Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Ron Paul? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ron Paul?
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Paul is being set up as a third party candidate, as is Kuchinich. Which ever one gets to split the other sides vote will win the election.

Same thing Clinton did with Perot. I'd guess that RP is getting a lot of Democrat money on the sly to make him as "valid" a candidate as he can be, at least asset wise. But he does have a following of anti war Republicans.

If it wouldn't be so bad for the country, I'd wish these fringe candidates upon you to give you a taste of how problematic True Believers are as executives. It's at best a mixed bag. For every brilliant fellow you get a dozen wacky hacks.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd prefer, I assume, a nutball who does a lot as well as talk?

Had two terms of that already.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

Yes, a President who signed the "No child left behind" act, expanded Medicare, hugged that cow Kennedy, signed energy bills which brought both sides together is SUCH the extremist.

No, I don't agree with most of those positions, but I also recognize how middle of the road they actually are.

Take off the Iraq blinders. Bush isn't a hard core Conservative.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenmeer didn't say Bush was a conservative. He said he was a nutball. I think we're all agreed that this is the case.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expanded welfare for big pharma and king cong. Wow.

Almost a Democrat.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Take off the Iraq blinders. "

Oh, I go nowhere without my Iraqi Rose-Tint Blood-Spatter Eye Shields.

Hard Core. As in Metal or as in Thrash Punk? Or just plain balls to the walls Roots Rock?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

Tom,

No.

Jesse,

Yes.

kenmeer,

Orange

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Is that a terror alert, a clockwork, or the new Warm Winter Shade?
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Presidential Candidate Ron Paul's Dvd Sells Over 60,000 Copies In 72 Hours

Must be those same 600 wackos buying up all the copies.

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 2699

- posted      Profile for Eric   Email Eric       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most troubling thing, besides his isolationism, is the widespread support he has from neo-nazis. If not for those two things, I might consider him.
Posts: 448 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

If only the original NAZIs had been isolationists...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page