Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2 (Page 40)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that we might have joy
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have deeply pleased a certain seven year old
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFerrin is an angel.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon Stewart recently said “Turning to a country gayer than our own – Great Britain. “ I suppose he meant that the British are cheerful, light-hearted, lively and merry. Well I’d like to thank Jon for that fulsome and unambiguous tribute.
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learnt a new term recently, well new to me anyway. It was Roast. I came across it in reference to William Shatner performs Classics . Looking further back I came to Orson Roasts Dean . I found this really entertaining and witty. When I looked, albeit at a very small section, at present day Roasts these seemed mainly to consist of knob jokes and an audience of minor celebrities laughing only when the camera was on them. Have these Roasts lost the art to insult gracefully or has humour passed me by.
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave at Work:
While I find her to sometimes be funny and entertaining, I also find her personality to always be grating. I can only take so much of her brand of humor.

I do like Rosie's humour (take a look at my comedy dvd collection and you will see why) but it's just her voice that goes through me after a while and I had to switch her off. About as irritating as grating nipples with a cheese grater [Eek!]

[ May 14, 2009, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite an image scouser. I can think of much better, and more pleasant, things to do with nipples than using a cheese grater on them.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Is Surok the Vulcan Ghandi? Christ? MLK?

KE

[ May 14, 2009, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean Sarek?
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

Surok is a character in RuneScape. Sarek is the father of Spock and Vulcan ambassador to Earth in Star Trek.

I'm not really certain what historical or cultural influences Gene Roddenberry drew on when he created Sarek. That would be an interesting question to know the answer to.

[ May 14, 2009, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Dave at Work ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

OK. Kenmeer be officially gone for a goodly while. Anyone want to engage me, hit me privately. Not to argue stuff but if you want to just palaver.

Any writers (like scifibum, for example) want to bounce their stuff offa me et vice versa, I especially welcome that. I'll be deep in creative writing frenzy mode.

"About as irritating as grating nipples with a cheese grater"

Thassa keeper. I'll miss ye, scouser. Keep them knockers up, y'hear!

Dave at Work
Member # 1906

Good luck Kenmeer. Don't be a stranger for too long this time.
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a wannabe writer, not a writer. If it changes I'll certainly want feedback and will take you up on the offer, kl.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, KL. You know I go through withdrawals. Intermittent pings would also be really welcome.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Surok was the Vulcan who thousands of years ago brough logic and reason to the Vulcans thus saving them from their emotional and war-like ways.

KE

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKWApOAG2g

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ May 14, 2009, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: TommySama ]

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please edit Tommy! the length of your scream is is breaking the board!
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you, punkin
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

Thanks sweetie.
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye - bye, Kenmeer.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

NOOOOOOO!!!! You cant go Ken, i've grown attatched to you now. Like a person gets attatched to a hamster [Frown]

[ May 14, 2009, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

scouser1
unregistered

Im about to watch a programme that tries to discover all about how humans left Africa to colonise the world. I've been told its an interesting piece so I think i'll give it a whirl [Smile]
Kuato
Member # 6445

The best thing about my birthday today, was that the waitress guessed that I was turning 25.

But maybe she just wanted a good tip.

Anyway, it was fun.

KnightEnder
unregistered

Happy Birthday, Munga.

The Rockets Win, Again!

Beat LA without Yao or Mutombo, our two centers, or T-Mac, our star player! Game 7 Sunday.

KE

Dave at Work
Member # 1906

Happy Birthday Munga.

If you count your age the way I do then you would be 21. I celebrate my 21st birthday every year. This past January I celebrated the 18th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

[ May 15, 2009, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Dave at Work ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Farrah Fawcett is dying. That sucks.

I should have posted this on the "Is Gay a Choice" thread. Show me a boy that didn't have her poster on his wall in the 70's or 80's and I'll show you a boy with no choice.

KE

Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no [Frown]
Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I know. They have a pic of her famous poster on Fox News front page. Made me feel sick. She's only 62. Never heard of anybody dying from anal cancer. How do you get that?

KE

Kuato
Member # 6445

I always thought that was a part of anatomy you could, with the help of a colostomy, cut completely out.

poor lady

Kuato
Member # 6445

I am furious.

I can't tell ya'all exactly why, but I am furious.

Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE, the Vulcan you are looking for is Surak. The placement of vowels really matters, because for a while every Vulcan name began with S and ended with K. [Wink]

I suppose he'd be the Vulcan Christ (in that he was showing a path to better living, not the path towards not being stomped on by occupiers) in a completely non-religious way. I suspect that it would be more accurate to describe him as a Vulcan Buddha.

The idea is not pacifism. Vulcans fight wars and serve as security officers. The idea is self-control.

Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Anyone seen the trailer for the new GI Joe film? Looks good (and Channing Tatum does too! *drools*) WOOF!!! [Big Grin]
KnightEnder
unregistered

I saw the trailer for GI Joe before Star Trek. Dr. Who is going to be in it! It looks really good. Like I said; the really seem to have this movie stuff figured out. Even Transformers was good. And I hated that tv show.

Just this minute finished watching a show called "Deterrent" with Timothy Hutton and Kevin Pollak about Uda Hussein picking up where his dad left off and invading Kuwait, again. This movie was released in 1999 so a lot of things have changed since then but it was still a really good movie. I highly recommend it

I'm glad I will never be president. The responsibility is just unfathomable. And how anyone can set aside their feelings and choose the 'correct' course of action is beyond me. Especially when circumstances are such that there is NO correct course of action. Only strategies and tactics. And millions of lives hanging in the balance. [Frown]

KE

TommySama
Member # 2780

GI Joe looks absolutely ridiculous, KE.

GirlfriendSama went home for the week to her parent's house, and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to let me stay at her place for the week.

Conditions: "Are you planning on cheating on me over the course of next week?" "No." "Ok, but don't let it get messier than it already is."

[ May 17, 2009, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: TommySama ]

scifibum
Member # 945

Why would you (or she*) want you to stay at her place instead of your normal place of staying?

Does she have female roommates? If so this is probably some sort of passive aggressive test.

*Can you believe I wrote "or her" before the edit? 32 years old and still haven't internalized the personal pronoun rules sufficiently.

[ May 18, 2009, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: scifibum ]

scouser1
unregistered

Chris Eccleston has a bit of a weird voice in it, but i'm told its because the character does anyway. Dont actually know if hes got the accent down but hey-ho [LOL] Still love him though. Nice Salford-born boy [Big Grin]

I dont think it looks ridiculous at all. If anything about it is ridiculous, its casting Sienna Miller in it, the backstabbing, cheating, marriage splitter, home wrecking hoe. [Mad]

TommySama
Member # 2780

Well technically I live with my dad and his spouse, but I've pretty much been living with her for the last 3 months. I'm actually getting an apartment in August though [Smile] (and no it is just her and me)
scifibum
Member # 945

Oh that makes sense.

I hope you're helping her with the rent, cad.

scouser1
unregistered

Dont know if anyone on here are big fans or not, but just been looking back on my fave youtube vids and how boss was Brad Pitt getting kidnapped by the Jackass crew?? Soooo believable! [LOL] (I'm sorry, I have a warped sense of humour, please forgive me [Big Grin] )
TommySama
Member # 2780

Nope, her parents pay that. I buy the food
  This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  76  77  78   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page