Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Anarchy at hand baby (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anarchy at hand baby
Shawnee Ranger
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Shawnee Ranger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the killer WAS a Muslim Radical (By any definition of the term), whether or not he was supported by the Al-Quaeda or not remains to be seen. I think it's safe to say that he was definitely inspired by Al-Quaeda. I'm real curious about the account of him spending a great deal of time near the Canadian border and in the fact that he had "wads of money" at the time that he was living in a homeless shelter. The Washington and NJ connections are intriguing as both States have had a history of Muslim terrorist activity.

The lesson to all of this: Don't use ethnocentric generalizations to determine what a Muslim terrorist will or will not do. There is so much diversity within Islam that for one to say that a Muslim will or will not do something because it defies Islam is silly and shallow. They are people just like us and there are always those who will pervert or corrupt the tenets of their faith. It is so damned dangerous for Americans to be so complacent about the enemy or enemies that oppose us that such complacency may ultimately be our undoing. WAKE UP FOLKS! When you think of Al-Quaeda and the Radical Pan-Islamists, think "Muslim Nazis". There is little or nothing that they won't resort to in order to achieve their goals. I cannot emphasize this fact enough times. Little prediction: We are in for unprecedentedly historical times over the next three years. I just hope that the "Sleeping Giant' wakes the hell up in time to do something about it.-S.R.

[This message has been edited by Shawnee Ranger (edited October 26, 2002).]

Posts: 156 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Locus
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Locus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S.R.

Bingo..

Islam has very little to do with terrorists.

It simply (like most religons) gives the power hungry leverage on the masses.

Virtually any evil can be justified if you can somehow stamp God's approval on it.

Even the members of this board are not immune. I can already picture the cognitive contortions that line will cause some members as they try to reconcile it with their own faith.

Glass houses everywhere ..and all I've got is this pile-o-rocks.

Posts: 678 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page