Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Pete kicks the law exam's butt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pete kicks the law exam's butt
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pete at Home has asked me to post the following comments:

He contacted me last night to inform me that he has passed the bar and to request reinstatement, which according to the terms of his original request will be effective in 6 days.

Congratulations on a hard-won achievement, Pete.

Thought this deserved its own thread. Congratulations, Pete. Welcome to a long life of giving free legal advice to freeloading freinds and relatives. [Big Grin]

Adam

[ October 17, 2007, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Adam Masterman ]

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I mention that I pity some judges? [Big Grin]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Pete!

Are we supposed to say "Get a job!" now? [Big Grin]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Let the jousting recommence...!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rightleft22
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for rightleft22   Email rightleft22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Pete!
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are we supposed to say "Get a job!" now?"

"Say no way, say no way, yeah, no wayyyyyyyy, na na why don't you get a job?"

(This was your international moment of Offspring)

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Pete!

I assume you set the bar to a new standard. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 1153

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats from me too! Now to wish me luck on getting the architect's license in the next year... Then I can design your house when you get the big $$$,$$$,$$$ what ya say? [Smile] Congrats and let us know how you're doing with the lawyer thing!
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay pete can now mix drinks in nevada.... oh wait, the other bar exam, sorry. congratulations pete. see ya in 6 days.
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't aware Pete had taken up drinking. In public conviviances, no less. But this very much bodes well for his future career (commencing about now, I presume) as a lawyer, yes?

I mean, all the lawyers in Boston Legal drink!

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Pete!
Posts: 3481 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Pete! [Smile]
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Pete! Congrats! Don't forget when your rich and famous that I believed in you. [Wink]
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, Pete, and now that you know the lawl, I suppose you'll be running for office to change them?
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a link to the web site showing all the people who passed. 66% did this time.

http://www.nvbar.org/admissions/0607results.htm

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos, Pete! Two thumbs up! [Smile]

Now... um... Get a Job!

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot, we don't get to see which questions he got right and which he got wrong? [Exploding]

edited to add: assuming he actually got any wrong... [Big Grin]

[ October 17, 2007, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: LoverOfJoy ]

Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by msquared:
Here is a link to the web site showing all the people who passed. 66% did this time.

http://www.nvbar.org/admissions/0607results.htm

msquared

I looked through that whole list and I didn't see a "Pete @ Home" anywhere on it. He couldn't POSSIBLY have taken that test!

I knew I could never trust people to tell the truth online.

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Pete!
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another congrats [Smile]

LetterRip

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Pete! I hope that all the other important things in your life have gone as well.
Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo hoo!

Congradulations!

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great! There hasn't been nearly enough tireless rebutting on Ornery to keep me in reading material lately.

jk [Smile]

Sincere congratulations. Hoist the best root beer you can find to your own success.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, am I supposed to act suprised?

About time, Pete [Wink]

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congatations Pete! [Smile]

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Pete.
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

- posted      Profile for Carlotta   Email Carlotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you Pete! And we missed you around here!
Posts: 1318 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Passing the bar exam on your first attempt is certainly creditable. It suggests you learned significantly more than the minimum necessary to practice law in Nevada. Congratulations on a job well done.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WeAreAllJust LooseChange
Member # 3411

- posted      Profile for WeAreAllJust LooseChange         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!
Sorry we'll miss you at Ornery after you find a job and start billing at 80 hours per week [Frown]

But hey - one day you might remember what is the life all about and save some poor critter's life without a charge.

Nah! You'll be disqualified as incompetent after this [Smile]

Posts: 174 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnation.

I just wrote a huge long post summing up all the wonderful and amazing things that have happened in my life, and then tried to preview it, and lost all the text through an Explorer glitch.

So now I'm too pissed off to tell y'all how happy I am. [Big Grin]

And so it goes.

-Pete

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Peeeeeetah! Welcome back, hombre! Does the plural on "wonderful things" imply improvement with a certain Thing?

<---- crossing fingers that this is so...

tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome back pete... now get to work, we've been missing your opinions. time off is great, but you been slacking and have some catching up to do. [Razz]
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that was part of the long update that got deleted [Frown]

Thing Three has found some creative ways of communicating, for example when he is hungry. For some reason it's very difficult for him to form a sentence, to say, e.g. "I'm hungry," or "I want some food." But he can quote snippets of song or monologues from Sponge Bob. For example, when he's hungry, he mumbles the line from Plankton: "Why can't I get real food? Mr. Crabs gets real food. Look at his daughter -- she's as big as a whale!"

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete's back!

... Or whoever he is!

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Wait. Thing 3 also has/had problems? I thought the afflicted one was Thing 2?
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Whoops. I meant Thing Two. Thing Three's problems stem more from emphathy.
guinevererobin
Member # 4024

- posted      Profile for guinevererobin   Email guinevererobin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Pete! That's quite an achievement. And it's good to see you back. [Smile]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

OK, at least I know I'm not losing it...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page