Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Swine flu - the big one? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Swine flu - the big one?
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OpsanusTau - of course it was. Although I heard it was from one of the American companies pig farms in Mexico... Not that it really matters.

Then we get jackasses like Michael Savage saying it's an illegal immigrant disease.

Of course, we all know what the government's reaction will be to the news that it came from a pig farm: more centralization and more "control and testing" of said farms. Hey, they just so happen to have a handy little bill in committee now to deal with that - we discussed it last month as the Death of Organic farming.

Anyone with half a brain can see decentralization, with food or energy, is the safest way to go about things... Yet our "solutions" to these "problems" is the opposite...
We are just soo smart and advanced these days, aren't we?
--------------------------------------------------------
Re that 36k/year deaths from "normal flu" getting thrown around: Intersting math form the CDC

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have just had our first case of swine flu here in our area. And we still have no vaccine up and running yet. Perfect.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colin JM0397:
Then we get jackasses like Michael Savage saying it's an illegal immigrant disease.

People are really saying... but... legal tourists are... I don't even... why.

quote:
Re that 36k/year deaths from "normal flu" getting thrown around: Intersting math form the CDC
Huh, that's really interesting. Though since the CDC itself clearly states that 36,000 is a guesstimate and not a "confirmed" number of flu deaths, I'm not really sure how it's a double standard; you might as well say that virtually nobody died from the Spanish flu, since most/all the deaths couldn't be verified in the same way we can verify this swine flu.

[ May 01, 2009, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Lina Inverse ]

Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just take excellent care of your health, mademoiselle. Stay away from the speakeasies, drink moderately for a change and avoid cigarettes and weed, especially weed, unless you do the weed in very slight occasional doses.

Eat healthy food, lots of fruits and veggies, and stand tall while others fall around you.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Lina Inverse   Email Lina Inverse       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, but clean livin's no fun [Frown]
Posts: 457 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

[LOL]
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said nothing against rampant erotic activity. And people need to learn to go crazy without shutting down 80% pf their cranial function.

I had to. Therefore everyone must.

I command it.

Have fun without getting sick all next day or dying of swine flu.

Obey me and be happy and free!!!

[ May 01, 2009, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 7 deaths
quote:
A member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world.

Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease...

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico."

Ms Allan said WHO had confirmed 40 cases of swine flu in the Americas, 26 in Mexico, six in Canada, two in Spain, two in Britain and three in New Zealand.

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Then that one 10 month old baby that died here in Houston didn't die of Swine Flu?

KE

Lina Inverse
Member # 6361

I think the pertinent statement there is that 7 deaths have been confirmed by WHO; most of the reports we've been getting have been confirmed by government health agencies. My guess is that they haven't been providing WHO with whatever it needs to make its own confirmation--either because paperwork/samples are still winding their way through the system, or because governments have (understandably) made WHO confirmation a lower priority at the moment.
roper66
Member # 2694

- posted      Profile for roper66   Email roper66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of yesterday, Fort Worth school district has 4 confirmed cases of H1N1 and 22 probable, according to the epi division of the county health dept.

[ May 05, 2009, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: roper66 ]

Posts: 173 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, another week has gone by. 3 deaths in the U.S. for 3352 cases. The fatality rate is only .1% so far? Did everyone overstate the impact on our immune systems? It looks like we are going to deal with it fine. So, how long do you suppose before the U.S. removes its non-essential business travel warning?
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

Well people from here still cant go in or out of Mexico and the cases here aint exactly life threatening either, with one fella even complaining that he's gotta stay indoors! Well DUR!

Even though theres been a few more cases theres nothin that people cant handle. A lot of gasbaggin' and panic over nuthin'.

Colin JM0397
Member # 916

Swine Flu May be Human Error; WHO Investigates

Very interesting... Kind of like how Baxter just happened to put deadly live virus in a vaccine "by accident". Oops, sorry about that, we nearly started an epidemic. Nothing to see here, move along.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page