Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALERT ALERT: NOT FOR YOUNGER READERS******

I wish you women could be a man for just a day. I know it's probably hormones or endorphins but there is no comparison between a man that is having sex regularly and one who is not. It just makes you 'feel' great. Confident and fulfilled all in one. And I'm talking about afterwards. I think if y'all got that a lot more wives would be having sex more often with the men they love.

Plus, it is a win win for the wife. If the husband is good it's a win win win. The husband feels better thus treats her better, wants to provide for her and succeed as a man, and well you get the third "win" for the lady.

I realize this is some trick our bodies play on us to keep the population growing, but it sure is one of the better tricks.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, what makes you think that's only men?

(PLUS, for women having sex releases the bonding hormones, which actually makes you like your sex partner more in general, which is useful.)

There is a really beautiful Finnish poem that I keep up on the wall. Someone who actually speaks Finnish translated it and sent it to me; it goes like this:

Your scent lingers within me for days;
For days, I love myself.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE,

I got nothing, other than an observation that some dudes just like scaling mountains, and that having big muscles offers psychological benefits in social situations, I think.

Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Storm, yeah: then my Ornery addiction could lead to some physical fitness benefits. Wanna reload that page? Pump those pedals, buddy.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, heh. [Smile]
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-11-18-n90.html
caladbolg1125
Member # 3666

- posted      Profile for caladbolg1125   Email caladbolg1125   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE,

I've been thinking about my own personal sexual philosophy (guess what I've not been getting any of).

But still, I think its better to have thought about this than not.

Conditions under which I will have sex with someone in the order at which they occur to me:
1. Physical attraction (Duh!)
2. Trust
3. Ability to obtain/use protection
4. Recognition of the other person that sex is not a commodity to be traded for good behavior but an expression of lust and perhaps even love to be given freely
5. Privacy (Oy that's a hard one (no pun intended) to get when you still live with your parents)
6. Comparing each other's list of conditions for coitus

That's all I can think of right now...

I may start a thread about this later.

Posts: 615 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

"5. Privacy (Oy that's a hard one (no pun intended) to get when you still live with your parents)"

Wait...what?

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My roommate would always walk in on me and girls last year. All I ever walked in on him doing was cutting himself. Awk-ward!
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it true that a grand jury in Texas has indicted Cheney and Gonzalez?
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Ace Frehley sang "The New York Groove"? Wow, I didn't even know he could sing. Much less a really good song like that. New respect.

KE

hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A review of the day's news on Proposition 8 shows everyone waiting for the California Supreme Court to decide whether to consider the various lawsuits. Meanwhile some sane partisans were calling for considered and lawful behavior, while various lunatics on both sides continued to propose actions which would be useless or harmful.

Meanwhile an email from OrneryMod on an unrelated subject mentioned incidentally that he, she, it or they were having difficulties which made it hard to keep up with the flood of material related to Ornery. Perhaps posters could help by stopping short of open warfare until that individual or consortium regains an accustomed feistiness. Since the position is unpaid, it seems unfair to make it harder than necessary.

Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

It would be fascinating to see who has sent OM the most complaints.
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought we were doing pretty darn good. This shows me I guess.

[ November 19, 2008, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, munga, I did not mean to suggest Ornery had not been peaceful. Surely more so than when tempers ran high before the election. If I seemed to be saying the opposite, that was careless of me.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gotcha, no skin off my nose anyway
Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I was thinking the same thing; it seems to be going pretty smooth. But sometimes you think that and there is a thermal global nuclear war going on in a thread you care nothing about and don't even notice until it is locked. [Smile]

Anybody else watch "Entourage" on HBO? I love that show.

KE

scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entourage is a fun show but...

it teaches me wrong things about what is desirable in life. There, I said it. It's unwholesome.

I still watch it, though. [Smile]

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entourage peaked a while ago, unless there's a new good story arc in the works. The Medellin parts were fun, tho I don't know how realistic Billy the director's character is.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPORE is a really cool game.
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

Do you like all of it? Others have suggested it doesn't get good until you reach space.
KnightEnder
unregistered

Took my dad and Jake to see Quantum Solace. As a action shoot'em up it was good. As a James Bond film, it wasn't. Not wasn't good, wasn't a James Bond Film.

SPOILERS****************************

No gadgets, no plot (especially if you didn't see the previous one), and worse NO BOND GIRLS! One semi-hot chick does not a Bond film make. I saw twenty times as many hot chicks walking in the mall the other day.

I swear I could have been watching The Bourne Conspiracy, or Shoot'em Up, (Except they were both better) or any of a dozen other such movies. There was nothing Bondish about this movie, other than "M". Judy Dench was good as always in her limited appearances. Q wasn't even in it. Unless I blinked or dozed off.

Edited to add: And don't get me started on the "time line". Prequel yet after Cold War and the few tech things they did have they stole from Minority report. At one point there was a super fast black jet trying to shoot down a crippled B 17 and it had a propellor? What? Not to mention you get into a dog fight with a jet in a B 17 with no gunners and no guns and you are dead. And damn the bad guys are bad shots. Not even a nick?

Other than that I loved it. [Frown]

KE

[ November 20, 2008, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard it is a remake of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" With George Lazenby, Diana Rigg, Telly Savalas. Its the one where Bloefeld appears with S.P.E.C.T.E..R for the first time. And he gets married, only to have his wife die in the last scene. Next movie has Sean Connery back as Bond gone rouge tracking down Bloefeld to exact revenge.

Heard the latest was a combo of the two movies.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

re: changing of the guard......

Personally, I would rather have Stray and Cperry than our current complement of replacement-viewpoint representatives.

Stray and C were more respectful.

TommySama
Member # 2780

"No gadgets, no plot (especially if you didn't see the previous one), and worse NO BOND GIRLS! One semi-hot chick does not a Bond film make. I saw twenty times as many hot chicks walking in the mall the other day."

Didn't say, "Bond, James Bond." at any point in the movie.

munga
Member # 6006

no one but Connery ever really pulled that line off, anyway
TommySama
Member # 2780

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6P5qF072k
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Munga, you mean cherry(poptart). cperry is a mellow and venerated poster, albeit to the right of the mythical center.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

quote:
Originally posted by TommySama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6P5qF072k

"Two thumbs up-- way up!"
"Four stars!"
"A triumph!"
"It's like a party in my pants!"

munga
Member # 6006

Ricky,

aye, you are right. Sorry for the mix up folks. alliteratively challenged.

on BOND:

Why I am Better than BOND

Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

http://www.reason.com/news/show/130174.html

quote:

WASHINGTON—In the wake of their party's devastating losses in the last election, a delegation of Republican leaders has come to Capitol Hill requesting a rescue package of $25 billion. "We're seeing a potential meltdown in the conservative movement," party chair Mike Duncan told lawmakers Thursday morning, "with consequences that could impact directly upon millions of middle-class Americans and cause further devastation to our economy. I support the free market, but the Republican Party is too big to fail."

Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

Words of wisdom from the genius behind the 'Laffer Curve', and others.

Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, KE. I was having a hard time putting into words why I didn't like the new Bond flick, aside from 'it's a middle movie; the plot is all set-up.' But you're right; it didn't really seem like a Bond movie...
Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

I know a lot of you on the left are all full of warmth and sunshine right now, but a lot of you seem to have lost much of your innate human decency.
RickyB
Member # 1464

Look, I forgot you'd been through a disaster (nor did I "know well" about the particulars. I don't study your life), and I'm sorry I reminded you of it.
munga
Member # 6006

Red,

I'm happier than ever professionally, right now. I don't see certain disasters on the horizon, Summers might have a key position and I know he's got a particular idea (creation of capital on indication of products) far better than any conservative. Also, we are looking at possibly a requirement for equal access to the domestic civil contract, "marriage" and I don't think anyone can really think that is bad.

warmth and sunshine? Yep! come in and feel the rays!

[ November 23, 2008, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

If I titled a story/novel "The Revolt of the Mayflies" would that be giving too much away?

KE

Redskullvw
Member # 188

Well seeing as Mayflies live for about 24 hours, any revolt they have would be doomed to failure.
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anybody tell me if this works?
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

It seems to be working.
  This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  76  77  78   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page