recovering and adapting as best you can.

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that he has been lurking. You can thank me for the return of the wizard of oa [Smile]
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page