Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Name Change and why

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name Change and why
NewYooper
Member # 6529

- posted      Profile for NewYooper   Email NewYooper       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the member formerly known as Koner.

When I created my original account and chose the name Koner, I used the name of a character that I had been playing in Everquest for some time as my username here. Not very creative right? Well anyway over the years things changed, I no longer play that character and don't use that name anywhere else on the internet.

Recently I have retired from the Navy, well actually my retirement date is November 30th, but I am retired now for all practical purposes, and moved back to my house in the UP of Michigan. So I am technically a "New Yooper".

Also, my previous account used my email address on the ship, and I can't log into it anymore because I can't remember the password (danged auto login) and I can't request a password reset since I no longer have access to the registered email account.

So the long and short of it is that I am Koner, I've just undergone a life changing event and wanted my Ornery name to reflect that.

I will also be a full time student at Northern Michigan University on the new G.I. Bill starting in January. Secondary Education Physics adn Political Science dual majors.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotcha, Yooper.

Weren't you the one who had the fun episode with the "winterizing company" breaking into your rental home?

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is wonderful to have you back, Koner. You made a lot of good posts under that name, and I hope you can now and then find time from your studies to make some under your present identity of NewYooper. And enjoy your well-earned retirement from the Navy.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Koner!
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NewYooper
Member # 6529

- posted      Profile for NewYooper   Email NewYooper       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Kuato that was me. That sitution was taken care of. Can't say much more than that about it.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuato
Member # 6445

- posted      Profile for Kuato   Email Kuato       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it, Yooper. You were clearly blameless and everyone wanted to stick you with the bill! Glad it came out right.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun with the snow up there Yooper!
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi NewYooper.

I've just spent the last year working in Reed City, MI. Which is far too close to Canada for my taste. I don't even want to think of what the UP is like come January.
Except for the snow mobiling. That looks like a blast [Smile]

Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vulture
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to have you back Koner [Smile] Glad your last tour has ended without a hitch. Enjoy civvy life again.

...although I assume as a recent demob you are still technically eligible for recall for a few years. But I doubt that's as much of an issue in the navy as the army.

Posts: 1768 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NewYooper
Member # 6529

quote:
Originally posted by JWatts:
Hi NewYooper.

I've just spent the last year working in Reed City, MI. Which is far too close to Canada for my taste. I don't even want to think of what the UP is like come January.
Except for the snow mobiling. That looks like a blast [Smile]

I'm originally from the Harrison/Gladwin area in the lower peninsula. We played against Reed City in high school sports. I know the area very well.

quote:
Good to have you back Koner Glad your last tour has ended without a hitch. Enjoy civvy life again.

...although I assume as a recent demob you are still technically eligible for recall for a few years. But I doubt that's as much of an issue in the navy as the army.

As a recent transfer to the fleet reserve I am subject to recall for the next 10 years, when I am put on the official "retired" list. I still collect all of my retirement benefits, I'm just subject to the recall. Won't happen though, my rating is overmanned at something like 118% and I'm in a non-critical rating.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page