Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Zeitgeist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zeitgeist
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Zeitgeist yesterday, I was very surprised. I am happy someone publically addressed the Federal Reserve's basic framework, and the founding father's thoughts toward central banking. Has anyone else seen Zeitgeist?

You can watch it free here. Zeitgeist

Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That the American Rebellion was fought to undermine the power of private British banking institutions is an idea I would readily support. Heck, I would have even carried a banner. Nationalise all Banks doesn’t have the same clarion call as No Taxation without Representation. Mind you I wasn’t aware the colonists paid any taxes and that laws like the Currency Act 1764 were largely ignored. So if, as the film seems to imply, the USA has ended up in the hands of private American banking institutions then old Ben Franklin must be spinning in his grave.
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not just private American - private multi-national banks. The Federal reserve board is made up of banking heads from other countries - mostly Germany and GB, IIRC.

Go to youtube and search for G Edward Griffin if you want more on the Fed. You can also go straight to his website - www.freedom-force.org

Excuse me, not mostly made up, but includes several non-US citizens....

[ May 15, 2008, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Colin JM0397 ]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder, sometimes, how these are not the issues discussed at Ornery. Fundamental flaws in U.S. society, economy and culture...interesting.
Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot of out of context or intentionally misleading information in this movie seemingly designed to make a political point. Issues such as the Federal Reserve and World bank have indeed been common topics here, and people have provided a lot of information that disputes this movie's contentions in particular. So other than it being an entertaining, albeit insipid movie what else would you like to discuss about this particular movie?

And who do I see about getting back the two hours of my life that I just wasted on watching this movie?

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loki,

Please! There are boys kissing boys out there! And marrying calculators! Focus man!

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loki
Member # 2312

Oh, KE, I've missed you deeply.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page