Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » America's most trusted Newscaster (Page 2)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: America's most trusted Newscaster
sfallmann
Member
Member # 2148

 - posted      Profile for sfallmann   Email sfallmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It also serves as a convenient dodge for Fox to pretend that he represents a liberal point of view since people associate party with position almost instinctively. [/QB]
Convenient dodge for what?

When has Fox News touted Wallace as a liberal?
I don't believe that's ever been the case.

When I watch Fox News Sunday I never realized I was supposed to be watching a show with a liberal point of view. I thought it was a show where politicians would get asked hard questions more often than not regardless of party.

I guess that you think that Jake Tapper must be some secret rightwinger too.

Posts: 396 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member
Member # 2638

 - posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they seem to have fooled Redskull on that count by his own words above.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member
Member # 1771

 - posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps my response to the Steele interview highlights my ignorance in the debate, but if that is the case then I still found Inskeep lacking in terms of framing the question. It sounded as though he was just restating his confusion on the matter without adding any clarification to what he really wanted. Perhaps a different approach was in order. In any event, my overall criticism that the tone of the interview revealed his bias stands. I would have been happier with tougher questions and a more emotionally distant demeanor.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sfallmann
Member
Member # 2148

 - posted      Profile for sfallmann   Email sfallmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrtolin:
Well they seem to have fooled Redskull on that count by his own words above.

So your baseless answer is Red's fault?
Posts: 396 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member
Member # 2638

 - posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sfallmann:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrtolin:
Well they seem to have fooled Redskull on that count by his own words above.

So your baseless answer is Red's fault?
Baseless?

Fox tries to assert that it is "Fair and Balanced" rather than strongly biased toward the conservative side. It even has a token Democrat to trot out and show just how balanced it is, never mind the fact that the Democrat doesn't balance anything because he's only one out of political convenience, and strongly toes the conservative line and, as evidenced above, is willing to make an outright fool of himself trying to push the conservative narrative even when beat over the head with facts that outright prove it to be a lie.

There's no doubt that Fox is aware of both his party affiliation and his actual political views, or that they're using those as leverage to create a token gesture toward balance.

Red just serves as a perfect and convenient example that their ploy is, in fact, taking people in.

[ August 27, 2009, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Pyrtolin ]

Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sfallmann
Member
Member # 2148

 - posted      Profile for sfallmann   Email sfallmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrtolin:
quote:
Originally posted by sfallmann:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrtolin:
Well they seem to have fooled Redskull on that count by his own words above.

So your baseless answer is Red's fault?
Baseless?

Fox tries to assert that it is "Fair and Balanced" rather than strongly biased toward the conservative side. It even has a token Democrat to trot out and show just how balanced it is, never mind the fact that the Democrat doesn't balance anything because he's only one out of political convenience, and strongly toes the conservative line and, as evidenced above, is willing to make an outright fool of himself trying to push the conservative narrative even when beat over the head with facts that outright prove it to be a lie.

There's no doubt that Fox is aware of both his party affiliation and his actual political views, or that they're using those as leverage to create a token gesture toward balance.

Red just serves as a perfect and convenient example that their ploy is, in fact, taking people in.

Yes. Baseless.

You just went off on a tangent too. I merely asked for some evidence that Fox trots out Chris Wallace for some conspiratorial reason to trick people into thinking that it presents the news in a fair fashion.

Posts: 396 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member
Member # 2243

 - posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly a silly discussion.

Fair and Balanced says it all. Never in my life did ANY news show feel a need to claim it's fair and balanced.

What those words mean in this instance is 'news for conservative bias'. Which is fine but it ain't fair and balanced.

As for Red: he's a big boy and can fool himself just fine.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TCB
Member
Member # 1677

 - posted      Profile for TCB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyrtolin said:
quote:
That's a bit disingenous when his primary credits tend to come from, to extend your metaphor, from feeding that poisoned water back to the people polluting it until they break down. Like was revently referenced where he interviewed a media darling and exposed her as an empty hat.
Sometimes Stewart is a newscaster (i.e. when he reports the news). Sometimes he's a social critic (e.g. when he went on Crossfire or when he interviews empty-hatted media darlings). Admiring him as a critic and a comedian doesn't have any bearing on his trustworthiness on reporting news, which is simply repeated from tradiational news sources.

quote:
Fox tries to assert that it is "Fair and Balanced" rather than strongly biased toward the conservative side. It even has a token Democrat to trot out and show just how balanced it is, never mind the fact that the Democrat doesn't balance anything because he's only one out of political convenience, and strongly toes the conservative line...
Far be it from me to defend Fox News as a whole (I certainly find it to be conservatively biased), I haven't seen much evidence that Wallace in particular is biased. I watch Fox News Sunday almost every week, and I've heard him ask both Democrats and Republicans tough questions.
Posts: 824 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.1