Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Fantasy Football

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fantasy Football
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, not the boring European game where you can't use your hands, but the American body-armour wearing football.

My team is in the championship game!

Did you play this year, Ricky?

Anybody else?

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSRT
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for PSRT   Email PSRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished third for the second consecutive year (14 team league). For the second consecutive year, I really wish my team hadn't had so many injuries. I lost Owen Daniels, which obviously hurt. In our league format, he was still the #1 ranked tight end after 2 weeks of not playing at all. Not having Deangelo Williams in week 15 probably cost me a shot at the Championship game, which I would have won as in Championship week my team had the highest point total (and offed the number 1 seed). We're a keeper league, can keep up to four, and I've got 6 guys I want back on my team. The keeper selections are obvious, though.

Philip Rivers
Deangelo Williams
Cedric Benson
Wes Welker
Owen Daniels
Anquan Boldin

forms the base of a formidable team, especially in PPR formats. Unless injuries or weird trades happen, I'll keep
Rivers
Williams
Welker
Boldin

I'm going to be upset losing Daniels.

Posts: 2152 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play every year. I got killed by rounds 2-4 in the draft. Got Peyton in 1, got steels in 5-9. But... Brenda Jacobs, Anquan, and Darren McF@##@##@#@er. Finished: 4-10.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got: Carson Palmer as backup (couldn't move him for value tho), Cedric Benson (Yes, spotted comeback player of the year award, thank you, thank you, it is but bitter consolation. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! (H.E.)
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a keeper league, where I managed to have Jones-Drew AND Peterson, but they let me down for much of the season. Pretty weak showing today too.

Picked up Chad Henne (MIA) at the end of the season. Was doing quite well today, but sat out the second half with an eye injury. My rotten luck.

rest of my lineup: WR Austin, Jackson PK Akers

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

And, I'm toast. But still in the money as the 2nd place team.
Clark
Member # 2727

- posted      Profile for Clark   Email Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My team took 5th out of 10. And the league was won by a team that let the computer run the draft and then never moved a single player. She beat the rest of us despite playing Westbrook and Slaton the entire season. It was pretty embarrassing. But for some reason, when your team played her, all your players sucked.

Funny thing I noticed in our league was that the total number of points scored by your opposition (something you have absolutely no control over) was a much higher indicator of success than total number of points scored by your team. The #2 scoring team in our league ended in 8th or 9th place, I think.

Posts: 420 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

Our league was awesome in that regard, Clark. 5 of the 6 playoff teams were in the top 6 in scoring, and the 1-2 teams played the title game, the hallowed "KuterBowl" (Kuter in Yiddish - whiner. Name of the League: The Crying Game. [Big Grin] ). Very deserving win by the Polk High Panthers. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page