Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Embarrassment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Embarrassment
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. Tonight at 5 PM, my music video that I made for class will be shown.

To everyone.

My teacher will see it, of course. But further, the other teachers in my film program will see this, my very first presentable piece of film work, and this will be their first chance to judge my stuff.

The actors I got will see it for the first time. My step brother, who was the one character, and my mother's god-daughter, who was the other.

My parents will be there, of course. And so will the god-daughter's mother. And grandmother.

All the other students in class will see, as well.

So, I'm afraid. It will be embarrassing, just being there. Having everyone pertinent, and lots of others, seeing it too, on the big screen...? It will be... worrisome.

So, I'm terribly nervous.

On the other hand, this is the fruit of essentially ten weeks of learning. Thats all the time I've been learning how to make an actual film, and this is me after only ten weeks.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimskater
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for jimskater   Email jimskater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much good luck, and don't be embarrassed.

[ December 04, 2008, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: jimskater ]

Posts: 805 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what would be totally not embarrassing and totally cool?

Youtube.

You know it!

Oh, and I'm sure you will do fine, 0Mega. Didn't you overcome that massive hiccup with one of your actors a few weeks back? Have a nice cup of tea/beverage of your choice, get everything set up in advance and chill out before the showing. And remember: you're not there to be embarrassed, you're there to learn, right? Listen to feedback what you did well and what you could have done better so that your next film will be more awesome.

Have a great time! [Smile]

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 6210

- posted      Profile for Zero   Email Zero       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done film work before, and writing, and other arts ... and I loathe being there while it's shown off, biasing their reactions, I'd rather hide in a dark cave and read about the results once their final.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, good luck! Hope it goes well.
Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youtube would definitely be a good idea. [Wink]

Good luck.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell us how it goes, OMeg! Break legs and all that.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eeep

Try to enjoy yourself, 0Megabyte.

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimskater
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for jimskater   Email jimskater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how'd it go?
Posts: 805 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People laughed.

Throughout the whole thing. Not, like, constantly, but whenever something happened that I'd made that would be funny.

As comedy, it was a success. Because all the jokes got laughter.

So that's good. Even my teacher said she was pleased by how it came out, essentially. Or maybe just that it was better than it was before. I forget.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0Mega, did you intend for it to be a comedy?
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

Well, yeah. Ultimately, that was the goal. For it to be funny! Or at least, for each beat between the characters to be interesting to watch.

At least someone laughed at every beat, and sometimes other parts, too. So it's a success, I think.

Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Big Grin]
Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cb
Member # 6179

- posted      Profile for cb   Email cb       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMegabyte - a new star on the horizon. The first time putting your baby up for show is always the hardest. Good for you for all the courage that took.
Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post it
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page