Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Cute enough to cause permanent damage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cute enough to cause permanent damage
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have been warned
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! My eyes!
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it wrong to think of that as a once-in-a-lifetime shot (and I'm not talking Pentax)?
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nature has very limited quotas for spontaneous cuteness. One in a billion chance of a photographer being there when that happened (especially in a field of wild flowers).
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happens alla time. They're siblings. Love each other. Mutual embrace/grooming is the essence of their bonding. But y'all know that.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

I'm sorry. It looks like a photoshop to me.
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one that looked at that picture and thought 'They're doing it wrong.'?
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

*laugh*
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like my dogs to me, except as fawns.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flydye45:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

LOL
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NSCutler
Member # 1403

- posted      Profile for NSCutler   Email NSCutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The photographer was good, but the taxidermist was brilliant.
Posts: 789 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KonerAtHome
Member # 2168

- posted      Profile for KonerAtHome   Email KonerAtHome       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see grilled venison and new red potatoes with a glass of wine.
Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know you can eat raccoon meat, too?
Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JabberWockey
Member # 6381

- posted      Profile for JabberWockey   Email JabberWockey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me a cynic, but these two deer are not alive, which leads me to think that someone was a little gun crazy this last season.
Posts: 71 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually squealed repeatedly, it was so cute—I've just been dosed up with cute for about the next year. Personally, I haven't felt so outclassed in cuteness since I started watching anime, and I can at least tell myself that they're not real. [Frown]

Does anyone else have the horrible feeling that they will never again see anything so cute so long as they live, and might as well stop trying?

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute… THEY'RE DEAD?! [Eek!]
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NSCutler
Member # 1403

- posted      Profile for NSCutler   Email NSCutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Death can be cute. Just ask Neil Gaiman.

death

Posts: 789 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

You're all rotters for teasing me with such things! [Frown]

PS: I've just started American Gods, which is my first exposure to Gaiman.

[ January 27, 2009, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Jordan ]

Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 words.

No pink, please. [Smile]

Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

American Gods is good. The second installment, not so much.
Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I actually liked Anansi Boys more.

Edit: Unless you mean that short story where we learn ~*~Shadow's real name~*~? Because that one was kind of boring and pointless, IIRC.

[ January 27, 2009, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Lina Inverse ]

Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flydye45:
American Gods is good. The second installment, not so much.

?
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I want to see that one on f***y**penguin (just add .blogspot.com to that...clearly NSFW!)
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

No way are the fawns dead Jordan, see the whites of the eye of the one on top. Squealed? Really?

The only thing that could make this photo more appealing to girls is if there were also a princess in the picture who was the daughter of a mermaid and a fairy king riding on top of a unicorn with glittery dust flying about.

Jordan
Member # 2159

Oh, thank you, Kent! Phew! [Big Grin]

I have a… thing for cute animals. My official title among my friends is "King of the Guinea Pigs". [Smile]

Kent
Member # 832

Oh, you're a guy. Huh. Like I said: permanent damage.
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they finally put this up on Cute Overload.

Cute Overload also had a pretty cute guinea pig video the other day (sound effects are annoying).

Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page