Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » 37,460 To Zero (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 37,460 To Zero
J.B
Member # 3572

- posted      Profile for J.B         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the United States in 2006, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.

What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by black men.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=28129

Posts: 389 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
baked statistic.

from the article--

Editor's note: Lawrence Auster has posted a correction to this article on the legal lynching of the Duke students, the presumption that white males are rapists and racists and the failure to hold blacks and whites to a single standard. The statistics in his article were incorrect, but the points the article makes about liberal hypocrisy and liberal racism were not. The Huffington Post leftists are in full throat denouncing Auster's racism but are silent about the racism of the Huffington Post and every liberal media vehicle that I am aware of in going along with the Duke atrocity and failing to condemn racists like Sharpton and Jackson because they are black.

SAVING THE REST OF YOU THE TROUBLE.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guinevererobin
Member # 4024

- posted      Profile for guinevererobin   Email guinevererobin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how that bit about the statistics is up at the very top of the article, but JB still posted the statistics as fact. Ahh, literacy.
Posts: 463 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J.B., (and I ask this in all seriousness), are you a member of the Ku Klux Klan? Or any other racist groups? Just curious, I guess, but I would be fascinated to hear about such groups from a member, and you are the only likely member I've ever "met".

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam

Edited out a really rude blunt remark to JB that seconded your question. But I am in agreement with you as to if JB is such a member of such a group. And unfortunately for me, I can say I have met way too many members of such a group. I have had the same question in my mind over JB for some time now because he is very alike in terms of those I have met who are members of the KKK.

A lot of thm are simply uneducated and misguided. But the heavyweights sound a lot like JB does.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is JB still allowed to post? He is killing the forum.

"White Power!"

KE

[ May 16, 2007, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally, I adore a troll. But I agree with KE. J.B. is becoming dreadfully repetitious. I'm not saying we should ****can him from Ornery. Mayhaps we can send him a copy of Mein Kampf? Something to inspire him...
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he actually believes that white men simply don't rape black women, at all, period as he claimed, if he could actually believe that to be true, then... well. How does a human being actually become so foolish?

What methods does he use? I want to know, because if we can learn how human beings make fools and idiots out of themselves, perhaps we can learn how to undo or at least prevent such madness.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gruevy
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for gruevy   Email gruevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Banning him is exactly the wrong response. This site purports to be a free exchange of ideas, and as much as I begin to tire of his pointless race baiting (Come out and say what you're getting at, J.B.) I have to say that as odious as it is, racial supremacy is a viewpoint that someone is allowed to hold and argue, and pushing it under the table doesn't help anything. If you want him to go away, stop responding to the things he says that you think don't merit attention.

I may have a slightly tempered view of this sort of thing anyway because people do tend to ignore trends along racial lines, especially as relates to criminality. I think there's a place and time to really discuss some of the things that he has brought up, just definitely not all of them.

He should be allowed to express his views in the public discourse just like an islamicist or a communist should be, and the good points made should be addressed, and everything else condemned or ignored.

Posts: 256 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one am waiting with bated breath for his good points.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J.B. may beat a dead horse, but he does seem to hold an opinion that he essays to back up with evidence. Whether or not such evidence is valid is open to discussion, but I don't think he should be condemned simply because he holds an opinion that is highly unpopular and politically incorrect.

As far as I know, he has yet to advocate unethical actions, and though the implications of his arguments may be insulting to many, I don't believe he has crossed lines by using inflammatory insults.

I disagree with him vehemently, but I'm a fierce advocate of free speech. I think he has a right to his opinion, and a right to present arguments supporting his opinion, as long as he adheres to the rules and decorum of the forum.

Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnson
Member # 2385

- posted      Profile for johnson   Email johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"bated breath"

Finally, someone uses and spells this correctly. Finally.

[ May 17, 2007, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: johnson ]

Posts: 626 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pickled shuttlecock
Member # 1093

- posted      Profile for pickled shuttlecock   Email pickled shuttlecock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean it doesn't mean "smelly breath"? How embarrassing for me... I've had it wrong for years... [Wink]

Anyway, I'm a-gonna concur with the free speech advocates. It's the same reason we haven't canned Dey for espousing pedophilia. (Though I don't read his posts anymore, and I think J.B is getting on my "just scroll" list as well.)

Posts: 1392 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting with baited breath for you to peek my interest irregardless of what your thinking and if it jives alot with... blah-blah-blah

[ May 17, 2007, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: jm0397 ]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

Speaking of baited breasts (a padded bra?), when I was a kid I thought "carpe diem" meant "fish of the day", the object lesson being something like "reach for the special thing", which isn't too far off what it actually means. I basically was right, even though I had it wrong.

I haven't decided if I think JB isn't just playing a role, since he just spouts his drivel and lets the rest of us fuss and fidget over it. His arguments get it wrong every time, even though he appears to know what the words really mean. If he's capable, it would be interesting to hear him explain why he sees the world as he does. Maybe there's a kernel of rational thought buried under there. Maybe he's just afraid.

guinevererobin
Member # 4024

- posted      Profile for guinevererobin   Email guinevererobin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think JB is really a racist. My theory: he creates accounts on lots of different political message boards and such, then posts ridiculous racist things, so that everyone will be reminded of just how stupid racism is. It's hard for me to believe that anyone couldn't frame a more coherent, complete response than his one-liners, so I refuse to believe he's for real. A misguided do-gooder trying to reinforce the asinine nature of racism, perhaps?

[ May 17, 2007, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: guinevererobin ]

Posts: 463 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.B
Member # 3572

Still no one shows us a white on black rape.
Posts: 389 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think J.B. expresses his position clearly.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

JB, does it bother you that most rapes of white women are done by men who are either relatives, friends or acquaintances? More white women were raped in 2005 by their white relatives than were raped by black men. Does that bother you?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I gotta know: does J.B. stand for Jimmybob or Joebob?
J.B
Member # 3572

quote:
Originally posted by DaveS:
JB, does it bother you that most rapes of white women are done by men who are either relatives, friends or acquaintances? More white women were raped in 2005 by their white relatives than were raped by black men. Does that bother you?

All rape bothers me, I'm just pointing out the group that rapes by far more then any other group.

Black males are 6% of the U.S population.

Black males commit 60% of ALL rapes in the U.S

0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. Whose statistics are right? Yours or DaveS's?

Considering that you've given false, bent, and out-of-context statistics in the past, and DaveS has no history, why should I believe that your statistics are true?

Because, you know, you've called wolf too many times, friend.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I like how Dr. Cornell West put it:

"We're asking you to confront the most powerful, not scapegoat the most vulnerable."

KnightEnder
unregistered

Guine,

I agree. But JB has done his job too well. I think the part has gone to his head. Unlike people like Dave Chapelle who point out racism in humorous ways, JB's posts are disgusting and insulting to anybody of color or anybody with half an intellect. He's done his 'job' and should move on. Or go back to his 'real' name here.

And gruevy is right, he should be ignored. Unless I see reason to do otherwise I shall do so after this post. The 'free speech' argument in the US and here on OA might be relevant if he really believed his horrible posts.

As probably the most outspoken, but by no means lone, voice against racism here on OA loe these many years, racism will never be gone as long as people will not let it die.

The time for trolls like JB are gone. Everybody knows that anyone that thinks as he does is an outdated moron. And we don't need to be reminded by having such filth shove in our face, or brought into OSC's living room. Though a few old relics, as he portrays, still exist, they have the sense to keep their disgusting opinions to themselves or only voice them around their disgusting contemporaries.

Once they are dead and gone, and people like Al Sharpton stop making a living out of stirring up racial tension, racism will be buried with them. The sooner the better.

KE

[ May 17, 2007, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

DaveS
unregistered

I got most of mine from a DOJ report that I downloaded called "Criminal Victimization, 2005" (sorry, no link), some from the DOJ web site. You have to assemble the stats from rates/1000 women age 12+, and some charts mix sexual assaults in with rapes and attempted rapes.

One other tidbit is that only 38% of rapes and sexual assaults were supposedly reported in 2005, which means that the white on black rapes, by definition, are underreported. Maybe all racial combinations are, but the "fewer than 10" number can't be right.

JB, where do you get yours from? Hopefully, not a blog.

[ May 17, 2007, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: DaveS ]

tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it could just as easily be interpreted from those statistics, that white women falsely accuse black men of rape more often than any other group. or maybe that black men have a higher conviction rate from white judges being more prevalant.

given that i've known several women who were basically disowned for getting knocked up by black men, either could be likely.

as to j.b. i'm starting to think that he is a black man, just trolling.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Or maybe J.B. means Jello Biafra? Just keeping an open mind, y'all.
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

How about Jason Bourne?
johnson
Member # 2385

- posted      Profile for johnson   Email johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or John Brown? [Smile]
Posts: 626 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

A winnah! John Brown it is!
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a pathetic little worm someone has to be, to obsess alla time about the superiority of his or her skin color...

And in an unrelated matter - JB = John Birch, no?

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dagon
Member # 3945

- posted      Profile for dagon   Email dagon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the author of the original article should be allowed to respond--

quote:
In an editorial note appended to the start of my article, the editors of Front Page Magazine mention a correction that I've posted at my own website, View from the Right, and they say that "the statistics in article were incorrect."

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/007759.html

What the editors say is not correct. The statistics in my article are correct. They are copied directly from the Department of Justice document, Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2005, as I explain in the article, where I tell the reader how to find the document and table that I reference in my article.

I reported the findings exactly as they are given by the Department of Justice. The figures given in my article are not my figures. They are the figures published by the DOJ.

Where there is need for correction is in the interpretation of these data. The DOJ document does not explain its own methodology. Only from other sources (which I discuss in the "correction" at my website) can one discover that these figures are based on projections from a study of 134,000 individuals. Even then, the actual figures on which the projections are based are not given.

What specifically is questionable in the DOJ table that I accurately reported is the amazing number of "under ten" rapes or sexual assaults of black women by "whites" (meaning whites and Hispanics) in the U.S. in 2005. This clearly must be incorrect, as I discuss at my website. The apparent reason for this inaccuracy is that the number of "white"-on-black rapes turned up by the survey was so low that the numbers were too low to represent what is probably a much higher figure.

As for the more important and more sensational figure in my article, that there were over 100 sexual assaults or rapes of white women by black men every day in 2005, that is most likely a correct projection since the number is so high, therefore the survey numbers it based on must be high and therefore reasonably representative. In any case, this would appear to be as close to a correct figure as can be known. According to the DOJ (quoted in the linked blog entry at my website) "The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) is the Nation's primary source of information on criminal victimization."

Thus, while the figure of "under ten" "white"-on-black sexual assaults or rapes in 2005 is very likely incorrect, the figure of 37,460 black-on-white sexual assaults or rapes in 2005 is very likely close to the correct number.

In any case, as I repeat once again, these are not my figures. They are the figures of the Nation's primary source of information on criminal victimization.

Instead of attacking me as a racist for simply reporting figures provided in a prestigious government study, people ought to look at the study themselves and come up with results that they think are more accurate.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

I took the 37,460 number given by JB and now by the author on faith. The article used by the author is a superset of mine, so I think it's fair to assume that we used the same data (so far) to figure out the stats. There are some strange things in the tables the more complete article uses, such as that 0.0% of the rapes or sexual assaults of white women were committed by spouses, ex-spouses, parents or siblings. Really?

Also, all rapes and sexual assaults are lumped together, so the number 37,460 (111,490 * .336) covers a lot more than rape, including "verbal threats of rape or verbal threats of sexual assault". That means that there were fewer than 10 instances of a white male threatening a black female in the entire US in 2005. REALLY?????

[ May 18, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: DaveS ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Dagon,

You would.

Why not admit you're being JB just to piss me off? [Smile]

Where's my Zoloft?

KE

Rallan
Member # 1936

- posted      Profile for Rallan   Email Rallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can't believe the thread's gone this long without anyone saying "Where da white wimmin at?".

I mean come on guys, if we're gonna lower the tone with discussions like this we may as well go the whole hog.

Posts: 2570 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

IMO, as long as JB doesn't take a siht in the corner, he's a tolerable annoyance. Besides, I never thought about this topic before, so I've learned something, too, about the tendency of white men to rape or molest "their own" women. Much more civilized.
dagon
Member # 3945

- posted      Profile for dagon   Email dagon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE, don't be an ass. What does it hurt to hear the whole thing?

DaveS, I'm pretty sure that the article doesn't say that the number referes to rape, I haven't read it in a while, but I believe that Auster makes it clear that it refers to sexual assault--a much broader category.

While the numbers can be questioned, I find it odd that no one believes that white men just might be keeping their hands(and verbiage) off black women.

That was the point that the article was actually addressing--that we take it as a given that white men 'lust' for black women. It's that whole 'master vistin' the slave quarters' thing.

We are very quick to accept the idea of 'rich' white men getting carried away and raping black women. Auster was trying to point out that the statistics don't bear this out.

Oddly, I deal every day with something that might be a reason that the number is so low.

My daughter is black--and she's very emo, into the music, as well as punk, punkpop--and the guys who play it. Those guys being, pretty universally, white. She tries to date, but teenage boys are naturally skittish about doing something 'different', and dating a black girl with a mohawk is just a bit beyond where the emo boys she likes can get themselves to go--but she's told me of the other thing that keeps the boys she likes away.

The black guys at her school beat up the white guys who try to date black girls.

Is it possible that this is acting as a deterrant across the board? That its giving us adult white males who are less likely to be rude or to make unwanted advances to black women?

Just a thought....

But, for thought, why ARE we so quick to condemn when we hear that a white guy attacked a black woman?

Posts: 119 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

Dagon, I got that about the article and study being more inclusive than just rape. I alluded to that when I wondered how they could conclude that there were fewer than 10 incidents of white male threats against black women in the entire country over the course of an entire year. I know some black girls/women through my daughters who tell me about the intimidation they face. Hard to believe that it *always* stops short of that kind of harassment. FWIW, both of my daughters have from time to time been asked if they're mixed race, but they've never been harassed because of it, AFAIK.

I don't understand the absence of w-on-b sexual assaults. I don't have any outside knowledge to use to rebut the DOJ stats beyond what I've said, but it just doesn't feel right.

dagon
Member # 3945

Doesn't that bother you?

That the stats tell you something and you've been so conditioned to think otherwise that even though you can't really refute them, they feel as if they must be wrong anyhow?

My daughter tells me she faces fairly constant harassment from black kids at her school for her choices, in music, in dress, and in boys. She's attended church services--numerous times--in which the sermon is nothing more that a biblically sanctioned indictment of white people.

And yet we are told that white people harbor innate racism, that they unconsciously act on that racism......okay....but what about the overt racism? Isn't that worse?

I have long believed that there are far too many making their living off the animosity between the various groups that make up the US for there to be a real end to this problem until those in power who don't care about the group distinctions as anything other than personal histories outnumber those who need to keep us at one anothers throats to collect their paychecks.

The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're quick to condemn any man accused of attacking any woman, regardless of their race. Kobe Bryant is a black man, and was accused of rape. Everyone treated him as guilty, no different from the white lacrosse boys.

This is an overcompensating swing from "blame the victim", to "assume guilty" in he-said, she-said cases. Especially date rape leaves little real evidence as to the reality of the situation. No sign of a struggle, no express force, sometimes even verbal consent. And yet men can be accused and assumed guilty, even in a sketchy situation.

As for the racial issue, you might enjoy this reference.
Personality trends in the youthful male offender (1959)

"The first problem was to discover and then meansure certain general personality differences between Negro and white youthful male offenders."

The google link listed:

"The white rapist may be described as a psychopathic deviate with below average intel- ligence and low educational status, while the Negro rapist may be ..."

I would love to know how the sentence ended, but I can't access the rest of the article.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page