Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » 37,460 To Zero (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 37,460 To Zero
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a startling similarity in JB's logic and the logic of those that excuse and wink at black supremacy.

It may be important to distinguish these "new black panthers" from the original ones ... Do you realize that Huey Newton, founder of the Black Panthers spoke angrily against the anti-white hatred of those new SoBs?

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(Sorry, Tom, but sometimes we need a reminder that Ornery's good old days weren't always good.)
Why? Bumping dumb threads hardly seems like your civic duty. [Smile] (For that matter, I think Ornery's good old days were pre-2003. *laugh*)

[ July 07, 2010, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekingprometheus:
J.B. may beat a dead horse, but he does seem to hold an opinion that he essays to back up with evidence. Whether or not such evidence is valid is open to discussion, but I don't think he should be condemned simply because he holds an opinion that is highly unpopular and politically incorrect.

As far as I know, he has yet to advocate unethical actions, and though the implications of his arguments may be insulting to many, I don't believe he has crossed lines by using inflammatory insults.

I disagree with him vehemently, but I'm a fierce advocate of free speech. I think he has a right to his opinion, and a right to present arguments supporting his opinion, as long as he adheres to the rules and decorum of the forum.

I miss sp.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Wayward Son:
Do you think that means that it never happens, or that the media just doesn't report it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's a small white penises thing, and black women don't notice when it happens?

Strange that you resurrected this thread using that quote of mine, written before Donald came up with over 8000 cases.

So apparently it was the latter case, and my guess was correct (if I don't say so myself [Smile] ).

But you are right--this was one of the more obnoxious topics we've debated here. [Frown]

[ July 08, 2010, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Wayward Son ]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

37,460 to ~8,000 still requires some explanation, no?
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as explaining the different numbers of the rapes, I can see several factors that could be involved.

The relative number of black rapists may be higher than that of white rapists simply because blacks tend to live in low-income, high-crime areas. Low incomes tends to correlate with higher crime rates, regardless of race.

Also, since blacks are a minority and whites the majority, random chance dictates that black-on-white rapes will occur more often than white-on-black rapes, simply because there are more whites that can be victimized.

Many rapists also rape as an act of rage more than sex. If a minority feels oppressed by another group (rightly or wrongly), those who express their rage may direct it at those they feel are oppressing them. So black rapists may target white women more than white rapists target black women, because of perceived injustices.

Finally, blacks raping whites may be reported more often than whites raping blacks. Some women do not report rapes for multiple reasons-—fear of ridicule, of being thought a slut, of having to go through an ordeal to prosecute the rapist, etc. These factors may be less intimidating when a white woman is raped by a black man. OTOH, some black women may feel, in addition to the reasons above, that reporting a rape by a white man is useless, since the legal system will protect the white man. (Whether this is true or not—and I don’t believe it is (and sincerely pray that I am right!)—is irrelevant; only what the victim believes is relevant.) So there may be factors that skew the reporting of each side.

The combination of these factors may account for the discrepancy. There may be others. Of course, none of these may be true, but they would have to be eliminated before reaching the conclusion that the discrepancy is entirely due to race.

Of course, this discrepancy was not the purpose of my post. Rather, it was in response to J.B.’s contention that there were no blacks raped by whites. (He challenged us, several times, to “name a single one.” Not to mention the title of the thread. [Smile] ) A completely fallacious contention, it turned out.

While it may be argued that blacks tend to have more criminal behavior than whites, I believe that this can be accounted for by societal and environmental reasons far more easily than by genetic or racial reasons. Those who ignore the societal and environmental influences and blame everything on genetics and race are simply ignorant fools.

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Agreed, of course. My joke was in bad taste, but it made my wife laugh, so I posted it.
seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I miss sp
I'm still around. [Smile]
Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by seekingprometheus:
quote:
I miss sp
I'm still around. [Smile]
Great! I don't think I'd seen you since last Thanksgiving or so.
Michelle
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for Michelle   Email Michelle       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone taken in to account that rape is a forceful violent act and that the rapists are simply seeking out weaker prey?

There was a case several years ago where women were being assaulted after getting off the Metro late at night. (I believe over in Arlington, Virginia) I think there were a reported five rapes by the same man.

It's been awhile since I've seen the story, but the one victim that got away was a black woman. She was in her late thirties, and slightly overweight, if I recall. He attempted to attack her, ripping her underwear, but then she beat him off with her umbrella.

Rape is about power. I would think that it would be counter-productive to the rapist to not only be unable to complete his despicable act, but he also gets the hell beat out of him in the process.
Let's face it, white women on average would make easier prey, or at the very least, give the appearance of being easier prey. The numbers don't reflect motivation, they reflect calculation on the part of the perpetrator.

Posts: 800 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonr
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for jasonr   Email jasonr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hunch is that this has something to do with desirability and status. White women are perceived as more desirable than black women in our culture. Even among black men, it seems like having a white woman on your arm is some kind of status symbol. I remember reading somewhere that black women have consistently been getting the short end of the stick in the dating world because of cultural preferences that make them seem less desirable.

Perhaps this statistic is the one upside to that trend for black women.

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

I remember when Jessica Lynch & others got captured and then rescued, the other woman rescued, a single black mom in her 30s was all mad that more of a deal wasn't made out of her. Well she wasn't raped, Lynch (19) and raped repeatedly, so why should we care more about the other woman's situation more than we care more about her than we care about the men captured?
Al Wessex
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure about that? She only made that claim in her book and even then said she had no memory of being raped.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayne
Member # 1944

- posted      Profile for stayne   Email stayne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:

Let's face it, white women on average would make easier prey, or at the very least, give the appearance of being easier prey. The numbers don't reflect motivation, they reflect calculation on the part of the perpetrator.

I think you have the right of it here, Michelle. Predators of all stripes (human and beast) make these calculations. The very definition of criminal behavior is choosing the easy route.
Posts: 594 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to disagree with any of the ideas here but am just going to throw another one out there:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/aa/resources/factsheets/aa.htm

"In 2007, the rates of AIDS diagnoses decreased among blacks but were still higher than the rates of any other race/ethnicity. The rate of AIDS diagnoses for black adults/adolescents were 10 times the rate for whites and nearly 3 times the rate for Hispanics. The rate of AIDS diagnoses for black women was 22 times the rate for white women. The rate of AIDS diagnoses for black men was almost 8 times the rate for white men."

It would serve a rapist right to get AIDS though.

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by Al Wessex:
Are you sure about that? She only made that claim in her book and even then said she had no memory of being raped.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/us/jessica-lynch-where-is-she-now/index.html

Raped while her back was broken in two places, apparently:

quote:
During the ambush that claimed 11 soldiers, her back was broken in two places. Her arms and legs were smashed. The Iraqis pulled her unconscious from a wrecked Humvee and, she said, took her to one of Saddam Hussein's palaces and sexually assaulted her. An Army report substantiates the rape, Lynch said, but because she wasn't conscious, she doesn't remember the assault.

But she cannot forget Saddam Hussein Hospital. She can't forget what it was like to be totally unable to move when Iraqi doctors wheeled her into a room and told her they were going to cut off her leg. She screamed and begged for them to stop. They performed a crude surgery, replacing her femur with a metal rod built for a man.

"I was completely alone." She recalled talking to God, " 'Guide me in the right direction so that I can get out of this hospital and help me so that I can be rescued.' "

She doesn't remember it conciously but she reports this repeated dream:

quote:
At night the Iraqi men come again for Jessica Lynch.

They chase her through the woods. The crunching of the earth beneath their boots drowns out her pounding breath. She turns but can't see their faces.

Before they grab her, she wakes up.

The nightmare has never changed over 12 years. The woman made famous for being a prisoner of war would give anything for it to stop.

Plus the rape was medically verified. Unless you suppose she consented to have very rough sex with her captors while her spine was broken in two places.
JoshCrow
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for JoshCrow   Email JoshCrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread necromancy? Or thread narcolepsy? Check back in 2020 when Al replies and zzzzzzzz.....
Posts: 2281 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page