Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The Cure for the Common Cold: Miracle Drug

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cure for the Common Cold: Miracle Drug
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zicam: Cold Remedy Oral Mist

This stuff works like you wouldn't believe.

I have been on antibiotics for over a week for my teeth.

But I still got a small sore throat that hung around for three days. Finally I used the "Zicam". Every four hours three times, once before bed. The next morning the sore throat was gone and has not returned.

Every time I've used this stuff it has worked like you wouldn't believe.

The trick is the earlier you use it the better it works and the faster it gets rid of whatever ails you

I have no stock in this company; just telling y'all because you guys are my friends and this stuff really works. NO MORE COMMON COLDS. It is unbelievable.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Balancing data point: doesn't do anything for me.

Sore throats associated with a cold might be expected to go away after three days, anyway.

The clinical evidence for this stuff's efficacy is in dispute, as well.

Not saying it doesn't work, just that there is conflicting evidence and opinion. [Smile]

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would not expect antibiotics to do anything for the common at all, though - just to be clear.

You should never, ever take antibiotics for a cold; they only work on bacterial infections, and if you take antibiotics when you don't have a bacterial infection you turn your own normal bacterial friends into a reservoir of antibiotic-resistance capability that they can then transfer to disease-causing bacteria if and when you get sick.

</rant>

However, I also have great results with zinc gluconate. The homeopaths say that it's important not to mix it with citrus, for whatever that's worth; but I, also, take that stuff religiously when I start getting sick.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys get ColdFX down there?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like you do:

COLD FX

This is Canada's heroin in winter.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Davidson
Member # 3377

- posted      Profile for Greg Davidson   Email Greg Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the miracle cure for the common cold. For 3.5 years, my son was under treatment for Leukemia and consequently he had a compromised immune system. And if he spiked a fever over 99 degrees for half an hour, we had to go immediately to the emergency room. Over those 3.5 years, our family of five had maybe a total of three colds. And the answer?

Handwashing. Everyone who came into our house immediately had to wash their hands. We all washed our hands regularly. And colds almost disappeared.

Not much good after the fact, but I highly recommend it as a general practice.

Posts: 4178 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

I'm a hermit, so hand washing does nothing for me. When I have to go out into the public, I invariably catch something because my anti-virus hasn't been updated.

Crazy that. We have to get sick to keep from getting sick. Whaaa-?

Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I feel one coming on, I load up on zinc lozenges, an echinacea-golden seal blend, lots of green tea, and double up on my vitamins. Usually kicks it in a few days without it ever settling into more than a mild sore throat and a bit of the sniffles.
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page