Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Landmark Thread - Kent hits 1000 posts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Landmark Thread - Kent hits 1000 posts
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that you all have been awaiting my 1000th post with enervation, since I have been judiciously meting out my paltry wisdom over the last almost 5 years, so here it is.

The two paradigms that have most effectively and positively benefited my life are these:

• I am here to be of service, not to seek to be served.
  • There is much to be gained from all of my experiences, including those that others may call negative experiences.

The most powerful, life changing book I've read is Bonds That Make Us Free: Healing Our Relationships, Coming to Ourselves by Terry Warner. As a result of the concepts Terry Warner shares, my past has changed and my relationships have become much more joyful.

There is little wisdom greater that I could share beyond that which I have given. May the next 1000 posts take me longer than the first.

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo Kent!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Kent.

Seriously, how can you have been on this forum for almost 5 years and only post 1000 times...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Enervation?

I can agree with the second idea, but the first?
quote:
* I am here to be of service, not to seek to be served.
Report to my house ASAP; I can make use of uncompensated labor.

Congrats on 1000 posts, anyway. I can almost recall my first 1K.

[ June 19, 2007, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: WarrsawPact ]

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vulture
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lobo:
Yay Kent.

Seriously, how can you have been on this forum for almost 5 years and only post 1000 times...

Bah - I've been here since 2000, and have only posted 836 times I think. Probably hold the record for lowest posts per day amongst active posters [Smile]
Posts: 1768 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 1153

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eh? I think I could give you a run for your money there, vulture. Mid 200's over 4 years or something...
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben =====> 243 posts in 48 months = 5.06 posts/month
vulture => 839 posts in 81 months = 10.36 posts/month
Lobo ====> 483 posts in 81 months = 5.96 posts/month
Kent ====>1000 posts in 56 months = 17.86 posts/month

Ben wins!!

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. At one point I was writing more than 18 posts a day.

My average for the first 3000 posts was over 7 posts/day.

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for Brian   Email Brian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I don't want to brag, and some might quibble about the "active" tag, but 143 posts over 5.7 years is pretty low.

Does serially active count?

edited because I can't count

[ June 21, 2007, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo
Member # 89

We have a new winner!!!!

Brian===> 143 posts in 68 months = 2.10 posts/month

The bad news is that you only get one more post this month...

I think on the other end of the spectrum, kenmeer livermaile is the "winner".

kl====> 9728 posts in 30 months = 324.27 post/month!!

Anyone top that?

WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

For short periods of time, yes, I think I posted at more than kenmeer's average. I've taken time off from time to time, and some days I just went wild, like 24 posts a day.
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kent

Congrats.

Your Post level may be lower than some, but your contributions have been huge over the years.

Brian, Vulture, & Lobo the same could be said of you three as well.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page