Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat - Part 2
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I hope it's Dr Who you're seeing.
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. [Smile]
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RickyB:
Munga, you mean cherry(poptart). cperry is a mellow and venerated poster, albeit to the right of the mythical center.

And here I thought I was so mellow no one could tell where I stood. [Wink]

I actually like the notion of a mythical center. [Smile] It makes me imagine unicorns, faeries, and wizards.

[ November 24, 2008, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: cperry ]

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Red. That is perfectly logical, but far enough away that it is a good title without giving too much away.

Cool Athelstan. Anybody; what does "Allonzi" mean in English?

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Banned Commercial
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2008/11/19_challenged_ballots/

What people who do vote recounts have to consider.

Kind of horrifying and amusing, all at once.

Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sad that you can screw up such a simple ballot so much that it could be ambiguous.

quote:
This Beltrami County voter cast their ballot for Al Franken, but also put "Lizard People" as a write-in candidate, not only in the U.S. Senate race, but for several others. The county auditor/treasurer ruled that the vote should not be counted because it's considered an overvote. Representatives for Franken challenged that decision. (MPR Photo/Tom Robertson)

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

Good news! I am legally eligible to buy a tactical shotgun.

*Hopes for a zombie attack*

Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

RAMPAGE!
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KnightEnder:
Anybody; what does "Allonzi" mean in English?

KE

Well, if you're talking the French "Allons-y" (pronounced the way you spelled your word), then it means "Let's go."
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TommySama:
Pretty sad that you can screw up such a simple ballot so much that it could be ambiguous.

quote:
This Beltrami County voter cast their ballot for Al Franken, but also put "Lizard People" as a write-in candidate, not only in the U.S. Senate race, but for several others. The county auditor/treasurer ruled that the vote should not be counted because it's considered an overvote. Representatives for Franken challenged that decision. (MPR Photo/Tom Robertson)

Ha ha ha...

Lizard People.

Best whacked out theory ever.

Speaking of secret lizards who appear to be human and are taking over the world, anyone know anything about the "V" remake?

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

Dear God, for a second there, I thought you were saying that they were remaking V for Vendetta.
canadian
Member # 1809

[Big Grin]
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aaaah, every once and a while I get to take the bad guys out and really beat 'em. That's not an everyday kind of joy because the idiots have to assemble their own track record (in government, that is usually repeat non-performance) but in the end, it is very satisfying in a zit-popping way.

The real test will be not how many public officials get fired, but how many bad things are changed for good. So, on many things, still waiting.

[ November 25, 2008, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still giving them hell, I see. [Smile]

I'm 11 hours into what might be a 13 hour workday. Sigh. If only I didn't procrastinate.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're remaking "V"? Seriously?

Wow. They're going to wreck it. [Wink]

Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine how they could improve on this.

(I really don't even need to see the original...It's enough to see the leather leotards.)

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best part was the hybrid baby
Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, scifibum, there are barely any pictures there. For the full impact, you really do need to see it. [Smile]

(I only saw the miniseries.)

munga: [Smile]

Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

equal access to civil contracts for hybrid lizard babies!
Chael
Member # 2436

But munga, that's a slippery slope! Next you'll be wanting it for livestock!
munga
Member # 6006

"I've heard the screams of the vegetables!"

Everyone needs a cause, babe. We've got 350 million to ennoble with greater purpose!

Chael
Member # 2436

That's marvelous, munga. It helps that they can sing in harmony. [Wink]
munga
Member # 6006

HERE is a slippery slope.... maybe

of course, in order for this example to BE a slippery slope, one must accept the notion that the neighbor had more value than the dog. As I'm not sold on that, the slopiness (slopy, not sloppy, mind) is debateable.

[ November 26, 2008, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: munga ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

I really liked "V" (Visitors) back in the day. Poor Hamsters. But I was very young.

A modern hard-core version might be worth making. At least IMO. I'd watch it.

Merci, Canadian.

KE

[ November 26, 2008, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I had the weirdest dream last night. For some reason, a whole bunch of Orneryites were stranded together. It was not an intentional OrneryCon -- but dreams being what they are, I don't know why we were there. But everyone was there! We started a rock-type, because we were bored and we could, I guess.

It's the first time I've dreamed of you folks!

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Savage violates Godwin's Law. He's done it before, but this time even I had to laugh at him:
quote:
When I woke up this morning and I read that the government, whoever they are -- that means this group of cretins from Yale and Harvard -- agreed to bail out their friends from Yale and Harvard to the tune of $7.1 trillion, I started running around the house saying, "It's Weimar Germany all over again." It's Weimar Germany all over again. It doesn't look like that, but it's liable to become like that.

What do I mean by Weimar Germany? Well, socially, we're far worse -- more degenerate than Weimar Germany. At least in Weimar Germany, men couldn't marry men and women couldn't marry women. So we're probably 10 leagues below the degeneracy that brought about Hitler. We're probably 50 leagues below the degeneracy that brought about Hitler. We are the sickest, most disgusting country on the earth, and we are psycholo -- psychotically -- we are psychotic as a nation.

It's a psychotic nation when the attorney general of the state of California, when the senator from the state of California named Dianne Feinstein, when the governor from the state of California who posed as a strongman gets up there and says that homosexuals have a right to marry that's equal to a man and a woman, they're insane. They are fundamentally insane.

He's probably right in his first paragraph, though ...
Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We started a rock-type, because we were bored and we could, I guess."

What??

Like Gneiss or Peridotite or something?

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

quote:
Originally posted by Lobo:
"We started a rock-type, because we were bored and we could, I guess."

What??

Like Gneiss or Peridotite or something?

LOL. rock-type band. OOPS. [LOL]
scifibum
Member # 945

Gneiss would be a good name for an Ornery band. Whenever things get contentious we could "play Gneiss" to celebrate.
KnightEnder
unregistered

I think I got suckered by a 90 year old Mexican woman yesterday. She was walking through a big field of mud beside the interstate and not making much progress. Probably would have taken her two hours to cross the field.

So, I stop and ask if she needs a ride, in my broken Spanish. She says yes and I help her up into my Dodge Ram. Then she says she is heading to the hospital but her kids are at work so they couldn't take her.

So, I take her to the first hospital on the list, but she says she needs to go to the other one. So, I take her to the other one, and on the way there we pass the Mall and she asks me to let her out there. So I did.

She was very grateful and everything, but if she wanted a ride to the Mall she should have just said so. Although it was about ten miles from where I picked her up.

I'm hoping one of her kids worked there and she was going to get him to take her, it was around lunchtime.

Does Buddha keep up with the Karma for God or how does that work? [Smile]

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

"God Complex"
cperry
Member # 1938

I like it, Scifi.

God or no god, KE, you're almost always better for having been nice. [Smile]

scifibum
Member # 945

KE, do you think maybe she just got confused or didn't really know where she wanted to go?
KnightEnder
unregistered

Could be. Her Mexican was from Mexico City Mexico and not Tex/Mex so there is no telling. She seemed happy when I dropped her off and maybe I at least saved her 'some' walking.

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Free Tommy Chong!
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

Has he ben arrested again?
KnightEnder
unregistered

No, he spent 9 months for being TRICKED into shipping a 'bong', not mj, a 'bong', to Pennsylvania.

It was ****ing crazy. But I hope we haven't seen the last of Cheech and Chong.

Ashcroft named Mary Beth Buchannon, the woman that entrapped Tommy Chong, the director of all 94 District Attorneys in America before he retired. "You're doing a heck of a job Mary Jane. Oops, I mean Mary Beth.

Nine months for being famous. (His son actually sold the bong after being harassed and he took the time to spare his boy.)

The moral is; If The Man wants to get you The Man is going to get you.

KE

Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

Yeah, I knew he'd been arrested once. I just thought you were saying he'd been arrested again.

I'm really hoping decriminalization of marijuana is on the horizon. If it doesn't happen with this president and this incoming congress, then I don't know when it will.

munga
Member # 6006

Therapy time:

(that means, beware I am going to vent)

I hate conservatives. That's all there is to it. I dislike the ones in office, because they are actively undermining the good of the people, and I really dislike the ones out of office (though I try to be as understanding as I can) because they refuse to consider the needs of all the people and how to have a responsible economy.

What is so great about being suicidal, I want to know? Where is the nobility?

This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  76  77  78   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page