Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Jordan?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jordan?
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I assume people have heard abotu our murdered diplomat.

I'm generally of the opinion that killing a dimpomat is a grade A offence, and the nation in which it occured should be held responsible, along with whoever actually committed the crime. If jordan can't protect our diplomats, sever relations. They don't deserve to HAVE our diplomats in their nation.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diplomats can be killed anywhere and it is impossible to stop a determined assassin. Jordan, unlike Saudi Arabia is very much pro western (to the point of actually having a small role in Star Trek Next Generation). I have personally heard him speak several times and even met him once he is both urbane and intelligent. The problem resides in that his country is about 40% Palestinian and those radical elements are hard to handle. Talk about a rock and a hard place, he is also the key territory between Israel and Iraq, with Syria being nearby.

So before you condemn a country, look at their leaders and what they are trying to do.

Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cedrios
unregistered

Baldar is right, to sever relations over a killed diplomat, when people are so vulnerable anyway over there, is ridiculous.
seagull
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for seagull   Email seagull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ev,
Did you forget (or purposely neglect) the smiley faces on this topic?

Should Israel have severed relations with England in 1982 (IIRC, the Israeli ambassador was killed by terrorists)?

I wonder if there were any foreign diplomats in the WTC on 9/11/2001. If there were, should their country sever relations with the US because of it?

Posts: 1910 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Ah well, I'm not going to get many responses...

Yes, I don't mean this. I was trying to rile up some activity. Didn't work

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page