Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2 (Page 38)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
how many men have sufficient love for a baby to subject themselves to the long-term effects that the process of lactating a baby would leave on their physical bodies? that's a toughie.
Not sure this is a valid question. Would the physical prep for male bf'ing mimic the hormonal and emotional journey that precedes female bf'ing? If it did, maybe you'd end up with very mom-like creatures with a Y chromosome - but then would you have 'men'? If you don't do that, the answer isn't about quantity of love, it's about biology.

(I assume your religious/metaphysical views hold for the premise to this question, in which love isn't ultimately about biology.)

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, I'm guessing the mom-like male creatures, pushed into lactating by desperate love for their bunnies deprived of a true-mom-like creature, would still have a lot of affection for their maleness.

(we are thinking of an apocolyptic circumstance in which a man breast fed to save the baby - not anything less than that, because generally women and baby formula abound, ya know.)

It would be strange, because I think of that man with the baby, playing cow, thinking "I love this baby but what if, in the end, I am able to find another female under all the rubble, and she won't like me 'cause me got moobs? Would being the Last Man on Earth be enough to secure the affections of the Last Gal on Earth, if I had moobs?"

[ May 07, 2009, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Kuato ]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lina Inverse:
I see you've never put "male breastfeeding" into the Youtube search engine.

that, was bizarre
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:

Not sure this is a valid question. Would the physical prep for male bf'ing mimic the hormonal and emotional journey that precedes female bf'ing? If it did, maybe you'd end up with very mom-like creatures with a Y chromosome - but then would you have 'men'? If you don't do that, the answer isn't about quantity of love, it's about biology. [/QUOTE]

So, like, I've been out of town. And, like, you know, I want to catch up on what's going on, so I come to the Misc Chat. And I, you know, like read the top post to see wassup, and read this.

It took me way to much time to figure out what you meant by bf'ing (esp since if I'd just read the quote you quoted, scifi, I would have figured it out. But I didn't. And it was all just so very weird.

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[LOL] I must remember not to start a new page with opaque references and abbreviations. (I don't know if I can resist starting a page with transsexual speculation in general though.)
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lina Inverse:
I see you've never put "male breastfeeding" into the Youtube search engine.

Just, no. I dont think anyone in their right minds would just turn around and go "I think i'll put something random into youtube. I know, i'll put male breastfeeding in there, see what comes up!" But then again, how would anyone know theres actually anything on youtube about male breastfeeding if they didnt just randomly put it in there, Hmmmm. *caresses moustache*
I can feel a new Family Guy sketch coming up. Seth McFarlane if you happen to read this, new material for ya. Male breastfeeding, the endless possibilities! Yeahhhhh.

[ May 07, 2009, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kuato:
oh, I'm guessing the mom-like male creatures, pushed into lactating by desperate love for their bunnies deprived of a true-mom-like creature, would still have a lot of affection for their maleness.

(we are thinking of an apocolyptic circumstance in which a man breast fed to save the baby - not anything less than that, because generally women and baby formula abound, ya know.)

It would be strange, because I think of that man with the baby, playing cow, thinking "I love this baby but what if, in the end, I am able to find another female under all the rubble, and she won't like me 'cause me got moobs? Would being the Last Man on Earth be enough to secure the affections of the Last Gal on Earth, if I had moobs?"

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

I just laughed for about 10 minutes straight without hardly stopping for breath at this.
Thank you. Just, thank you.

scouser1
unregistered

cperry, we have had EVERYTHING up on here, did you see all the gross words we had in the thread (of the same name) for vagina?? Then we moved onto boobs? I totally love random moments like that [Big Grin]
Kuato
Member # 6445

scouser, yerrelcome.
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, I think really you just need to ask the male of interest what HE would like you to do with his nipples.

There's a lot of nerve endings in there, is all I'm saying. "

I've never gotten more than 5 seconds of pleasure out of those things before they became useless. Now women's nipples are useful - suizhe shuo "wo hen haokan", bingjie nuren xihuan touchy touchy

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure it also depends on the male.

That's why we ask!

(what in the world are all those words you said?)

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Scouser,

Too late. In that Family Guy episode Stewie ends up with one of Peters nipple hairs in his mouth. The disgust displayed by Stewie once he realized what he did and what was in his mouth was hilarious if disturbing. [Smile]

KE

Kuato
Member # 6445

**** feelin' my oats today ****

T'was my pleasure to give a state agency a much needed lobotomy, using their own record, yesterday.

They are still figuring out how I did it.

Damn, but I do get satisfaction from my work.

scouser1
unregistered

Its already been in Family Guy? Is there a Family Guy i've missed with something in it as such? Can it be?? [Eek!]
Is it in the new series of episodes on in America now though or is it a bit old?
Cos i'm biding my time to watch the new lot until theres quite a few to watch rather than one every week, thats for mere mortals [Razz]

OpsanusT, I can see from your words that youre intrigued [Big Grin]
I must admit I made the lists, but only cos I was bored. Heh. If you can think of any more just add it on, tey is always welcome man [Big Grin]

Gross words thread, courtesy of TommyS

scouser1
unregistered

I love that little tongue smiley, hes kind cute!
[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Yay for Clever Kuato [Wink]

Kuato
Member # 6445

[Cool]
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Tales from the Crazy Life of Kenmeer:

I just yelled out the crossing guard. We live just off a very busy corner, major n/s arterial and increasingly busy de facto major e/w arterial. No stop sign although its needed one for at least 10 years.

Now that I've got the doggie fence built to the point where my dogs can be outside if I'm there (it needs to be heightened a foot or two so they don't eventiually discover the high jump and get run over, I let the little dogs out around schooltime so the schoolkids can enjoy the cute wee puppies behind the green&yellow picket fence with the blooming daffodils they steal every year.

(I have FIVE dogs: three are ours; two are dogs we're caring for indefinitely due to others' hardships.)

The youngest and jumpiest of the 2 "grandpuppies", daughter-and-girlfriend's tiny dachshund 1/2breeds we've taken over for them since daughter is basically disabled and her girlfriend, too: she has a knee that requires major surgery and will have it as soon as cadaver tissue is available) and lives in a place now where she can't have them... this little mutt ran into the street as I let them into the yard so they could make the schoolkids passing by happy. (They're tres cute.) I'd forgotten I'd left the gate open per some gardening work in progress.

So the littlest and youngest dog, Sinn, runs into this busy rush hour w/ schoolkids crossing street traffic. She is completely and uwnittingly suicidal regarding cars and streets. Doesn't get it at ALL.

Across the street in the schoolyard, the kids corral her for me (I gave them herding instructions. They were awesome.)

Once I had Sinn in my hands, I picked her up by her scruff and yelled at her fiercely -- the only language retard puppies understand in such circumstances. I had to deliver the message *then*, of course, so she would associate my anger/her fear with being outside the fence without a human and a leash. (I told the kids briefly, "Kids, this ain't gonna be pretty but she's gotta learn.)"

Next thing I know this short dumpy middle-aged crossing gal is telling me in her church lady voice:

"Sir, don't yell at the dog in front of the kids." and so on.

I said to her as calmly as possible for a 53-yr old 1/2 cripple out of breath after chasing a dog in insane traffic:

"Ma'am, I don't want that dog to die. I have to teach it now. Do you want the kids to see a dog squished in front of their eyes or do you want them to see me yell at it?"

But she goes on. So I pulled out my fave new trick. I roar:

"I don't give a **** what you think!"

I add:

"I bet you go to church. You worship Christ, don't you? You ****ing dumbass moron." (Meaning not the worship of Christ but her inability to follow one of Christ's basic teaching: MYOFB: Mind Your Own ****ing Business)

Understand that she'd left her crossing post and walked over 20 yards to mind my business while insane traffic went by and a ton of kids clustered on the sidewalk just 1 foot away from traffic that stays mere inches away from the curb, leaving one obviously distracted 10-yr old girl to keep those kids safe.

Sinn deposited to safety, I returned to the school to speak to the principal who, coincidentally, was now there. (Hmmm...?)

She knows me from when I volunteered with kids (including DI kids who liked to pick my nose for me back when this could be done without me bleeding all over them... I'm known as a patient loving involved parent if indeed a bit colorful). I told her that my grandpuppy had escaped, the kids had nicely captured her for me, I had to discipline the dog fiercely then and there because I live on this busy corner and I don't want the dear dog to die and puppies require immediacy in discipline to get the point, yes?, and this crossguard left her station to chew me out and in so doing abandoned her post of safeguarding the kids in MY neighborhood, thus I yelled at her quite forcefully. If I had it to do again I would have added, "Just like I have to yell at my dear little puppie with brain damage (parvo febver as a pup) in order for it to learn basic street safety, so with your dumbass crossguard. Get another please."

Almost as frustrating as engaging in thoughtfully measured debate with many of Ornery's older participating members, but not quite.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
""I bet you go to church. You worship Christ, don't you? You ****ing dumbass moron." (Meaning not the worship of Christ but her inability to follow one of Christ's basic teaching: MYOFB: Mind Your Own ****ing Business)"

... I love you

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

You had to do it, as you say they have to learn right and wrong now before they end up splatidy-splat on the pavement [Frown]

My tom cat went miising for a whole month. He was written off as dead or worse (worse being the little scallies round here torturing poor defenceless animals for fun). He has a collar tag with our phone number on in case and is chipped.
We looked up and down the streets almost every night in search for him, each night coming back with a hurt heart when our searched proved to be fruitless.
Then we recieved a phone call from a great lady that had seen him running around with stray cats in her area, and realising that he had a collar on decided to coax him in her house with food (he's a big cat that eats everything, including q-tips). This woman lived across the main road that we live off. The silly bloody bugger had decided he was goin to be brave and run across the main road to have some sort of catty adventure, only to find he couldnt get back over the road to come home. So he just stayed where he was. Now we cant get rid of him. He stays around our back yard and as soon as you call him hes there. Just as i've wrote that last sentance he's come strolling in, and is now using my lap as a pillow. I think his kitty senses have told him that i'm talking about him [Smile]

scouser1
unregistered

OK, heres another top 10, but this time its a guys one (but obviously the gals can join in too, well its kinda about both but yeah [Big Grin] )

Brought to you from match.com and MSN:

10 things you didn't realise she liked about you

Personally i've only ever had 2 of them, but one about callin the AA out?? WTF? [LOL]

KnightEnder
unregistered

The best cat I've ever had, and I've had two great cats, got out and drank antifreeze. This cat would come like a dog when you called, and one time I heard this loud muling coming from the kitchen and he, Luke, had broken off half a chicken leg in his mouth. The sharp point was jammed into the roof of his mouth and the end was wedged against his front teeth. He was clearly calling for me and he sat there motionless as I put my fingers in his mouth and pulled the bone out. It was stuck tight, and it had to be painful, I was sure he was going to bite me (if nothing else out of instinct), but he never uttered a word or moved at all.

He used to lie on my chest and massage my arms and sleep on my back at night. I'm a dog person, but man I miss that cat.

That was the worst time of my life. I was out of work and we were staying at my mother-in-law's and we lost my son's dog, my wife's dog, and my cat died. As close to the edge as I've ever been. [Frown] Thank goodness I hung in there for the kids cause things are better than ever now. Except for getting old, and I guess you can't have everything. [Smile]

KE

[ May 08, 2009, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anti-freeze is a tool of the devil.

I feel for you KE.

Here's the letter I just emailed to the school principal:

Dear Principal:

This Friday morning the 8th of April, I spoke to you about an incident involving a tiny rust-colored dachshund, myself, the neighborhood kids, and a crossing guard at the post that our precious Candi (sp?) has attended so magnificently for years. (Praise in exaggerated terms completely sincere: Candi is AWESOME.)

Now, I don't expect Candi's replacement to be as good as her, but I do expect her to stay at her post: protecting kids from traffic (and abductors and the like), not leaving her post to mind someone else's business because she doesn't like the way I yell at a wee doggie in front of the kids.

Note: wee doggie survived parvovirus as a puppy and the heavy fever probably caused brain damage. Dog ain't all there, ma'am. But it is dearly beloved by my daughter who has experienced painful disability (CRPS, like Kristi Kondo has) and has been forced by the resulting poverty to beg her parents to take her dog (and that of her girlfriend roommate as well) in for however long -- which might be forever, considering the nature of CRPS, the paucity of disability income, and the dearth of dog-friendly apartments at basement prices.

For that tiny doggie to be squished by traffic would break my daughter's heart. Tiny dogs with tiny brains probably damaged by a week of nearly lethal fever can only learn not to dash into the street (which they will on occasion despite all the best precautions unless they learn otherwise) by immediate and ferocious negative reinforcement.

I fear, alas, the same may be true of this new crossing guard. Hence my fierce yelling in her face. Perhaps -- perhaps -- she learned something this morning?

I hope so.

Yes, I used what is called foul language.

I am rather fond of free expression. Some might dislike that I used such language in front of their kids. Whatever. They're words. What I would not do is speak to those kids of inappropriate sexual matters, or gruesome violences, or tell them lies. I used to volunteer at jefferson, and within its environs respected those social conventions about 'bad language' and similar matters, because social reality would make it foolish to do otherwise.

But outside, on the street or sidewalk, I behave as I deem fit.

Why do I tell you these extraneous things? Minorly, of course, for my ego. I want people to think of me as a decent chap even if I do not always behave in the manner most people agree upon as being "nice". But majorly, because it is useful information for person in your employ to use in understanding that people whose behavior they think isn't "nice" are not nec essarily people whose business they should mind. This is both because sometimes those people they think aren't "nice" are the kind of people who would do for free what they are paid to do, and also because sometimes those people aren't merely not "nice" but perhaps genuinely dangerous.

Either way, stay at your post and guard the kids, eh?

Sincerely,

Kenmeer Livermaile

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

Unfortunate word choice quote of the day. As you might know KFC recently launched (to Oprah-size hype) a grilled chicken product. This article is about a taste test challenge from rival chain El Pollo Loco:
quote:
KFC says it is looking into the charge. "We've been grilling our employees to see if anyone's done any undercover dialing," Mr. Maynard said

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

We find they tend to crack faster under high-pressure broasting, however...
TommySama
Member # 2780

From TheSuperficial:

quote:
Miss California might be stripped of her title for making unauthorized appearances campaigning against gay marriage and posing nude while underage. For those keeping score at home, add "jaiblait porn" to the list of things Jesus approves of besides gay marriage.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I rather enjoyed watching her train wreck approach in the distance between the converging railroad tracks of her squeaky clean thighs.

But it's all good publicity. Should get her a nice Playboy spread, at least.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Welcome newest member Grayhair! What an awesome handle!
Kuato
Member # 6445

Ms CA posed Nude? And she wants to tell people about her morals and how she was raised?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Well, she didn't pose in a *lesbian* SETTING, SEE? (dck) So it's cool, see? (I wanna see, see?)
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there something immoral about posing for a picture, Munga?
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

Her pictures, unfortunately, weren't published. I think its something most models do at some point, but I'm not really sure why... The problem was that she didn't tell anybody at the pageant about it.

I don't know what the big moral difference between a woman wearing a bikini for a contest, and a woman posing without the top of that bikini is, but it certainly upsets a lot of Christians when women pose nude. I think it has more to do with the women being distractions from God for men. I don't think there is much concern about women being viewed in a diminutive way.

Kuato
Member # 6445

quote:
Originally posted by Paladine:
Is there something immoral about posing for a picture, Munga?

Maybe me thinkin there is something about spouting a popular moral code and breakin it yourself.
scouser1
unregistered

For whoever mentioned Britain's very own Jordan in a previous thread (that for some reason I cant locate!), she is now officially back on the market.
Anyone wanna tap that?? Thought not [Big Grin]

scouser1
unregistered

And in other news, Boy George has been let out of prison for good behaviour Hoorah! [Big Grin]
KnightEnder
unregistered

quote:
Her pictures, unfortunately, weren't published. I think its something most models do at some point, but I'm not really sure why...
Umm, I think it has something to do with being young, naive, ambitious, and a little bit tipsy. There are a lot of...I was gonna say bad men but I think I'll just say 'men'...that will take advantage of that convergence of circumstances. I think she was seventeen and it was just pictures so he should just go to jail not be shot. See Tom, look how far I've come!

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Let she who is without pornographic photos cast the first stone!

Ken, we had a wonderful crossing guard all through my boys elementary years. I bought him small gifts or gave him small amounts of money out of gratitude for his service every year around Christmas.

Spare the rod spoil the pooch. A few harsh words and a quick swat on the behind is far preferable to being run down by a two ton automobile. Whether it be pooch or child.

KE

TommySama
Member # 2780

KE, were you telling me to see how far you've come? I think its wonderful that naked pictures of her exist. Look at her. The real crime is that we can't see the naked pictures
scifibum
Member # 945

Maybe they didn't turn out very well.

I don't care if someone wants to take their clothes off and record it for posterity (Posteriors for Posterity, there's a cause I could get behind), and then have ideas about what is and isn't moral for others to do. A little irony does inhere if a poster child for the religious right does something the group considers naughty, though. It's their fault for not vetting their heroes a little better. [Wink]

(Actually, on a more serious note, it's stupid that anyone thinks they can undermine a cause by finding flaws in its spokesmen. And equally stupid to pose as a paragon of virtue instead of just presenting your argument for what is virtuous.)

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"(Posteriors for Posterity, there's a cause I could get behind)"

[!RimShot!TripleEntendreBonusScore!]

scouser1
unregistered

Well, it certainly beats her trying to tackle world peace ey [Big Grin]

So what shes done a few nude shots and has a few opinions on things she should maybe stay out of. A few years ago Miss England winner Danielle Lloyd, (who BTW is also a big slag that tells lies about people and slept with every single one of my friend's brothers friends, and is working her way round nearly every member of Tottenham Hotspur football club as we speak. I kid you not) she was "knobbing off" (the Daily Star's choice words, not mine) one of the judges to get through. (Who, co-incidentally was also an ex-Tottenham Hotspur player. Maybe this is where she got the "taste" for footballers. I dread to think.) Now if thats not getting up the celebrity Z-List ladder with gusto I dont know what is.

Edited to add: damn, forgot the link to the story of her allegedly being punched in the face! Silly me!
She deserves a hell of a lot more than that in my opinion. Syphillis maybe...

Biatch gets popped!

[ May 11, 2009, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  76  77  78   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page