Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Old timer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old timer
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like one of those stereotypes that message boards get. I've been here so long, and posted on so much, and posted so much, that there is currently all this stuff floating around the board that I would be interested in... but I feel like I've hashed it out so many times, I'm bored with it.

Tigger has made many comments on Israel recently, many of which I feel I should refute... but I think "Whats the point, I'll do it again in a few weeks with someone else."

Same goes for the homosexuality threads that are around right now. My point has been made about a dozen times here on ornery, and it feels futile to continue.

Sometimes, it feels like there is nothing new to discuss. Obviously, there is the war on Iraq, the Al-qaeda campaign, upcoming midterm elections, all sorts of things. But they aren't holding my interest as points of debate. Its very frustrating, as I'm sure you all can imagine, being the political animals you are.

I just thought I'd rant a bit. Please resume your reqularly scheduled attacks on the jugu... err, debate.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally Everard I would not want you to go. You keep my on my toes and really do a wonderful job of defending your position (even when I disagree). This forum would be less without you.

Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Grey - Tigger
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for Tom Grey - Tigger   Email Tom Grey - Tigger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ev, let me give you one word of advice.
Blogging.
... (can't quite pull off a Graduate paraphrase here).

Sorry to tire you out -- I'm still fresh on this stuff (after wasting most years on games). But Blogging/web site/references are a way to reduce your repetition.

You might even suggest that those who go to Ornery II start up a group blog; one that I quite like is Samizdata.

And Seagull's working on my Israel thoughts...

Posts: 493 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I don't blame you Tigger. You're just a very handy example Eddie's right, I'm a bit burned out. If you look at my profile, You'll see I have well over 3000 posts, and have better then 10% of all the posts in the general comments section. Thats a LOT of posting. A good chunk of thsoe are fairly small posts, but another good chunk are long posts, and a good chunk required a lot of thought.

I'm not going to leave. I just have to re-interest myself.

[This message has been edited by Everard (edited October 05, 2002).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Grey - Tigger
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for Tom Grey - Tigger   Email Tom Grey - Tigger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you don't blame me -- but I really think you should look into blogging as a parallel way of getting your thoughts down and getting comments.

Of course, I also think *I* should look into blogging... (but who would read me?)

Posts: 493 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to admit that I'm not a big fan of the blogging craze, especially of those bloggers who pretend to be journalists.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Falken224
Member # 684

- posted      Profile for Falken224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF?

Blogging? Could somebody enlighten me?

-Nate

Posts: 340 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedVW on a Laptop
Member # 615

- posted      Profile for RedVW on a Laptop   Email RedVW on a Laptop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean Ev. I cant even kep up much anymore. Plus it seems that it takes people longer to find their voice here than it used to. ..anyway the fascist occassionally makes it to the submit button.
Posts: 507 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denelian
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for Denelian   Email Denelian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dunno what bloggin is either...

and Ev, apparently there is now a discussion about my breasts on the thread i TRIED to start about the moon. (just go look...lol)

Posts: 1139 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page