Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The thread in which nobody points out who they can't stand.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The thread in which nobody points out who they can't stand.
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how long it can go. Perhaps OrneryMod could lock it as a prophylactic measure.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to drop some clue in the title or the first post what you *do* want people to discuss, scifi. </helpful hint>
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rallan
Member # 1936

- posted      Profile for Rallan   Email Rallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I can't stand that scifibum. Or Pete at Home for that matter.
Posts: 2570 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be able to stand that Rallan guy, but his name just drives my crazy. [Wink]

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep thinking "Ramen" - there's good eating on one of those...
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not biased; I can't stand any of you people. [Razz]

[ November 02, 2009, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Colin JM0397 ]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is like putting a group of children in a room with nothing but a big red button that says "Do Not Press Under Any Circumstances." Just wait five minutes and you know what will happen.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
You might want to drop some clue in the title or the first post what you *do* want people to discuss, scifi. </helpful hint>

Your continued guidance is unspeakably helpful.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which of course reminds me of the always famous "I don't want to hear another peep out of you for the rest of the night!" comment I'm sure we've all heard before as kids.

PEEP!

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aupton15:
This is like putting a group of children in a room with nothing but a big red button that says "Do Not Press Under Any Circumstances." Just wait five minutes and you know what will happen.

Sometimes that's the entire point. "Don't open the box", "Oh, no, not the brier bush", "Don't eat the apples."

Classic motif there.

Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cb
Member # 6179

- posted      Profile for cb   Email cb       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I appreciate being likened to a group of children. I'm thinking about disliking you for that. [DOH] [Exploding] [LOL]
Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like to point out that I have only the highest respect for children and, by extension, everyone here [Razz]
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cb
Member # 6179

- posted      Profile for cb   Email cb       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aupton15 respects me, he REALLY respects me(sob)! [Smile]

[ November 02, 2009, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: cb ]

Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asmalls4
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for asmalls4   Email asmalls4       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I respect everyone here but I am still new so that could change. [Wink]
Posts: 161 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:

Your continued guidance is unspeakably helpful.
Whether helpful or not, it seems to have been prophetic of the posts that followed. What's next, thread in which we all must avoid discussing sex? [Big Grin]
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page