Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The Bush Presidency: A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Bush Presidency: A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime
ruo
Member # 5305

- posted      Profile for ruo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bush Presidency: A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

quote:
A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or
a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you
will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is
usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have
come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you
with guidance and support, to aid you physically,
emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a
godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason
you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an
inconvenient time, this person will say or do something
to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, our
desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you
sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount
of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things
you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional
foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the
person, and put what you have learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life. It is said
that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown

As I was thinking about our beloved President Bush I was reminded of how lucky we ALL have been for his having led us these past eight difficult years. And I thought of this poem which describes what he has meant to all of us whether we know it or admit it or not.

He was a blessing to us and his leadership will only grow to be more appreciated with the passage of time. His efforts which have proven to have kept us safe and to keep our enemies on the run, while safeguarding Muslims here at home and fighting for their rights and freedom abroad is the stuff of Presidents of the first order.

Many in the world owe their lives and freedom to the decisions of this greatly misunderestimated servant.

He is a good and decent man who we were lucky to have had for the reasons and the seasons we did and his legacy will live within us the rest of our lives.

Thank you, Mr. President and may God continue to bless you and our great nation.

[ October 13, 2008, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: ruo ]

Posts: 340 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know somebody is going to bite on this one.

As for me, I would thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your opinion.

Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you know, I've been on the fence; I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But I'm finally in the "ruo's a transparent troll" camp.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[LOL]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ruo
Member # 5305

- posted      Profile for ruo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Okay, you know, I've been on the fence; I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But I'm finally in the "ruo's a transparent troll" camp.

And I'm forced to believe that you are unable or unwilling to separate the emotional assessment of GWB from the rational assessment.

Did I read that you are or were a journalist?

[ October 13, 2008, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: ruo ]

Posts: 340 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is any more proff needed that Ruo is a liberal plant? No real person could believe this garbage.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ruo
Member # 5305

quote:
Originally posted by Mynnion:
Is any more proff needed that Ruo is a liberal plant? No real person could believe this garbage.

Are you stepping up to help supply me with another example of the liberal bubble of self delusion?

[Smile]

[ October 13, 2008, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: ruo ]

ruo
Member # 5305

quote:
Originally posted by Haggis:
I know somebody is going to bite on this one.

As for me, I would thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your opinion.

And how gracious of you to thank me.

I return the thanks.

[Smile]

KnightEnder
unregistered

If this is Little John again; Stop it! It's not funny anymore. [Smile] Don't you have some studying to do? Beer to drink? What the hell am I paying for?

KE

ruo
Member # 5305

quote:
Originally posted by KnightEnder:
If this is Little John again; Stop it! It's not funny anymore. [Smile] Don't you have some studying to do? Beer to drink? What the hell am I paying for?

KE

"What the hell am I paying for?"

Bubble Bath?

(To maintain a liberal 'bubble of self-delusion.')

KnightEnder
unregistered

Nah, can't be John, my boy is wittier and cleverer than that.

KE

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He'll bubble you clean with lots of fun...

Just another liberal plant?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(To maintain a liberal 'bubble of self-delusion.')
Could you please tell us how we can know it is the liberals who are self-deluded, and not you? After all, a deluded person would naturally believe that he is the clear thinker, and all others are deluded.

I think that would be an important point to clear up before you continue hammering this particular meme. [Smile]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As I was thinking about our beloved President Bush
[Razz]
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Ruo, how many people have to tell you that you are drunk before you puke yourself and pass out?

Man you are going to have one hell of a hangover come Novermber 4th.

KE

[ October 13, 2008, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bush administration has given new meaning to the term plausible deniability. It is entertaining to see those that deny the plausible. [LOL]
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for Michelle   Email Michelle       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ruo, can I copy this and post it all over the net? [Big Grin] [LOL]
Posts: 800 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"this greatly misunderestimated servant"

Is that what especially caught your eye vis a vis liberal plants, TomD?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that helped.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

That and actually reading the cockamamie thing through, I'll wager.
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As I was thinking about our beloved President Bush I was reminded of how lucky we ALL have been for his having led us these past eight difficult years. And I thought of this poem which describes what he has meant to all of us whether we know it or admit it or not."

Can we vote on who gets to stay on the Island, yet?

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ruo
Member # 5305

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Ruo, can I copy this and post it all over the net? [Big Grin] [LOL]

Feel free to do so. Just make sure they come here to The Ornery American to argue the matter.
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEkTxXhw10
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page