Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » A new crime: Getting your key stuck while black (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: A new crime: Getting your key stuck while black
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by edgmatt:
Unless its not really a beer... [Eek!]

It is, after all, Bud Light that he's drinking.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 0rnery:
No gripes from me about red light cameras. They don't profile, and they allow patrolmen to concentrate on more important issues. If you don't like them being revenue tools, don't run red lights!

The cameras don't, but the people who choose where they go are not exact immune to such.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0rnery
Member # 398

- posted      Profile for 0rnery   Email 0rnery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know about places like New Jersey or Chicago, but Houston seems to be even handed:

City Vehicles Caught By Red-Light Cameras

Since the first cameras went up last September, police caught and fined 112 government vehicles -- 47 of those driven by city of Houston employees. Twenty-five were Houston police officers. "Everyone is treated exactly the same," Sgt. Michael Muench said.

Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for Houston. Hope they keep it up. Decent government is possible and is (Cue: Martha) A Good Thing.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Drake:
At least once we have footage of Obama drinking a beer, we will know that he is not a secret Muslim like he was portrayed by some during the election and beyond.

Turks drink quite a bit actually. Now if we got some footage of him eating a BLT or a pulled pork sandwich then we'd have something.
Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah, so it's NOT real beer [/end canuckistanian sarcasm]
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

quote:
Originally posted by DonaldD:
quote:
Ah, so it's NOT real beer [/end canuckistanian sarcasm]
"Sex in a canoe", I've heard it called.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Muslim thing.

*sigh* I miss those Chicago all-beef kosher hot dogs. They make 'em a certain way on Chicago that we sure don't have here in Spokane.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cherrypoptart appears to have seen into the future here: Obama's gesture worked.
quote:
The best began the first moment that Gates and Crowley saw each other after the charges of disorderly conduct were dropped. In a post-meeting press conference, Crowley said: "The professor and I encountered each other while we were both on individual tours of the White House, and the professor approached me and introduced his family, I introduced my family, and then we continued on with the tour, but as a group."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0802/p02s04-ussc.html
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that they all pulled it off quite nicely. I don't even think Biden said anything stupid. [Smile]

I was quite confident that Gates and Crowley were two pretty good guys who would get along quite well under better circumstances than the stressful ones under which they met. It kind of reminds me of the movie, pretty good too, called "Changing Lanes" with Samuel Jackson and Ben Affleck.

I think the situation just got to be too much for Gates with the long trip and then the problem with the door, and then you have the fuzz giving you a hard time. I'm sure he just needed a nap. I get that way myself sometimes.

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page