Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Pakistan blasts kill 115 as Bhutto returns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pakistan blasts kill 115 as Bhutto returns
WeAreAllJust LooseChange
Member # 3411

- posted      Profile for WeAreAllJust LooseChange         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what our "friend" Musharaf supporters do to their opposition. Or so I think that's what happened just hours ago:

Pakistan blasts kill 115 as Bhutto returns:

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2007-10-18T214431Z_01_ISL245129_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-PAKISTAN-COL.XML

or

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/10/bhutto-survives.html

Our supporter in the "war on terror" obviously doesn't care if his people use a bit of terror themselves.
Why does that remind me of our own US prez? Maybe it's the mustache...

Posts: 174 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
126 and counting.

Our ally in the "WoT" continues to breath solely because he allows his intelligence apparatus, which is dominated by AQ supporters, to keep OBL alive in Waziristan or thereabouts.

Ed to add - be a nice guy, edit your post using the URL function ("full reply form"). You're throwing the page out of whack like this.

[ October 18, 2007, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's what our "friend" Musharaf supporters do to their opposition. Or so I think that's what happened just hours ago:
Why do you draw this conclusion? The link you cite below notes,
quote:
"She has an agreement with America. We will carry out attacks on Benazir Bhutto as we did on General Pervez Musharraf," Haji Omar, a Taliban commander in the Waziristan tribal region on the Afghan border, told Reuters by satellite telephone as Bhutto headed for Pakistan.
Counting as Musharraf supporters people who are avowedly trying to kill him seems a strange reading of the situation.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hobsen, they haven't tried to kill Musharaf in a while. I can't help but feel he has some deal in place.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the morning news, noone has yet claimed responsibility for the bombing. That fact would suggest to me a higher likelyhood that the culprit was a Musharaf supporter but it is certainly possible that the Muslim extremists were responsible.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page