Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » Ornery U » Untidy Life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Untidy Life
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As requested!

I couldn't resist the thread title - I bumped into someone yesterday who was telling me how much she was loving studying inorganic chemistry right now, because everything is so tidy, and how the challenge of biology-related things is that they just aren't.

I'm not sure what to put in here - Funean wanted sustainable agriculture, Mynnion general biology. I feel like they are the same thing, or ought to be, and plus two threads seemed excessive.

For starters, I will be looking into pig nutrition and omega-3/omega-6 balance in pork, and will stick that in here when I have something to say about it.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff, Ops. I have an Organic Chemistry textbook which I borrowed from a friend and have been meaning to take a look at. Maybe I could shoot you a few questions once I start reading a bit?
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are the same thing, too, Ops. I'm especially interested in the resurgence (teensy, but hey) of interest in complete systems, like what is done with the ancillary products of various process (the classic example is poo, of course; or "why we have to have both animals and crops on a farm").

This may be more than a little perverse, but I'm faintly thrilled that the loss of cheap oil might result in a cultural return to the waste-reducing practices with which I was brought up, including but hardly limited to washing and reusing Ziploc baggies, even when one makes more than $6 an hour. [Smile]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page