Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Lamentations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lamentations
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where woe goes.

---

I bid thee adieu, bratwurst.

I remember when I first saw you, plump and pink, fetchingly mottled with fat and gristle. The moment I first touched you without a plastic barrier a shiver of delight ran up my spine. I remember how you couldn't help but curl - but just a bit, you were strong! - when you hit the boiling beer, and how your scent mingled with the onion and malt. I ached for you then, but made myself turn down the heat and continue my careful preparations.

I meditated upon your juices, your subtle spice, as I prepared the coals. Smoke stung my eyes, and excused my tears of anticipatory joy.

When I laid you upon the grill, how you bubbled and squealed! What color infused your flanks as I seared you, swallowing my pity, reveling in my mastery. And yet you tantalized, dripping your succulent essence onto the fire, dampening its power even as you intensified its impartation of smoky tang. And how you writhed.

Now the consummation was near. I laid you upon your Wondrous™ cushion, and reverently adorned you to accentuate your round, glistening form. The onion relish, sauerkraut, and mustard, beige and banal, framed your browned, taut skin.

Then I had you. I can scarcely contain the memory of my ecstasy, as I in turn was seared, but by pleasure, and writhed, but in carnivorous transcendence.

As I drifted from euphoricurean enlightenment back toward the mundane, I felt a pinprick of sadness. As the endorphins wore away, that pinprick enflamed into an abscess of despair. You were gone. In my monomaniacal determination to possess and consume you, I lost you forever. And I remain without you.

They say there are others, that I will move on. Kind fools. I know that my heart is forever entwined. However other brats attempt to entice, they seem but greasy and misshapen, pathetic and cheap.

I have wept myself dry, but still I lie awake, remembering the cruel ecstasy that redefined me, and robbed me forever of contentment. Regret? No, I cannot regret that which made me. But I grieve. Always I grieve.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[LOL] love it!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. Ode to a sausage. [Smile]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often sing odes to my... never mind
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page