Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The way you Mecca me feel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The way you Mecca me feel
G2
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the headline from The Sun.

Today, Michael Jackson changed his name to Mikaeel and converted to Islam. Is that an improvement of his Jehovah's Witness upbringing? Apparently Jermain has been coaxing him into it for a couple years now.

Can MJ be the new face of Islam? That'd be sweet ... [LOL]

[ November 21, 2008, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: G2 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now looks who's in bed with Farrakhan!
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... great.

Just... great.

So. Well... poker later? My place?

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevarooni
Member # 6053

- posted      Profile for Stevarooni   Email Stevarooni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, happy Ramadan, Mr. Jackson. [Razz] This is irrelevant to me, but quite exciting for him, I'm sure.
[/Meh]

Posts: 536 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it. Do 12 year old boys dig Islamic mutants?
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevarooni
Member # 6053

- posted      Profile for Stevarooni   Email Stevarooni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's something about fitting in to his host countries? Trying to have an aspect in common with them other than money?
Posts: 536 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the best thread title ever? It just makes me laugh every time I read it.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshCrow
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for JoshCrow   Email JoshCrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cperry:
Is this the best thread title ever? It just makes me laugh every time I read it.

I had a similar reaction... this thread may have the best title ever.
Posts: 2281 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes me laught too.

I'm sure the Dutch Cartoonist thought he was being pretty funny, too. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps al-Qaeda is getting into the entertainment industry.

quote:
A stand-up comedy course for the inmates of a maximum security prison in Cambridgeshire was called off today after it emerged that a convicted al-Qaeda terrorist was among the would-be comics.
timesonline
Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A spokeswoman for the Justice Department added: “The director general of the National Offender Management Service is personally briefing governors from all prisons on the need to take account of the public acceptability test in relation to prison classes.”
Sounds like they fear critics of the government will complain both about the cost and about the possibility an Al Qaeda sympathizer might use it as a means to recruit other inmates to his cause. The fear of the latter is probably nonsense, but the fear of public outrage is most likely real. This time Jack Straw - what a name! - headed off a potential scandal with an alacrity many U.S. administrators might envy. President Bush reading to children during the WTC attacks, and the response to Hurricane Katrina, come to mind. And the first of those was merely a public relations debacle - like this - even if the latter involved real failure to plan and react.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might not be so bad if a lot of these terrorists got a sense of humor.

They just seem so morose all the time. They really need to lighten up.

Maybe we'd all be happier.

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KonerAtHome
Member # 2168

- posted      Profile for KonerAtHome   Email KonerAtHome       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a middle eastern "saying" once that went something like "Women are for making babies but boys are for pleasure". Mikaeel will fit right in I suppose.
Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is probably doing it because then he won't have to pay interest on the loans his Islamic hosts and benefactors gave him. There is a lawsuit in England right now which Jackson is being sued for breaking a contract to some Islamic prince over Jackson making a record just for the prince in exchange for several millions of pounds sterling.

Its in a British jurisdiction for some reason- hold over process from the Trucial States. But if he is islamic, Jackson would be immune from interest and penalties and only owe the principle when he can repay it in full. Meaning he most likely wont ever have to repay it.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevarooni
Member # 6053

quote:
Originally posted by Redskullvw:
Its in a British jurisdiction for some reason- hold over process from the Trucial States. But if he is islamic, Jackson would be immune from interest and penalties and only owe the principle when he can repay it in full. Meaning he most likely wont ever have to repay it.

Eh? I hadn't heard that. I know I've heard that Muslims don't like the idea of interest, but never heard anything about "penalties" in general.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page