Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Secret Hilly-Bob has learned NOTHING

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Secret Hilly-Bob has learned NOTHING
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would still probably vote for her against anyone in the Repugnican field except maybe Ron Paul (if only for the judges), but I'll probably retch doing it. The gall of this beeeyatch (and her husband), to build a library on our dime and not let anyone see what's in it. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

(there'd be more maddies, but the forum won't let me).

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straygaldwyr
Member # 4465

- posted      Profile for Straygaldwyr   Email Straygaldwyr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the debate she took double talk to a new level...it was beyond comical, it is a shame there is nobody with a resume' running on the Democrate side or they would gut her like a sturgen...

[ October 31, 2007, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Straygaldwyr ]

Posts: 1520 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like a 'surgeon'? [Wink] [Smile]

KE

[ October 31, 2007, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Ricky, not to nit-pic, but what the hell are you talking about? They are building a library that nobody can visit? [Confused]

KE

Straygaldwyr
Member # 4465

- posted      Profile for Straygaldwyr   Email Straygaldwyr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who guts surgeons?, sturgeon are gutted to bring caviar into the world...
Posts: 1520 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link.

It's papers related to Bill's presidency that are being kept secret.

It really seems rather hypocritical. I'll be interested to see if anyone (here) defends this.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought maybe sturgeons gutted people or something. Heh.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All her papers from Bill's presidency, KE. All the interesting ones, anyway.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
, it is a shame there is nobody with a resume' running on the Democrate side or they would gut her like a sturgen...
One of them's been a 7-term Congressman, 2-term governor, Secretary of Energy, and Ambassador to the United Nations. Who on the Republican side has a resume which compares favorably to Governor Richardson's?
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straygaldwyr
Member # 4465

What does he have 2%?
Lobo
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RickyB said "build a library on our dime"

I thought you were a foreigner...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got nothing.
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

What is the rule on releasing presidential papers after how many years?

Cause if that time has past I, a liberal, Scifi, will be glad to protest. What do you think we are automatons?

KE

[ November 01, 2007, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

As a matter of fact I love to protest agains Liberal injustice just to show the difference between us and them.

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Really, when is the last time you saw a Bushie protest against Bushie's?

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Ricky is no foreigner, he's one of us.

KE

Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um its Hillary's fortune to have the benefit of the standard operating procedure for all daily presidential papers in the executive office to be covered by the assumed secrecy attached t such papers. It endures for 40 some odd years after the executive leaves office- and in some cases they remain seal until 40 years after a president's death.

Its nothing new. E.G. we are just now getting the dailies from the Johnson Administration.

We haven't even begun opening Nixon's.

In this case, there isn't anything new, strange, or criminal going on. As First Lady, Hillary is covered.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

"when is the last time you saw a Bushie protest against Bushie's?"

Never saw a "Bushie" do this, but lots of conservatives and Republicans criticize Bush. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be snarky with my earlier post, KE...sorry.

Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not as concerned about her not wanting to give the papers up as I am about her saying simply that the issue is out of her hands and not answering yes or no to the question of whether Bill's decision was the right one. It's like with the driver's licenses for illegal immigrants---she says she understands what the governor of New York is doing, which makes it sound like she thinks it's a good idea, and then when pressed on it says she doesn't think it's a good idea but that it's the best of a number of bad options. Why didn't she say that clearly the first time?

It's unfortunate, because Hillary seems like a stately, attractive, strong, well-spoken woman that I'd be happy to have as our first woman President if it weren't for some of her weaselish behavior.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WeAreAllJust LooseChange
Member # 3411

- posted      Profile for WeAreAllJust LooseChange         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From all the Democrat-voting people I know I have not yet heard of one supporting Hill-Billy for president.
I'm not going to support her too as she represents the Corporate America in it's worst fashion, taking hypocrisy to new extremes.

Why da HECK is she leading in the "official polls" for Democratic voters then???

Probably the people I know are too alternative to be considered mainstream... Or is it the official media outlets tell you what suits THEIR interest best?

Posts: 174 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't name recognition the single biggest advantage a candidate has?
Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaoJeannes
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for TaoJeannes   Email TaoJeannes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

You also have to notice how quick the media is to crucify her instead once that suits them better. I've heard nothing on the news but how bad a screwup she's been lately.

Posts: 279 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I think all the cleavage and cackling coverage is unnecessary. In fact, on the radio this morning, at the end of an interview with Rudy Giuliani the host said, "Good luck, and break her broomstick! Halloween humor, people!" Ha ha.
Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, unlike the Dean Scream, the cackling hasn't been played non-stop for two weeks.

They're just trying to tighten up the race to raise ratings, not trying to kill the canidate.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 3319

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RickyB:
I would still probably vote for her against anyone in the Repugnican field except maybe Ron Paul (if only for the judges), but I'll probably retch doing it. The gall of this beeeyatch (and her husband), to build a library on our dime and not let anyone see what's in it. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

(there'd be more maddies, but the forum won't let me).

Traditionally presidential libraries are built through privately raised funds, and I don't believe Clinton has deviated from that.

So it's not on your dime, it's on his.

Posts: 729 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Dual citizenship, Lobo [Smile]

Lyrhawn - are you sure? And maintained? In any case, the papers themselves are ours.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read, it was paid for by wealthy donors but is maintained by the National Security Archives.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Apparently, before the Reagan Library, prez libraries were funded federally. It appears they are all under National Archives Administration. How that is funded is, presumably, federal.
Lyrhawn
Member # 3319

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going as far back as Roosevelt, a lot of those libraries were privately funded, though some were publicly.

They are maintained by the public, but also consider that the money spent privately to create a venue to make them available is a huge service to the public at large. Without those privately funded libraries, it's likely they'd just be in storage at a warehouse somewhere and they'd never see the light of day.

And given the small amount of staff that works at the library, and the time involved in the process of putting a FOIA request through, I think we could give the library SOME benefit of the doubt. I would however like to see the matter looked into further to see specifically where the logjam is coming from.

Posts: 729 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

It's no service if we don't actually get access to the papers. As for technical problems - please. I've read that flat out, the Bush and Reagan libraries did not put hurdles like these. It's not a logjam, it's refusal. I'm not arguing against the libraries, I just want to see what's in them, especially when it's relevant to a leading contender in the current election.
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ricky

You did note my comment about the Executive Office Dailies?

That essentially no one can touch them right now? That this has nothing to do with Hillary or Bill being evil?

What part of sealed, 40 years, security clearenced & vetted people's eyes only did you not understand?

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

I understand you, Red. It's just that my impression is that they (Hill&Bill) are insisting on more than that - i.e., stuff that the Reagan and Bush 41 libraries hand over (I mean allow to read) as a matter of course. I could be wrong.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page