Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » New Serenity Sequel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Serenity Sequel
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why hasn't anyone else posted this trailer yet? (Granted, it is just a teaser, and doesn't give you an idea on the story line.)

[ April 01, 2008, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't understand how they are going to have Zoe get over Wash's death to be with that guy. I wish they would just leave Zoe out of the story then mess with it that way.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

I know, Whedon is a dick for messing with it.
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something a little off about the special effects. You sure the footage is "official"?
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

You don't think it is just a fan that put that together? Where did they get all the other footage? I've watched the DVD's of firefly and I don't remember Zoe getting it on with any other guys, do you? I'll check around to see if anyone at browncoats is talking about it.
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Mal's new haircut.
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

Well, I found this quote here, and it looks like it was just made recently.

quote:
I trust what Alan has to say, it's that I'm not sure this can be counted as fully legitimate. Maybe he was just saying this for the heck of it and his quote got taken out of context. Or maybe this was not too recent and can't be counted as something real, just a far-fetched "rumbling" at Universal. Anyway, here's Alan's ever-so-important quote.

"They had to put [the new DVD] out because they've been selling out of the other one and so Universal's like 'So, let's do another one'. And now… there's now a chance there's going to be another movie."

"Everybody in the Firefly crew – and that includes the ones who died in the movie – are excited about the prospect of doing another."

Obviously if this is a recent quote, then the video is likely made by a fan or from footage that wasn't released in the movies or series. Anyone else find anything on this?

[ April 01, 2008, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Straygaldwyr
Member # 4465

- posted      Profile for Straygaldwyr   Email Straygaldwyr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So April fools then....? Tis not funny to toy with such things, Summer Glau is not to be trifled with.
Posts: 1520 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

Yeah, the trailer may just be someone's April Fool's joke (though what a lot of work for that), but the quote is real enough.
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
Why hasn't anyone else posted this trailer yet? (Granted, it is just a teaser, and doesn't give you an idea on the story line.)

Winner.
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us realized it was April 1st and avoided the obvious attempt(s) at a rick roll [Smile]

And on that topic some cool comic strips that relate

http://www.xkcd.com/396/

http://xkcd.com/351/

LetterRip

[ April 02, 2008, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: LetterRip ]

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewmie
Member # 1179

- posted      Profile for drewmie   Email drewmie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. I'm so pathetic that I'm still googling everywhere to see if there might be some hope.
Posts: 3702 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 682

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought one of the best fan put-ons was when someone posted on a "Charmed" website that the network had indeed decided to produce a ninth season, and that he had been watching it for several weeks now where he lives, and the writers had even found a "clever" way to bring Shannon Doherty back to reprise the role of Prue (who was killed off in the third season). Other posters jumped on him for causing such anguish to newfans who didn't know any better, or have the expertise to fact-check. Of course, even the network it ran on (WB) is now defunct. The network's decision not to produce a ninth season is probably what brought the curse down on them.
Posts: 2645 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kent, normally I think you're great, but today I just wish we could all tickle you until you turn red.
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 682

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The characters who died in the movie could come back in the sequel, if time travel is involved. I just wish Mr. Universe could be saved. Of course, I know he is busy now on NUMB3RS.
Posts: 2645 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The characters who died in the movie could come back in the sequel, if time travel is involved. I just wish Mr. Universe could be saved.
This is the first time I have ever agreed with any position of Ron's. I think the Universe is about to implode.
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page