Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Personal letter from Mitt:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Personal letter from Mitt:
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Munga,

A few months have passed since the election, and that's enough time to consider the outcome and take stock of our party's future. I want to make clear that I'm optimistic: our ideas are good, and our agenda will make America freer and stronger.

And our voice needs to be heard, now more than ever.

This is a time of hardship and uncertainty for millions of Americans. Unfortunately, the new President and the Democratic Congressional majority seem more concerned with stimulating the government than stimulating the economy. They have a lot of campaign rhetoric to make good on and plenty of special interests to pay back.

As the opposition party, we are entirely free to do what is right for the country. There are certain advantages to that kind of freedom, and I suggest we make the most of them.

I know I have been.

Recently, I addressed the House Republican Conference Retreat with my thoughts on how to turn around the economy and get America back on the right track. I also testified before Congress about the importance of making tax cuts the centerpiece of the 2009 economic stimulus package. And with your support, I will continue to fight for the principles in which we both believe.

Munga, will you join me in making the most of this opportunity and making your voice heard? One way to do so is by contributing $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 - or even the maximum $5,000 - to my Free and Strong America PAC. And if you contribute at least $30, we will send you a signed, limited edition "Stimulate the economy, not the government" button. This is the perfect way to show your friends and neighbors where you stand at this critical time for our party and our nation.

This great party of ours has seen setbacks before. They have never defined us. For our party, I believe this will be remembered as the time when we demonstrated the strength of our convictions, when we defended the foundations of America's prosperity, security and liberty. The comeback for our nation and for our party starts with you. I hope I can count on you as an ally in the work ahead.

Best,

Mitt Romney
Honorary Chairman

Dear Mitt:

Please accept these tax credits instead of cash from me. You see, there aren't any dollars in the economy and I know what is good for me is good for you.

Bless you, Munga

[ February 06, 2009, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how he just references his good ideas for restarting the economy without even alluding to what they are.
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Please accept these tax credits instead of cash from me. You see, there aren't any dollars in the economy and I know what is good for me is good for you."

Funny.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elk
Member # 6369

- posted      Profile for elk   Email elk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah he does:

quote:
Recently, I addressed the House Republican Conference Retreat with my thoughts on how to turn around the economy and get America back on the right track. I also testified before Congress about the importance of making tax cuts the centerpiece of the 2009 economic stimulus package.
He may not have explicitly stated the 'good ideas' in the letter, but he did provide reference to a time when he did discuss them. Most people aren't swayed by appeals to logic or concrete evidence anyway.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elk, all he said at the conference is even worse than what little he said here- he proposes as among the needed spending (not the superfluous spending that we don't need, like arts etc) repairing of our weaponry. Can you believe that even now the republicans want to send the money America needs in circulation.... to the same people they've been sending it to for 8 years? Who have not circulated it back to us in any way? Then the rest of his statements are- don't bother putting money into the economy, all we need are tax cuts.

In a way, Romney is exactly as out of touch as McCain was.

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys know the politicians never actually write those things, right?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JabberWockey
Member # 6381

- posted      Profile for JabberWockey   Email JabberWockey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean every bit of mail I receive may not have been written by whom it says it was?
Posts: 71 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

I'm sure Romney wrote mine personally.
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yours, yes...that goes without saying.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

*whooooooop!*

I knew it!

elk
Member # 6369

- posted      Profile for elk   Email elk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by munga:
elk, all he said at the conference is even worse than what little he said here- he proposes as among the needed spending (not the superfluous spending that we don't need, like arts etc) repairing of our weaponry. Can you believe that even now the republicans want to send the money America needs in circulation.... to the same people they've been sending it to for 8 years? Who have not circulated it back to us in any way? Then the rest of his statements are- don't bother putting money into the economy, all we need are tax cuts.

In a way, Romney is exactly as out of touch as McCain was.

I wasn't endorsing his proposal, merely pointing out that he was ever so slightly more specific than yossarian suggested.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess so, it just seems like someone asking for a handout should be a little more forward with the "good ideas." Instead Mitt claims I have good ideas give me money, if you are interested in what they are go look them up. Seems a little insulting. Why anyone would respond positively to the way that letter is written is beyond me.
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

because we love him
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of asking you for money, he should try to get on some of that bail-out cash they are giving away like candy.

Whenever anyone asks me for money, I tell them to ask Obama, "Can we get some money too please?"

"Yes we can!"

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

yeah, but cherry, Mitt apparently thinks that we should empty our last bucks into this PAC.

uh huh. that is high on my list.

elk
Member # 6369

quote:
Why anyone would respond positively to the way that letter is written is beyond me.
He's Mormon. When has anyone ever responded unfavorably Mormons? (munga doesn't count [Big Grin] )
Psudo
Member # 6403

- posted      Profile for Psudo   Email Psudo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a conservative Republican and a Mormon, and that letter would make it to the shredder at rates that would make you question the light speed barrier.
Posts: 229 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Joe the Plumber was giving economic advice to the Republicans now.
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 682

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least Mitt actually does have business experience, and is much more likely to understand the economy than any Democrat in Washington. He (or whoever wrote the letter) does make a good point that the current stimulus package is designed more to stimulate the government than the economy. The recent Rasmussen poll shows that most Americans disapprove of it. Even support among Democrats is dropping rapidly.
Posts: 2645 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

Ron, that would only be true if the money didn't leave the hands of government in the form of the projects.
elk
Member # 6369

quote:
Originally posted by Psudo:
I'm a conservative Republican and a Mormon, and that letter would make it to the shredder at rates that would make you question the light speed barrier.

I'm 2 out of three and too cheap (or lazy) to invest in a shredder.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page