Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » What are your favorite movie quotes? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What are your favorite movie quotes?
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only 1 movie that I think has good quotes...

"I see three of him out there"
"Hit the one in the middle"
"Right! Hit the one in the middle"

"I defeat all man. Soon I defeat real champion!!"
"If he dies, he dies"

"What's happening out there?"
"He's winning"

"Whats Dragos secret?"
"Like your Popeye, he eats his spinach!"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

"Sometimes you just have to follow orders"

Simon to Gabriel in "The Prophesy"

quote:
You just shot an unarmed man!

He should've armed himself then if he's going to decorate his salon with my friend"

Unforgiven

[ May 30, 2007, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: flydye45 ]

martel
Member # 3448

- posted      Profile for martel   Email martel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns, and those who dig. You dig."
-The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Posts: 308 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This place got a pool?" "Pool and a pond. Pond be good for you."

-Caddyshack

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Davidson
Member # 3377

- posted      Profile for Greg Davidson   Email Greg Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Where are we going?"
"Planet 10!"
"When are we going?"
"Real soon"

Posts: 4178 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rightleft22
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for rightleft22   Email rightleft22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles Farmer:
Hey kid you know what you want to do when you grow up?

Child #2: I dunno.

Charles Farmer:
Well better know what your going to do, before someone knows it for you.

Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(holds up trigger finger) "This is my safety"

“You wanna know what I think? It don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that sh*t, just goes right out the window."

"When I get home and people ask me, 'Hey, Hoot, why do you do it, man? What are you? Some kind of war junkie? I won't say a god damn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."

The character “Hoot” from Black Hawk Down. Looking at the movie notes, he is actually a compilation character from two or three of the real Delta guys... Priceless, nevertheless, especially that last one.

To those who've served, you know what he's talking about.

[ May 31, 2007, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: jm0397 ]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The End."

quoted without credits in several movies.

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Yeah, and in crap movies, thats the best part [Razz]
flydye45
unregistered

"When you are king, you have to see the good in all situations"

Braveheart

0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The End."

How about "Fin"?

Some of my favorite movies and TV shows end with that statement.

Take the End of Evangelion, one of the most soul-crushing movie experiences I've ever had. Damn it was good.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fight Club is so packed with memorable quotes that I can quote the movie from first frame to last.

I just watched Trainspotting, and that made me think of this thread. The voice-over at the beginning (audio, video), with Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" in the background...
quote:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite [sic] on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f*ckin' junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*cked-up brats that you've spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life.

But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

... and the voice-over at the end (video), with Underworld's "Born Slippy" in the background...
quote:
So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person. But that's going to change; I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the f*cking big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine-to-five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.
I especially love how lyrical it gets at the very end. The monologues are so bittersweet; they kiss you and you come away bleeding.

I've plenty more where those came from, but I'd be here all night.

[ June 01, 2007, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: WarrsawPact ]

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or for something from the opposite end of the poetic spectrum - anything mouthed by Brad Pitt's character in 'Snatch'
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mygge
Member # 4557

- posted      Profile for mygge   Email mygge       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Let go of her, you B***H!"

Sigourney Weaver - Aliens (Alien II)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, DonaldD. Yes!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Love Snatch! And Lock Stock, have just put lots of videos up of those very 2 films on myspace! Vinny Jones is a legend [Big Grin] Ya can't beat a good Brit flick by any long means, just been watchin Mean Machine, absolute classic!! No wonder you guys made a rip off version, we are just THAT good!! [Razz]

Edited to add: Born Slippy, *sigh* good times, gooood times! [Smile]

[ June 01, 2007, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

scouser1
unregistered

"Kick me in the junk" lmaOOOOO
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How disgusting."

End of Evangelion

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Here's another 1 I thought of;

On finding the chemist dead in the boot...

"I said take care of him, not f***ing TAKE CARE OF HIM!!"

Edited to add: [LOL]

[ June 06, 2007, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite quotes is from the Star Trek series Deep Space Nine. Cisco has been transported to an evil parallel universe, where an evil Kira is running the space station, and captures him:

Kira: "The only question I have is whether I should take you to bed or have you executed."

Cisco: "Do I get a vote?"

Kira: "Of course you do. It just doesn't count."

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

Azrael: Ah, come on! Don't tell me you NEVER questioned the judgement, Serendipity.
Serendipity: No. It never bothered me. So you were an artist! Big deal! Elvis was an artist. But that didn't stop him from joining the service in time of war. And that's why he's The King, and you're a schmuck.

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snooch to the motherfockin booch!
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a million fine looking women in the world but most of them don't bring you lasagna at work. Most of them just cheat on you.

[ June 12, 2007, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

I thought you only had sex with three guys...
D Pace
Member # 1493

- posted      Profile for D Pace   Email D Pace       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Rule:

you do have at least make a passing attempt to cite the movie you're quoting from, for those of us losers who do recognize the quotes but can't quite recall where they heard it... (strings of posts from Snatch and Dogma are recognized as being from the same source)

-------------------

I'll go with:

~"Well, isn't this place a geographical anomaly! Two weeks from everywhere!"

(O Brother . . . )

[ June 13, 2007, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: D Pace ]

Posts: 376 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Kevin Smith movies:
"You sucked 37 *^#ks??!!!...
Try not to suck any ^$&$ on your way to the parking lot!" (Clerks)

And Braveheart:

"All men die, but how many truly live?"

Too lazy to double check, so those might be off a bit...

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssci
Member # 1053

- posted      Profile for ssci   Email ssci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thought you only had sex with three guys...
Clerks?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Blade Runner

Posts: 442 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

Death: Humans need fantasy to *be* human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Susan: With tooth fairies? Hogfathers?
Death: Yes. As practice, you have to start out learning to believe the little lies.
Susan: So we can believe the big ones?
Death: Yes. Justice, mercy, duty. That sort of thing.
Susan: They're not the same at all.
Death: You think so? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder, and sieve it through the finest sieve, and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet, you try to act as if there is some ideal order in the world. As if there is some, some rightness in the universe, by which it may be judged.
Susan: But people have got to believe that, or what's the point?
Death: You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?

Hogfather

Colin JM0397
Member # 916

SSCI, good one - my favorite part of the movie... and then he lets the dove go.
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clark: Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d***less, hopeless, heartless, fat-a$$, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is. Hallelujah. Holy s***. Where's the Tylenol?

Christmas Vacation.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

Interesting side note; someone mentioned the line from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

I was just looking at Bartleby and stumbled across this:
quote:
Ode

WE are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties
We build up the world's great cities,
And out of a fabulous story
We fashion an empire's glory:
One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth and conquer a crown;
And three with a new song's measure
Can trample an empire down.

We, in the ages lying
In the buried past of the earth,
Built Nineveh with our sighing,
And Babel itself with our mirth;
And o'erthrew them with prophesying
To the old of the new world's worth;
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth.

-Arthur O'Shaughnessy. 1844–1881
hydroman_lmk
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for hydroman_lmk   Email hydroman_lmk       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"you were looking for the soul in mens minds. Maybe you were looking in the wrong place"

Dark City

Posts: 64 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NSCutler
Member # 1403

- posted      Profile for NSCutler   Email NSCutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd, Harvey

"Insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops." Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

Posts: 789 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Mortimer reminded me of Trading Places and Eddie Murphy: "Problem officers?"

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

One of the best quotes ever is the monologue Matt Damon gives to the NSA in "Good Will Hunting" concerning "why he shouldn't work for the NSA". I wish I could remember it all.

The basics are:

"You guys are codebreakers.....Say I'm working on a code that no one else can break. And I break it...."

Which leads to his hypothetical "buddy" getting sent away to war, shot in the ass, and losing his job and while he's gone, and consequently his house. Then when he gets back his job is exported to the country he was just fighting.

"My buddy can't get a job because his company has been outsourced to the country he was just fighting in and his ass is killing him from all the shrapnel he's carrying around in it. So, why don't I just shoot my buddy in the ass, give his job to his sworn enemy, and burn down his house..." (He didn't take the job with the NSA)
Interestingly this monologue isn't in the 'original script'?

If you've seen it you know which one I'm talking about. It was great. Sorry I can't remember it all.

KE

[ June 29, 2007, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[quote]
"...the Bat-Yam brothers...! [snorts]. I feel like getting up on a table and saying I, Sammy Ben Tovim, nicked the safe!"

- "Gee, by yourself? Way to go...!"

"... and also my friend , Herzl!"

- Under the Nose, Jacob Goldwasser

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barlow "He's allright man, he's from a group home in Dallas. He's got no High School."

Vig "Don't tell people that!"

Chief "I don't care if he's from Johanasburg, I don't want to hear Dune Coon or Sand Nigger from him or anyone else!!"

Vig "Captain uses those terms".

Barlow "That's not the point, Conrad. The point is Camel Jockey and Towel head are perfectly good substitutes"

Chief "Exactly"

Three Kings

[ June 29, 2007, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew_Wight
Member # 4739

- posted      Profile for Drew_Wight   Email Drew_Wight       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Princess Bride
“So who says life’s fair; where’s that written?”
“I do not supposed you could speed things up?”
“I know something you don’t know.”
“Well that was an adventure; singed a bit were you?”
“Sheesh! I never worked for so little and THAT was a noble cause.”
“Boy, are you a rotten liar.”
“Wh-at? Humperdink?”
“Drop. Your. Sword.”
“As you wish.”

Holy Grail
“Be quiet! I am your King!” “Well I didn’t vote for you.”
“Are you saying ‘Nee’ to that old woman?”
“I don’t want to go in the cart.” “Don’t be such a baby!” “I feel happy. I feel happy.”
“Look, there’s the King.” How do you know he’s the King?” “He’s the only one that doesn’t have sh** on him.”
“She changed me into a newt! ...err....I got better.”
“Well, we did do the nose....and the hat.....but she does have a wart!” “Burn her!”

Zorro
“Charm.”
“This is going to take a lot of work.”

Star Wars
“I got a bad feeling about this.”
“I care.”

Opportunity Knocks (Dana Carvey)
“You do not talk when I talk. You do not talk when I talk.”
“Come in- bumps, stay out- no bumps; your decision!”

Sense & Sensibility
“What is swabbing, anyway?”
“Oh a little cottage is always very nice.”
“All I want to know is how long will it take them to move out!”

Back to the Future
“He’s a peeping tom!”

Pirates of the Caribbean
“Pi-rate.”
“Not to the boats then?

Posts: 49 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

The Big Hit (Lou Diamond Phillips has accidentally kidnapped his bosses daughter)

Boss: "What would you do if someone ****ed with you in your own house?"

Lou is scared ****less. (since he is the one that ****ed with the bosses family) Says nothing.

Boss: "What...would...you do, if someone ****ed with you in your own house?"

Lou Diamnond Phillips: "I'd...I'd bust some caps!!"

Boss: "BUST..SOME..CAPS!! Give this man a gold star!"

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Princess Bride

Wesley looks at the six-fingered man's hand.

"I know someone who's looking for you."

I've already said the best line. One of the best ever.

"Hello! My name is Ignacio Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!" (to the six-fingered man of course. [Smile] One of the best movies ever.

"Talking to you is like a Marian trying to talk to a fungo!" (Points for the name of this "THE best movie ever.)

"The Godfather" quotes to come. (Whataburger is here.)

KE

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page